Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of color question...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] World of color question...

    How does the FP system work? I know you obtain a fp and after that I have no clue. I've never seen it. Is the wait long?

    Would the picnic thing worth it? Or dinning? Do you go from dinner directly to the show?


    http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops




  • #2
    Re: World of color question...

    I did the WOC dining package at the Wine Country Trattoria... After the meal, you get your tickets. You just show up to the "reserved" section at WOC (maybe about 20 minutes before the show) and the CM will tell you where to go. We had a great spot!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: World of color question...

      Originally posted by pushforth View Post
      I did the WOC dining package at the Wine Country Trattoria... After the meal, you get your tickets. You just show up to the "reserved" section at WOC (maybe about 20 minutes before the show) and the CM will tell you where to go. We had a great spot!
      I was looking at dining at the Winf country trattoria... How was the food? Any recommendations?


      http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: World of color question...

        FP is more like an admission ticket. You get your ticket in the morning and then about an hour before show time you can go into the viewing area and stand to wait for the show. Unless you plan on eating at one of the places with a ticket attached or really want the picnic meal save the money.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: World of color question...

          Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
          FP is more like an admission ticket. You get your ticket in the morning and then about an hour before show time you can go into the viewing area and stand to wait for the show. Unless you plan on eating at one of the places with a ticket attached or really want the picnic meal save the money.
          I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews about the picnic. What it really comes down to is, I don't want to wait an hour or so to watch the show. Just buying the picnic for a snackish type this would be ok just to get the ticket.

          Are the picnic tickets like dinning tickets? I've read that the dinning tickets (and i believe picnic tickets) are reserved seating so you just show up 20 minutes before the show?


          http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: World of color question...

            Basically the way the WOC FP works is you go to the FP area by the Grizzly River Run and you insert your ticket into the machine and it will give you a pass with the show time and a color on it. When you arrive at Paradise Pier for the show you find the section with the colored lights that match the color on your FP. Walk up to the Cast Member at that section, show them your FP, and pick a spot. It's a real simple process.

            If you skip the FP service you can either make a reservation at one of the restaurants offering a WOC package or you can try and get into one of the alternate viewing areas that don't require a FP.
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.











            Comment


            • #7
              Re: World of color question...

              Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
              I was looking at dining at the Winf country trattoria... How was the food? Any recommendations?
              I had the Filet Mignon! It was great Everyone was happy with what they got. No complaints... but then, we aren't professional food critics lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: World of color question...

                Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                What it really comes down to is, I don't want to wait an hour or so to watch the show... I've read that the dinning tickets (and i believe picnic tickets) are reserved seating so you just show up 20 minutes before the show?
                Not sure where you read that but regardless of how you get your ticket you will still need to get there early if you really want a good spot. I have only done the FP route but everything I have read is that you still have to get there 45 - 1 hour before show time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: World of color question...

                  Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                  I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews about the picnic. What it really comes down to is, I don't want to wait an hour or so to watch the show. Just buying the picnic for a snackish type this would be ok just to get the ticket.

                  Are the picnic tickets like dinning tickets? I've read that the dinning tickets (and i believe picnic tickets) are reserved seating so you just show up 20 minutes before the show?
                  no. Picnic tickets are just like the FP you get out of the machines by GRR.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: World of color question...

                    Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                    no. Picnic tickets are just like the FP you get out of the machines by GRR.
                    Sorry, I don't recall where I read it, but the person said it was for the dinning at Wine country trattoria... Or is that incorrect as well?


                    http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: World of color question...

                      CCR- CCR section viewing in the top two tiers to the west of the middle of Paradise Park.
                      WCT dinner - WCT viewing in the bottom two tiers to the east of the middle of Paradise Park.
                      WCT lunch - Blue explained below.
                      Pinics - Yellow explained below.

                      Free FPs distributed at
                      Blue, the area to the east of the middle or Paradise Pier.
                      Yellow, the area to the west of the middle of Pardise Park.


                      There is no longer red or green zones.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: World of color question...

                        So, a picnic doesn't even get you a reserved spot in yellow?


                        I think they planned the viewing area for WOC very poorly. Only the people who get a spot along a rail can see much of anything. We watched it twice on this trip and had tall people standing in front of us both times. I don't think we'll do it again unless we are early enough to get a rail spot.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: World of color question...

                          Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                          So, a picnic doesn't even get you a reserved spot in yellow?


                          I think they planned the viewing area for WOC very poorly. Only the people who get a spot along a rail can see much of anything. We watched it twice on this trip and had tall people standing in front of us both times. I don't think we'll do it again unless we are early enough to get a rail spot.
                          The picnic gets you a FP for yellow. That is the reservation. You need to get there early to get a good spot in the section.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: World of color question...

                            Yeah, that is what I'm surprised at. You don't get a special spot in Yellow even though you bought the overpriced picnic food.

                            Getting a fast pass for yellow used to be a good thing when there were 4 sections. Now that there are only 2, it isn't that special. I'm surprised that those who purchase picnics don't get more of a perk than that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: World of color question...

                              Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                              How does the FP system work? I know you obtain a fp and after that I have no clue. I've never seen it. Is the wait long?

                              Would the picnic thing worth it? Or dinning? Do you go from dinner directly to the show?

                              So it's just like getting any other FP . you walk up put ur ticket or pass in the machine and it spits out the ticket. then you come back at the time specified, it will tell you when you need to come back , usually it's like 20 to 30 min before show time becuase you line up in your color section as it is noted on your FP. The Wait for FP for WOC should not be long at all.]

                              Do you go directly from dinner to the show? nope..

                              picnic info World of Color Picnics | Dining & Restaurants | Disney California Adventure Park

                              dininig LUNCH AND DINNER info World of Color | Attractions | Disney California Adventure Park

                              ---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 04:30 PM ----------

                              Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                              Yeah, that is what I'm surprised at. You don't get a special spot in Yellow even though you bought the overpriced picnic food.

                              Getting a fast pass for yellow used to be a good thing when there were 4 sections. Now that there are only 2, it isn't that special. I'm surprised that those who purchase picnics don't get more of a perk than that.

                              IF you eat at CCT or WC for WOC then you get more perks. But that is the difference, the Picnics weren't suppose to be fancy



                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X