• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Disneylandfan
    replied
    Re: Extra fastpasses.

Originally posted by sgtfox View Post
    Fastpass Collection. Duplicates get given away to nice people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24260[/ATTACH]
    Pretty cool idea, it never occurred to me to frame them.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    but every once in a awhile family looks at me strangely and refuses them....so on to the next family I go.
    Originally posted by PascalGal View Post
    Only once has someone turned us down (a horrified mom who had never heard of FPs and thought we were trying to con her kids into something illegal!).
    How does someone NOT know what the FP's are? The poor children in these families missed out.

Its nice to see so many giving them away. I've done it a few times myself because I have a child that changes his mind about riding certain rides constantly and I'm stucking holding 2 FP's.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat Mickey
    replied

I just give them away to people.

I usually look for a group that has the same number of people as passes I've got to give away.

Its nice to put a smile on random person's face.

Leave a comment:

• Malina
    replied

For the most part I will try to offer them to people as I leave. I usually look for either single riders or people who are older.

There have been a few times late at night when the CM didn't even take the FastPass--on Splash Mountain this happened more than once, until I figured out you really don't NEED a FastPass for Splash at 11:30pm--and those ended up in the ticket album at home.

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied

If the FPs are for RSR I stand on a bench and announce that it's time for Disney Trivia!
    The winners get the FPs, the second prize guests get to go on HM with me and hear me loudly recite every line along with the Ghost Host. (It's funny how many people do such a good job of pretending that I'm annoying them.)
    Just kidding!

Leave a comment:

• TSTLSOOM
    replied

i remember one of the first times my girlfriend and i went to disneyland together someone gave up star tours fastpasses. it was very kind of them, so we started to do it everytime we went. made this kid so excited when he was given Radiator Springs Racers Fastpasses.

Leave a comment:

• sgtfox
    replied

Fastpass Collection. Duplicates get given away to nice people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fastpass.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	7345012

Leave a comment:

• RSZero1
    replied

I usually give mine to a cast member to hand out - sometimes when I tried to give them to guest directly, you could tell they thought there was a catch or didnt believe they were valid.

Leave a comment:

• PascalGal
    replied

We always give them away. Usually we look at the people about to get in the stand by line or we'll look for a couple wearing celebration buttons. Sometimes we get FPs to something popular (e.g. SM, ST, Splash) just to give them away. The recipients' smiles are so fun to see. Only once has someone turned us down (a horrified mom who had never heard of FPs and thought we were trying to con her kids into something illegal!).

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

If I have two extras, then I look for a young couple who want to ride something but are put off by the standby wait. I think if you and your significant other are at Disneyland, you deserve a little extra magic.

Leave a comment:

• Chesire
    replied

This June, a family with small children were heading out of Tomorrowland. I overheard the dad talking about how he wanted to ride Space Mountain before he left. The wife said the small children couldn't wait 2 hours (the current wait time) since they were tired and grumpy. On top of all that, they needed to leave the park in 30 minutes to catch their plane. I had an extra fastpass since one of the members of my group had a queasy stomach. I walked up to the family, handed the dad the fastpass, and left for Main Street. While enjoying an ice cream on the steps of one of the shops, we saw the family again, leaving the park, and the dad was just going on and on about how "so freaking awesome" Space Mountain was.

One of my favorite Disney memories I have.

Leave a comment:

• PetiteMortKvsh
    replied

If it isn't a Holiday dated Fast Pass like Halloween, New years, my birthday and so on. I find a family that look like they need some extra magic for their day I ask if they'd like to have them. Most of the time the family seems thrilled at this gesture , but every once in a awhile family looks at me strangely and refuses them....so on to the next family I go.

Leave a comment:

• smartlabelprint
    replied

There is only one time I had extra fastpasses. I wanted to give them to someone but didn't see anyone around. I left them near the ride on a wall or trash can, I'm not exactly sure.

Leave a comment:

• 1Disneylandfan
    replied

I usually give them away. One time it was late in the evening and I knew we weren't going to use our passes for Big Thunder and two women that rode behind us and had a great time, we gave our passes to them and they were thrilled.

Another time we were done for the evening and were walking down Main Street and asked if anyone wanted two passes for Space Mountain and didn't have any problems giving them away.

On my last visit I was beginning the day and riding down in the elevator with a lady who was leaving (she had her suitcase with her) and I said ahh that's sad you have to leave. She said your on your way to the parks and we said yes. She reached in her purse and took out 4 fast passes that were good for any ride for the next 5 days. They had for DVC Members on them. We didn't have any problems using them and were not DVC members.

Leave a comment:

• MarkILIS
    replied

Last night a woman and her kid were standing across from the open-air part of Pizza Port on the walkway to Space Mountain asking people, me included, if they had extra FPs. That was the first time I'd had that happen. It felt like when you're near a stadium and scalpers are looking to buy any "extra" tickets from people.

I usually end up throwing any unused ones away the next time I clean out my wallet. From now on I'll try to be a good samaritan and hand them to someone like those above.

Leave a comment:

• TONY THE BEAT
    replied

I hand them out to people that are walking up to the stand-by and hand them over, and walk away.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

If time is left and I know we are making it to the ride to use them, I try to find a party of guests who can. Offer them to people near me in line or sharing a ride vehicle, or dining near me.

I can't always find someone so I do have a lot of souvenire FPs at home with me.

Leave a comment:

• pinkertonfloyd
    replied

Originally posted by Spence View Post
    The last time I was at Disneyland it was a fairly quiet visit as far as crowds and by about 10:30 PM that night I still had 8 FP leftover, surprisingly. Now, keep in mind, there were 4 people in our group and it was a quiet day so we had no problem accumulating FP's but since most line ups were short, we didn't use that many.

So instead of keeping the FP's as a keepsake, I left the leftover FP's on an empty shelf in the Star Trader in Tomorrowland (in plain sight mind you).

My question to you is, what do you do if you have any extra Fastpasses and are not planning on using them?

I usually find a couple/group that looks like they're vacationing, and offer them to them...

Usually happens when my kids are getting tired, and we're not going to make it to the window start.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    started a topic [Question] Extra fastpasses.

Extra fastpasses.

The last time I was at Disneyland it was a fairly quiet visit as far as crowds and by about 10:30 PM that night I still had 8 FP leftover, surprisingly. Now, keep in mind, there were 4 people in our group and it was a quiet day so we had no problem accumulating FP's but since most line ups were short, we didn't use that many.

So instead of keeping the FP's as a keepsake, I left the leftover FP's on an empty shelf in the Star Trader in Tomorrowland (in plain sight mind you).

My question to you is, what do you do if you have any extra Fastpasses and are not planning on using them?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X