Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they not load attraction vehicles fully?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why do they not load attraction vehicles fully?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Why do they not load attraction vehicles fully?

Cast members can't count :blush:
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I would go with the reason of stuff happens
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

I know on RSR they meant to put single riders in with my family of four on at least one occasion, (the 75 minute queue) and on one time the riders held back and no CM push them in, in time. In the early mornings, all 5 times no single riders were avail.

Many times on BTRR and SM and Screamin', double seats were left empty regularly with long lines. I always thought it was weight distribution.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Sometimes it is weight distribution. I remember riding Small World one time and seeing the people in the boat in front of me sitting to one side of the boat, making it lean to that side the entire ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
            Sometimes it is weight distribution. I remember riding Small World one time and seeing the people in the boat in front of me sitting to one side of the boat, making it lean to that side the entire ride.
            This reminds me of the time that I rode Pirates and our boat was leaning so far to the right that it felt like it would almost sink. Water was trickling in from the back of the boat on the side it was leaning, where I was sitting. I'm sorry to say it was caused by someone on that side of the boat who was in the row right in front of me. I had to scoot to the far left just to keep away from the water coming in. This happened awhile ago so I always wondered how they distributed "weight" for boats on Pirates and Small World.

Ta Da!

Comment

customer service for one thing... most people don't like sitting next to strangers even tho it's expected of them

probably closely behind probably by simple loading efficiency. Loading 100% of the seats takes more time because of more people and less space to move around. By loading 'light', it's easier on the crews to maintain dispatches.

Followed by weight on certain rides.
              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Some attractions depend on the ride vehicles loading and unloading quickly (i.e. Space Mountain). They are unforgiving when it comes to groups of guests who tell CMs a smaller # for their party than they really have. Another thing that CMs do not put up with often on these attractions are guests who insist on re-configuring their party after they have been grouped so that it causes a big confusion come loading time, this happens a lot on Indy where a group of 5 gets split up into 4 and 1 and at the last second the row of 4 try to pull the fifth into their row although at Indy they'll just stop one side of vehicles rather than pull the whole party back and send an empty vehicle.

Some attractions have weight limit considerations like Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean. I remember asking for the front row on It's a Small World and the CM (politely) asked if we could sit in the middle instead to help balance the boat, on that same boat there were several empty rows even though there was a line behind us.

Some attractions the CMs have little control over grouping and guests on their own effort leave vehicles empty, Haunted Mansion is the prime example.
                Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Depends entirely on the attraction.

Comment

Space Mountain CMs will often leave a few seats empty if there are larger guests to avoid "going to the left".

Comment

A few weeks ago while waiting for BTMRR, we noticed the middle cars being sent out empty. We asked the CM and she said it had to do with weight. According to her, if the train is too overloaded, then it trips a safety mechanism and shuts down the ride. So by not loading the middle cars, they are preventing a ride shut-down.

Comment

In addition to this, it may be something with grouping where the grouper CM configures a party one way, but then they decide to do it another. In doing so they either leave a couple seats, or a vehicle empty, or use too many seats and too many vehicles, preventing another group from getting on that ride cycle.

There is also the possibility that there may be an issue with that vehicle/seat. Such as a maintenance issue which most likely won't be fixed until the park closes, or a quick custodial cleanup causing the vehicle to be empty for a couple of cycles.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X