This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Looks like more NextGen stuff is starting to roll out

Disney’s Magic Band arrives on the FCC, offers wireless access to the happiest place on earth |

Re: Looks like more NextGen stuff is starting to roll out

I want that.....would be sweet...so I'd never lose an FP again
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It looks like it could be used in some really cool things.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Pretty nifty, it'll be neat to see what it looks like when it makes it's way to DL.

Comment

If these wristbands are going to be used in place of tickets, then I think APers should get implantable chips so that they can just wave their hands when they enter the park. They would self-destruct become inactive when your pass runs out.

Comment

Woah...is it just me or is disney starting to become a bit more totalitarian than it used to be? filmore would back me up on this one.
            In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
              Woah...is it just me or is disney starting to become a bit more totalitarian than it used to be?
              Bingo.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

George Orwell would be proud of Disney....

Comment

Baaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, baaaaaahh. I mean, oh cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    If these wristbands are going to be used in place of tickets, then I think APers should get implantable chips so that they can just wave their hands when they enter the park. They would self-destruct become inactive when your pass runs out.
                    .................................................. ..............................................

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                    George Orwell would be proud of Disney....
                    Kurt Vonnegut's leaders in "Harrison Bergeron" are how I imagine
                    Thomas Staggs, Bob Iger, Michael Eisner, Jay Rasulo, Meg Crofton and Paul Pressler
                    view
                    themselves, the CMs, and the masses who support them.
                    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Time to reread Brave New World.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I don't find it creepy or anything. It sounds pretty convenient. I'd rather just have the waterproof wristband on and not have to deal with soaked tickets on Grizzly or Splash. It would also be easier to just have my ticket on my wrist and not have to keep pulling them out to park hop.

I was thinking earlier about Photopass and how all of those cards feel like a waste. They kept just handing them to us, and I told them we weren't doing it and they'd say "Oh, no biggie, I have a ton of them." We got so many of those cards it's ridiculous. I also read someones post on here where they mentioned that their Photopass card got swapped on accident. So, this wristband thing sounds like it could be more efficient for things like Photopass as well.
                        * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

Disposable? I'm not an environment nut by any means, but it just sounds very wasteful to go this way. I'm assuming they can remove the battery, recharge?, melt down the plastic, remold, etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if these ended up in a landfill somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by StarDustFairy View Post
                            I don't find it creepy or anything. It sounds pretty convenient.
                            Bingo.

Comment

Well, considering this website (MiceChat) currently has installed 20 Cookies in my browser, it seems no less nefarious nor creepy that Disney wishes to track people within the Parks.
                              Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Comment

It begins...

...As I see it

Comment

Originally posted by Timicus View Post
                                  Well, considering this website (MiceChat) currently has installed 20 Cookies in my browser, it seems no less nefarious nor creepy that Disney wishes to track people within the Parks.
                                  I hear ya. MC has been "conflicting" w/ McAfee for a few weeks now.

Comment

Not saying it's not going to happen, but filing patents and frequencies with the FCC doesn't exactly mean it will be happening. Apple submits tons a patents that they never have or will use.
                                    DisneyTwins
                                    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                      Disposable? I'm not an environment nut by any means, but it just sounds very wasteful to go this way. I'm assuming they can remove the battery, recharge?, melt down the plastic, remold, etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if these ended up in a landfill somewhere...
                                      I do agree with you. That would be my only real concern. Perhaps Disney could have easy access to recycle bins for these near the park gates? People could easily drop them in on the last day of their trip.

I still don't find anything creepy about Disney knowing where I am or what I'm doing inside their park. I value my privacy very much, this just seems harmless and doesn't feel invasive to me. What I don't understand, however, are the people I see on my Facebook, willingly, announcing to every one wherever they are. Their exact location at a restaurant, movie theatre, or even on vacation and for how many days. (Before they leave, when you're back it's not really an issue anymore.) Privacy settings are helpful, but spread the news where you are and for how long, and it can make your empty home a sitting duck for a criminal. Or your precise location an invitation for a creepy stalker...
                                      * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

I'm sorry but this is a wretched idea. Whats with all the technology? It's not always better. Maybe they can just work on making all tickets plastic or out of a biodegradable material so they can be thrown away but won't be harmful to the environment.

Facebook me!
                                        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X