This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Getting wet on rides...

I don't mind getting a little wet on the rides. I don't even mind getting really wet on rides, but I do have problems with wet shoes and socks! I feel if my shoes and socks get soaked, I'm doomed for the day.

Will they allow you to remove your shoes and socks before getting on Grizzly River Rapids?

How do all you experienced go'ers deal with this problem???

Re: Getting wet on rides...

I wear sandals...

However, outside of the ride they have free lockers for 2 hours at GRR.

Comment

Originally posted by produceguy View Post
      Will they allow you to remove your shoes and socks before getting on Grizzly River Rapids?
      You must have footwear on to ride rides.

I sometimes wear sandals but sometimes I wear tennis shoes since they are more comfortable for a long day of standning and walking. Some people switch them out for water rides, but I travel light and don't carry an extra pair.

When I have shoes on, I try to raise my feet at the bottom of the hills on Splash Mountain and a lot of the time on Grizzly River Rapids. That way my shoes are high when the bottom of the log/raft gets flooded.

On either ride you could get just a little splash, a big splash or totally soaked. The wetter is more common on GRR than SM but can happen on either.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I've only done this once or twice on Splash Mountain, but I will take my socks off before or as I am getting on. That way, my shoes are still on, but if my feet get wet at least my socks aren't.

Comment

If I had a dollar for every time I wish I had remembered to bring a change of socks or sandals, I'd buy you lunch (Bengal BBQ, not Blue Bayou).

Being able to stay at the GCH, which is normally above my pay grade, is on my bucket list for no other reason than I'd love to be able to quickly run back to my room to change after a good soaking on GRR.
          "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
          - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Giant Panda sez: "Being able to stay at the GCH, which is normally above my pay grade, is on my bucket list for no other reason than I'd love to be able to quickly run back to my room to change after a good soaking on GRR."

Yep Yep Yep, exactly what we do, and we try to time it to lunch at Storyteller's. We run to down to GRR w/rain jackets (can't get the hair wet, don't cha know?) and sandals. Pants, feet, sandals absolutely get soaked on GRR. Rain jackets save the shirts and hairdo. Then back up to the room to change into dry pants & shoes, then lunch. Totally makes the DGC worth the price!
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I don't mind getting wet on rides like Grizzly because... well.. it's a water ride! They were designed that way :yea:!!

If you have room in your bag bring an extra pair of socks or even better bring a pair of flip flops that you can wear when on the ride. In the worst case scenario, you could always buy a pair of disney socks/footwear that are well stocked throughout the shops in DL/DCA or stop by Downtown Disney to buy new socks/sandals/flip flops/shoes.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Always raise your feet on Grizzly!

Comment

This may look silly, but how about bringing along a plastic grocery bag and rubber band for each foot/shoe? You could easily slip them off and dump them in the trash after the ride. I love this ride, but seldom go on it because I don't want to get soaked. (we don't visit the park in the spring or summer) I may have to try my own idea next trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
                    Being able to stay at the GCH, which is normally above my pay grade, is on my bucket list for no other reason than I'd love to be able to quickly run back to my room to change after a good soaking on GRR.
                    My wife and I did that once. It was the middle of February and 6pm. We decided to ride Grizzly just for the hell of it since the room was so close. It was freezing when we got off the ride. I don't think we ever moved that fast through a hotel lobby to get back upstairs for a hot shower and a change of clothes.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I wear New Balance walkers which are GORTEX lined. Water proof and breathable. Let the floods begin:yea:

Comment

Extra socks are ALWAYS on my priority list for any DLR trip

I always being two pairs of socks with me at all times. Or pack some sandals in your backpack and swap you footwear before hitting the ride.

There is no worse feeling than walking around with soggy shoes and soggy socks...
                        "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Comment

The one and only time I've ever ridden GRR was for that reason. We were staying at The Grand, so it was just a quick walk back to the room to get out of those wet clothes and back to the parks again.

I did get absurdly and unexpectedly drenched last week on Splash Mt, however. But fortunately it was hot out and I was not wearing jeans or socks/sneakers.

Comment

I really think they should put a Rapid Ride and flume ride etc where you really get soaked in a waterpark - and can't believe this hasn't been done yet. Can you imagine going to the Disney Water Park and they had a Rapid Ride - WOW !! How cool, wet and fun that would be. it would be very popular....

Comment

I hope I'm not deviating from this topic too far but every time I go to some park where I know there's a water ride, I have a stash of 3-4 ziplock bags of varying sizes in the center armrest console of my truck. I grab those and toss them in a pocket. Before the ride I toss my cellphone, wallet and a few other items in the bags and put them back in whatever pocket I already had them in. I suppose you could do that with socks as well, just wear the shoes and not the socks.

Honestly, unless you've got a poncho on you're probably going to be more worried about what happens to you above the knees.

Comment

If I had a dollar for every time I wish I had remembered to bring a change of socks or sandals, I'd buy you lunch (Bengal BBQ, not Blue Bayou).

That's what I do when I stay at GCH. I change into a rashguard, boardshorts & Crocs and then I go to play so I don't care how wet I get.

Comment

I don't like getting wet while I watch 3D theme park movies, mostly because it is now so unoriginal.

On water rides I change into flip flops, and--if I'm feeling obnoxious and in need of attention--a very cheap disposable raincoat (2 for 99 cents) which I wear with a smug expression.

I don't like soggy socks, and if you'd ever experienced the stench of my wet tennis shoes you'd thank me for wearing flip flops. One day I forgot them and sat in the front of a Voices of Liberty show. They screamed for their freedom. The ghosts in the Haunted Mansion fled to ISAW. And Knott's borrowed them to create a scent for Pigpen in Camp Snoopy. My wet running shoes were the star of the first room in Trapped at Knott's Scary Farm, but were removed because no groups made it to the second room, even when the safe word was changed to the first page in the Warsaw phone book.

I wish I were making this up.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else notices this, but I seem to get wetter on water rides in the morning than in the afternoon.
                                    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I always either take my socks off (and put my shoes back on, of course) or bring a pair of clean socks.
                                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

On GRR I put my feet up on the shelf just under your feet, then they are at least up off the ground. On SM I tuck my feet under the bench and I don't get as much water on them. But I always wear flip flops or sandals so my feet are dry 5 mins after exiting the ride
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X