Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariel's Grotto: Need info about dinner, princesses, and WOC (please!)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ariel's Grotto: Need info about dinner, princesses, and WOC (please!)

We are leaving for our first DLR vacation on 10/14/12--a week from today (Sunday, 10/7/12). YAY! :yea:
    Well, we were originally planning on going to the Halloween Party on Monday night, but the tix already sold out. So we are hoping to make the evening special with a different treat.

One of our children has a princess obsession and *really* wants to meet them. We'd like to do a character meal at Ariel's Grotto. We have park hopper tickets for Monday, so we're hoping to get over to California Adventure that evening.

(See where I'm going with this?)

SO...I'm confused. What exactly is the latest on a character meal at Ariel's Grotto...and will it get us into WOC?

Ideally, we'd have dinner at Ariel's Grotto, be able to meet & mingle with the princesses, and then have access/FP's to WOC that evening.

Is this a reality? If not, what are some alternatives. A non-negotiable is meeting those princesses.

Please let me know. I'm gathering a lot of conflicting information about both AG/character meals (breakfast vs. dinner, vs. lunch) and availability of WOC access via dining through AG.

Thanks.

Re: Ariel's Grotto: Need info about dinner, princesses, and WOC (please!)

Originally posted by Micheleluvscorgis View Post
    We are leaving for our first DLR vacation on 10/14/12--a week from today (Sunday, 10/7/12). YAY! :yea:
    Well, we were originally planning on going to the Halloween Party on Monday night, but the tix already sold out. So we are hoping to make the evening special with a different treat.

One of our children has a princess obsession and *really* wants to meet them. We'd like to do a character meal at Ariel's Grotto. We have park hopper tickets for Monday, so we're hoping to get over to California Adventure that evening.

(See where I'm going with this?)

SO...I'm confused. What exactly is the latest on a character meal at Ariel's Grotto...and will it get us into WOC?

Ideally, we'd have dinner at Ariel's Grotto, be able to meet & mingle with the princesses, and then have access/FP's to WOC that evening.

Is this a reality? If not, what are some alternatives. A non-negotiable is meeting those princesses.

Please let me know. I'm gathering a lot of conflicting information about both AG/character meals (breakfast vs. dinner, vs. lunch) and availability of WOC access via dining through AG.

Thanks.
    AG no longer offers WOC FP. They're offered through WCT or Carthay Circle.

Comment

I just called our hotel (PPH), and they confirmed that AG does not offer WOC FP's. They also confirmed that the princesses are not there at dinner.

So it looks like we'll be doing lunch there and devising another WOC plan. Perhaps WCT or Carthay Circle...

Hmmm...I wonder which of those is a better option for dinner with a five year old and a six year old?

-Michele

---------- Post added 10-07-2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

Oh, the hotel also switched our game plan...because they told us we could get Halloween Party tickets through the hotel.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the princesses are there at dinner, I would call back and double check, and maybe call the park line, not the hotel. They used to not be there when it was used for WOC but now it is princess dinning all day.

for WOC you can get a regular fast pass in the morning from the grizzly river run fast pass distribution center.
        Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Okay. I got some official confirmation from calling Disney Dining. Ariel's Grotto has character dining (princesses) for ALL seatings (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), but it does not provide FP's or any other special WOC perks.

Comment

Glad you got some clarification! The views for WOC from regular fast pass viewing can be great as long as you are up against a railing. That will probably be your best bet with the princess dinning. Just be sure to grab them before lunch time so they don't run out!
            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

One thing I would be aware of as far as "mingling" with the Princesses at Ariel's Grotto (I have NOT been there myself) is that I have read multiple times that the princesses stop by each table but are only there long enough for a photo, and then move on. Something you might want to be aware of in case your girls are planning on being able to talk with them. The Princess meet n greet in DL might offer more "chatting" opportunities, from what I have been reading.
              I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X