Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club 33 A big thank you ! you know who you are !!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Club 33 A big thank you ! you know who you are !!

Well my dream came through , i wonderful person got a hold of me here & gave me the chance of a life time, yes i was able to have a meal at Club 33, lucky for me i also believe that i started a new friendship, not with just 1 but 2 special folks & a family i just meet as well ,hopefully we can all meet again on main st & enjoy a wonderful day AGAIN ! i won't give names but thank you my friend , you made me one very happy person

BTW to everyone who laughed at my post back in July that nobody would do this , you were all wrong , their are people out their with a heart of gold ! be kind & you never know unless you ask!

Re: Club 33 A big thank you ! you know who you are !!

Originally posted by disney4life View Post
    i won't give names but thank you my friend

Well, I'm glad you made it in. I was probably one of those people who thought it not to be possible for strangers to be welcomed by club members as even the members I know are hesitant to let me in with my friends because it would use up some of their 50 spots.

No matter, I'm glad you made it. Club 33 is truly beautiful and a wonderful experience. I honestly wish everyone could use it for their special occasion Thank you for not saying who let you have access. I'm sure they wouldn't want their name/Micechat name out in the open as people would flood them with requests.

Trust me on this... Try wearing a Club 33 hat or Polo shirt in public. (I have both, and made that mistake only once.) You get flooded with requests from strangers. I had people walk up to me and stop me while walking around the mall... and I'm not the member, just someone who owns a hat and a polo with the Club 33 logo on it. (anyone who has access to the club can buy them. They are in a display case in the hallway of the club on the way to the main dining room.)

Comment

Nice to see people spreading Pixie Dust and making dreams come true.

Dude - A Club 33 member would not have 50 spots for reservations, they are given 50 PH passes for reservations for guests dining with or without the member. If you are willing to pay admission (or have an AP), a reservation could be made without using one of the 50 passes.

Comment

wow! that's so great to hear. it's amazing the kindness some people possess and their willingness to make dreams come true. you make me feel hopeful that one day, i too will be able to cross "eating at club 33" off my bucket list.

i hope it was a magical experience for you!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

BTW to everyone who laughed at my post back in July that nobody would do this , you were all wrong , their are people out their with a heart of gold ! be kind & you never know unless you ask!
          Just be gracious. No need for "I told you so".
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I love to hear stories like this, love that there are amazing people out there that would do such a magical thing for someone they didn't even know! So glad you were able to have that experience! It makes me want to go do something nice for someone, I think I will buy someone's Starbucks in the drive-thru today!

Comment

I'd love to go someday, also. Great story!

Comment

Amazing!! I also started a thread about going to Club 33. I would love to propose to my girlfriend there.

Man, what a great community around here.

Comment

What a great story! That was very kind of your new friend. Glad you had a wonderful experience. Any pics??
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Wow good for you - you really got to do something very special !
                    I have been dreaming of visting Club 33 for over 30 years. I know how much it means to do something like that. I saved up for a long time to take my wife to Disney World in Orlando and when we arrived there I had tears in my soul because I couldn't believe it had come true. When we took our first Disney Cruise last year a cast member asked me if everything was ok cause my eyes were a little watering (tears) and I told her I can't believe I was on the ship (Wonder) and it was one of my Disney Dreams. I know some people will make fun of me but thats ok I don't care. People like all kind of things in life and my wife and I love Disney. I had waited all my life to make some of my Disney Dreams come true and it really means something to me when it happens. I have other Disney Dreams - Club 33, to go to every Disney Park in the World, to go on all the Disney Ships, to meet Bob Iger, John Form Pixar (ok that will never happen but at least I got to see them talk at D23) and some other Disney Dreams - some I can work on (like going on our second cruise this Christmas - ship Magic) and others that will take more time and others that will be out of reach. We live in Phoenix, AZ and have Premium Passes (was also a dream) and drive to Disneyland a lot just to be part of that Disney Magic. We love Disney !
                    May All Your Days Be Disney Days !

Comment

It was nice of someone to make your dream came true. That is fantastic! Disney spirit abounds!

Comment

Well my dream came through , i wonderful person got a hold of me here & gave me the chance of a life time, yes i was able to have a meal at Club 33, lucky for me i also believe that i started a new friendship, not with just 1 but 2 special folks & a family i just meet as well ,hopefully we can all meet again on main st & enjoy a wonderful day AGAIN ! i won't give names but thank you my friend , you made me one very happy person

How cool is that! We almost got to go last year, then my mother had a stroke so we had to cancel our trip. We were disappointed of course, but family always comes first! At least we were able to spread a little pixie dust to another couple who could not have gone to Disneyland otherwise, and gave our park hoppers to them to use. So I know it feels good to spread a little kindness to others. We are planning, to do the make-up trip in December, unfortunately our prior contact no longer has access to Club 33, so we won't be going there. But hopefully, we will go to Napa Rose or Carthay Circle and have an equally good time. Fingers crossed that nothing prevents us from going this year!

Congrats on your dream coming true. (When you wish upon a star...) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
                          Dude - A Club 33 member would not have 50 spots for reservations, they are given 50 PH passes for reservations for guests dining with or without the member. If you are willing to pay admission (or have an AP), a reservation could be made without using one of the 50 passes.
                          To clarify further, Club members are allotted 50 1-day parkhoppers a year. These do not have to be used in conjuction with dining at the Club. How the member wishes to use their passes is up to them.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

So awesome. I've searched high and low to find a member to get me in. Came close once, but no dice. Hopefully one day. Anyways great that you got to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on this (I don't want to look like another person requesting a Club 33 meal)... So let me know if I'm going too far off topic! How does one verify that the person making their reservation is actually a member? For instance, I would be willing to make a trip out there if I had a member invite me, just for the opportunity to dine there, but am weary of internet-based transactions with people I don't know? I've heard members be concerned about who they are making reservations for, for this same reason, but haven't heard it from the reverse... Just curious! Thanks, all, and I'm so happy for you that you had this experience!! It is also on my bucket list to dine there, as I'm sure it's on almost every MiceChatter's list, so you are very fortunate to have found someone so generous!! You should consider doing a trip report, I would love to hear more about your experience there.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                              KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I am happy you got to go to club 33.... i am going to 1901 tomorrow and club 33 in november thanks to a member on a disney board. I think it's awesome stuff like this happends a dream come true... to answer the question how u know it's true for club 33 you get an email when it gets close. The members going to forward me the email.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow that fact that people were laughing at you. We all want to visit the club. I'm very glad you got to visit. I love seeing people's dreams come true through very nice people.

For some reason I got the "Oh that's wonderful, he/she got in!" type of feeling when I saw the thread title. I remember your post asking that!
                                  DisneyTwins
                                  Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                    I got the "Oh that's wonderful, he/she got in!" type of feeling when I saw the thread title. I remember your post asking that!
                                    Me too! :yea:

I'm always happy to read about the good fortune of others on the Disney boards. Like many others, Club 33 is on my bucket list. I've asked all of my family and friends to ask their family and friends so hopefully some day it'll come through. With declining health, who knows if it will happen before I have to quit traveling, but it never hurts to hope!

Congrats to you. It sounds like you not only got into an amazing club, but also made new friends! That's wonderful!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X