This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] AP Ticket Discounts

Quick and simple: I was wondering, can Disneyland Annual Passholders currently purchase tickets/parkhoppers at a discounted rate for a guest that would be accompanying the passholder?

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Re: AP Ticket Discounts

Nope. Sorry.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

The only places I've seen discounted tickets are:

1) at Costco (usually a multi-day)
      2) for a big show at the Anaheim Convention Center (typically a half-day ticket that allows entry after 4pm or 6pm)
      3) from a big company like Cedars-Sinai (but they only get a few dollars off a one day, one park ticket)
      4) comp tickets for doing events like the CHOC Walk in the park
      5) comp tickets from a CM

Comment

In regards to #4 the tickets from the CHOC walk aren't comp...you can buy up to 5 @ $45 each (single park, hoppers are $65) after the walk but no free admission during park hours.
        Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

My friends did the CHOC Walk the other year and were told their wristband for the event was their entrance to the park. They didn't mention anything about having to pay for them. Was it included in their registration fee? Or maybe they don't do this anymore?

Comment

For sure last year and this year admission has not been included. I'm not sure about previous years.

This years FAQ addresses it here, about halfway down the page...
            CHOC Walk in the Park 2012 -
            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by bruingrl View Post
              My friends did the CHOC Walk the other year and were told their wristband for the event was their entrance to the park. They didn't mention anything about having to pay for them. Was it included in their registration fee? Or maybe they don't do this anymore?
              The CHOC walk happens early in the morning before the park is open for the day. That wristband, as far as I know, means admission to the park FOR THE WALK, not to stay later after DLR opens.

Same is true for the RunDisney races; your bib gets you into the park for the run but since it's before or after the park operating hours, and you're following a very strict route, it's not as though you're going on rides, etc. As I recall from my 5K there, they had a lot of CMs and security lining the path to ensure nobody would wander away.

RE: discounted tickets: For Bats Day in 2012, they organized Twilight Tickets (good in the park at, I think, 3 or 4, or six hours before closing) for $45. Anyone could buy them at the Bats Day link for that day. RunDisney also included a free Twilight Ticket for the 2012 Never Land 5K.

Another discount: Disneyland's offering a nice deal on hopper tickets for military: http://www.disneymilitarysales.com/

To the OP:
              No, unfortunately you can't buy tickets for friends at any sort of AP discount. The best thing to do might be to go for one of the Costco deals, or else keep your eyes peeled: sometimes in the autumn/winter Disney offers special discounts for Southern California residents (last year I think it was $99 for a two day ticket).
              Last edited by Malina; 10-03-2012, 10:07 PM.
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Costco hasn't had discounted tickets for a year or two, from what I've seen. It's unfortunate, really. :/

Adding on to discounted days with Twilight Tickets, Dapper Day had these available for the Fall outing in September. Some conventions in the area also offer these tickets through Disney.

Students/Faculty at large colleges/universities (perhaps only in the SoCal area?) can also get discounts through their school. Not sure if they can purchase tickets for people who don't attend the school, though.

Comment

Credit unions often have discounted tickets.

Comment

If your going very soon, here are discounted tickets for use between Oct 3-16
                    Must buy today before 9pm PST

http://www.disneyconventionear.com/D...Ticket%2BStore

Or for Oct 31- Nov12 us this link must purchase by 9pm Nov 1

Last edited by SanDiegoAl; 10-04-2012, 06:18 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                      Students/Faculty at large colleges/universities (perhaps only in the SoCal area?) can also get discounts through their school. Not sure if they can purchase tickets for people who don't attend the school, though.
                      Yes, these tickets can be used for anyone. They just need to be purchased by a student/staff/faculty. They used to be actual hard tickets that were bought on campus, but now you just do it online and print out a ticket page like any other online Disney admission purchase.

Comment

It's good to check with your employer to see if they offer discounted tickets and annual passes! I live out of state and my spouse's employer offers a benefit package that has a variety of coupons for discounted tickets at amusement parks, health clubs, museums, etc. Disneyland is included and we will save $47 total for our AP's. At least it's something!

There was also a discount for CityPass at the benefit package website. So basically his job is probably paying the difference. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                          Quick and simple: I was wondering, can Disneyland Annual Passholders currently purchase tickets/parkhoppers at a discounted rate for a guest that would be accompanying the passholder?

NO.

we no not get a discount on buying a annual pass with our annual pass OR tickets... the price you see is the price you get.. but if you are a annual pass holder you get discounts on pre order tickets like for the halloween party. but my cousin can't go and buy halloween tickets and expect to get a discount because i have a AP..
                          Last edited by Poisonedapples; 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

If they are not all sold out yet, there are a few nights where there are AP discounts for the Halloween parties. I know that tomorrow, 10/5/12 is sold out.
                            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X