Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I'd like a Circlevision film fest.

I'd like to attend a Circlevision film fest with all of Disney's Circlevision films (except EPCOT's Canada movies) restored & shown.

I especially want to see the earlier America & world tour films that were shown at Disneyland & in the Magic Kingdom.

And I'd like a new 3D Circlevision world tour film.

More versions of Soarin' would be nice too. (Over Japan, Europe, The U.S. outside of California, & China--all in 3D.)

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd like a quartet of actual, 25-year-old Olivia Newton John clones to sing "We're Hopelessly Devoted to You" as they bring me treats in-between the shows. I mean as long as we're being realistic about what I want.

Re: I'd like a Circlevision film fest.

Me, too. I really miss circlevision as DL.
    sigpic
    Fluffy Club Member

Comment

I agree, except I really liked Epcot's (first) Canada film. I haven't seen the current one, so I can't comment on that. It would be nice if they'd build another Circlevision theater and would change the films every so often so you could see all of these.

Also, I LOVED The Timekeeper. I don't understand why they didn't build it here. It would have been a lot cheaper than Rocket Rods, and wouldn't have necessitated shutting down People Mover. And it was an AWESOME attraction.
      Oh, well, they didn't ask me.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I would love Circle Vision 360 to return as well. 3D would really make it great, too. A Soarin'-style set up would make it EXTRA awesome. And a film festival? Now that's thinking!

Comment

Love the idea
          they should still bring back circlevision like they said last year at D23
          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

They have the room to bring it back on select nights...maybe make an AP event?
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'd love to see the Disneyland movies again. We got to see the original for one last time before the theater was removed for Buzz. Brought tears to my eyes. Was like stepping back through time to the older Disneyland!
              sigpic
              Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

How exactly would they reincarnate this theater?

Facebook me!
                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

The recent Cinerama festival of restored films at the Hollywood Dome, certainly was wonderful. Was reminded how much further Walt Disney pushed that art form into Circle-Vision 360, and all of those terrific films. I agree that 'Timekeeper' was excellent and should have been brought to Disneyland, rather than retired everywhere.
                  sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
                  - - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                    How exactly would they reincarnate this theater?
                    Temporary structure.

Rotate in a different film each month.

Comment

I like this idea. Another vote for Timekeeper.
                      Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                      Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

I'm going to start a poll on which Circlevision films you'd like to see.

Comment

I don't think that 3d would work with the circle vision format without people getting motion sick from the multiple angles with the curved screens and the potential misalignment of the screens in your peripheral vision
                          The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

Originally posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
                            I don't think that 3d would work with the circle vision format without people getting motion sick from the multiple angles with the curved screens. . .
                            Were the screens curved?

I don't think any theme park has ever been concerned with motion sickness.
                            It's funny (to me and it's off track) that I recently asked a CM at DCA's swings if guests ever vomit from the moving swings. He said yes and that they sometimes then close the ride down because some of the fragrant messes have been quite spectacular and widespread.

Comment

Wow, I really miss Timekeeper. And the Timekeeper animatronic (voiced brilliantly Robin Williams) was really cool. I agree they should've brought that to Disneyland. I'd rather have Disneyland movie nights rather than what they're doing now at the Opera House.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                                I'm going to start a poll on which Circlevision films you'd like to see.
                                AJ and WoC
                                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X