Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I rode Space Mountain without the lap bar!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] I rode Space Mountain without the lap bar!

So, I'm a big guy. I didn't think I would be able to ride Space Mountain. But I tried anyway when my family went on.

Sure enough... I couldn't get the lap bar down... not even one click. The CM looked at me and I said I couldn't get it down... she looked at the lap bar and then kept walking. I figured she'd be back.

Nope.

I rode the entire ride without restraints. It was fun! But I was a bit nervous lol. I was crammed in there... I wasn't going anywhere... maybe that's what she thought too

Anyway, my second attempt, it was a different CM and she didn't let it slide. The car got pulled off to the side and everyone hand to get off. I was really embarrassed. They offered to load us up in the handicapped cars, but I said no and opted to just wait for my family.

Pretty interesting experience though

Re: I rode Space Mountain without the lap bar!

Good thing you live to tell this tale. Things like that is what get people killed. Next time just opt out to not ride. Your safety and others is way more important.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

This is incredibly irresponsible of the CM. If you clearly told the CM that the bar wasn't down the fault is totally on the CM.
      Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Wow. That is scary. Why did you try again?
        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cruise View Post
          This is incredibly irresponsible of the CM. If you clearly told the CM that the bar wasn't down the fault is totally on the CM.

well yeah, if the CM saw the lap bar wasn't down and just kept walking, she definitely was not doing her job! Even if you felt "crammed" in there, its still a serious safety issue and thank god nothing bad happened.

i'm glad you got to experience the ride, but not like that!
          [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
            Wow. That is scary. Why did you try again?
            I tried a different seat. I read somewhere that either the front or back had more leg room. The first time I rode, I was in the middle car.

---------- Post added 10-07-2012 at 09:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
            Good thing you live to tell this tale. Things like that is what get people killed. Next time just opt out to not ride. Your safety and others is way more important.
            Yup. Agree. Next time, I'm hoping to have lost enough weight by then to ride safely

Comment

Originally posted by pushforth View Post
              I tried a different seat. I read somewhere that either the front or back had more leg room. The first time I rode, I was in the middle car.

---------- Post added 10-07-2012 at 09:51 PM ----------

Yup. Agree. Next time, I'm hoping to have lost enough weight by then to ride safely
              That is a great attitude! I wish you lots of luck. :thumbup:
              [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                Yup. Agree. Next time, I'm hoping to have lost enough weight by then to ride safely [/QUOTE]

I hear you bud. I once was way over weight. I got tired of it and lost about 51lbs in the past 4 months. Its hard I know but if I can do it so can you! Good luck! :thumbup:

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

though i'm happy that you at least got to experience the ride, i'm just glad that you and the other passengers stayed safe and i'm really curious as to what that castmember was thinking. whether or not you looked like you were going to fall out or not really isn't the type of call she should be making :/

in either case, what's done is done, and i wish you luck on your current goals! you can totally do it and just remember disneyland as one (of many, i'm sure!) of your goals! :thumbup:

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

That's a definite safety for the CM. I hope their lead didn't and never finds out. Glad you had fun, though!
                    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Flat out negligence of the CM, imo.

I'm glad you made it through the ride safely.
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I rode the entire ride without restraints.
                        Shame on the CM.

Anyway, my second attempt...
                        Shame on you.

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
                        That's a definite safety for the CM. I hope their lead didn't and never finds out. Glad you had fun, though!
                        We should hope the lead DOES find out and fixes the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                          Shame on the CM.

Shame on you.

Pretty much says all that needs to be said.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                            Shame on the CM.

Shame on you.

Well... wait a darn minute here... my second attempt wasn't a "shame on you" moment... as I said, I had read that either the front or back car had more leg room. My first attempt, I was in the middle car. So going for a second attempt in hopes of getting a better fitting seat isn't shameful... it would have been had I tried to go restraint-less on purpose :P

Comment

Well... wait a darn minute here... my second attempt wasn't a "shame on you" moment... as I said, I had read that either the front or back car had more leg room. My first attempt, I was in the middle car. So going for a second attempt in hopes of getting a better fitting seat isn't shameful... it would have been had I tried to go restraint-less on purpose :P
                              agreed; no shame on you for trying to find something that works better for you! it's not like you tried to argue with the second cast member saying you got to do it before.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

It sounds like the second time, you went based on rumors and "hope". Did you ask a CM beforehand: "I just rode without the lap bar securing me in place. Are there any bigger seats I can get in or should I just not go again?"

Honestly, if you had a clear safety violation on your first ride, you should be darn sure your second ride is going to be safe before trying to board. And I'm not making a judgement call and the CM was definitely at fault on your first ride, but if I was not secure in my vehicle, I would have been yelling and screaming and standing up. That will get them to recheck you.

Comment

I've enjoyed myfitnesspal weight loss app & site. "A year from now you'll wish you started today". Quote from my weight loss class.

Comment

disciplinary action on part of the CM is required. This type of negligence is what leads to accidents and good thing you made it safely! This is strange... Disney is usually an industry standard of safety but this incident and the seatbelt incident on the Matterhorn from another recent thread is not acceptable (although the guest was not in any danger as the bobsled would not have left the checkpoint with all seatbelts secured, the CM's should have addressed the situation immediately).. CM's should be trained for this these situations

Comment

How can the ride start if not all the lap bars are down and locked?

Comment

Be careful next time, my friend. Fat redistributes around the body during a ride. Even though you may feel secure while the ride is not in motion, your weight may shift out of the vehicle while the ride is in motion. That's how that lady died on the water ride at Knott's 10 years ago -- and that was with a simple lap bar.
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X