This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 1st trip in 4 years-Advice Needed

We're making our first trip to the resort in almost 4 years. I've got one question right now. We can't get into the park until 9:30 am the day we are going. Fastpasses for Radiator Springs will most likely be gone. Do we bite the bullet and hit the stand by line immediaitley or try to track when the standby line drops and hit it later in the day?

Thanks,
    Craig

Re: 1st trip in 4 years-Advice Needed

My advice: go right before the park closes. That way, you can get on everything you want during the day w/o taking time off your limited schedule, and you can virtually extend the park hours for yourself, seeing how they have to honor everyone who gets in line before park closing time.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

If on the day you go, the park opens at 8 am, then more than likely, the Fast Pass distribution will be over. The line gets ridiculously long even before the park is technically open (even during the off season).

That being said I believe you have a few options;

1. Single Riders if you're not adamant about being with your party on the ride or don't care about being put with a randomly family or group, you may or may not be separated from your group, although from my experience you only really end up by yourself or with one other person from your group in the same car, and they may be behind you and not next to you.

2. Like the above poster, go an hour or so before the park closes so that you don't take up a significant portion of your time waiting in a 3-4 hour long line. There is so much to enjoy at both Disney Parks!

I highly recommend the single rider line as we got on the ride in about 35-45 minutes. (I also ended up racing one of my friends who was in the adjacent car in the end which I thought was hilarious).

Also, it would help to know how long you all were planning on staying at the resort! (If you're staying for 3-4 days, then it really isn't an issue spending a lot of time waiting for the ride). Whatever you decide to do, I hope you all have a magical time!

Comment

Originally posted by Rendal View Post
        I've got one question right now. We can't get into the park until 9:30 am the day we are going. Fastpasses for Radiator Springs will most likely be gone.
        Most likely there will still be RSR FP available. 90 minute was close to as fast as they have been distributed, but thing have changed and they now surpass that time most of the time.

If you go during a super busy time, and even worse on a day of the week that DCA has Extra Magic Hours you may only may, be out of luck. If that happens look at the option the previous posters suggested.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Depending on the day of the week you could be fine riding stand by in the late afternoon or late evening. That being said, we waited at peak time in the summer and it wasn't that long at all.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

my recommendation is to skip the RSR fastpass and just go single rider. It's MUCH faster and the fun part is that your group is split into different cars and you end up racing each other! although this is not possible if you have young children unable to go alone or if you have a phobia of sitting next to a stranger. On a side note, so much has changed at DCA in the last 4 years so be sure to check out BVS and WoC as well!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X