This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Convert Tomorrowland into The Grid

replicate Tron city from Tron Legacy or Argon City from uprising. It would be amazing..

Re: Convert Tomorrowland into The Grid

it would be cool to see, however, i really like that tomorrowland still reflects "old disneyland" in a way. i feel like the lands in disneyland really incorporate some of walt's idea, and dca is used to portray more modern disney themes.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

No thanks. I'm definitely onboard TRON and/or Tron: Legacy attraction, but not for overhauling all of Tomorrowland. The land is not a forsaken cause-- it still has loads of potential.

Besides, if all of Tomorrowland were turned into "The Grid", how would two of Tomorrowland's most popular attractions, Space Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, connect to the theme? And I'm certain that this city of light would look beyond stunning once the sun sets, but how would all those buildings look during the day? I can't imagine them being nearly as convincing in the sunshine.

If Tron is brought into the park, let it be only a small part of a massive reimagined Tomorrowland that returns the area to an inspiring land that highlights the promise and discoveries of the future.
      Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 10-09-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I love TRON but not for a whole land. I would be all for a queue for a TRON attraction that made you feel like you were on the grid. Perhaps windows that were made of screens that projected the grid outside the window with lots of movement.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

I don't really care for Tron. I personally like Tomorrowland just the way it is except for Innoventions. They should make something new with that.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
          "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
          "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
            I love TRON but not for a whole land. I would be all for a queue for a TRON attraction that made you feel like you were on the grid. Perhaps windows that were made of screens that projected the grid outside the window with lots of movement.
            I've had the same idea with the windows. I think that a TRON and/or Tron: Legacy ride would deserve a fantastic queue that would immerse the guest into the Grid. It would be fun, if such an attraction is ever constructed, to have the entrance be a replica of Flynn's arcade in its abandoned state and have the guests enter the secret room behind the old TRON game. In the room they could be told of the mystery behind Flynn's dissapearance and the project that he was working on. Upon leaving the room, the guests could exist through an alternate door and find themselves in the world of the Grid. Obviously, this idea is closely interwined with the story of the more recent of the two films. Although, it would be fun to have an attraction that lies in the middle of the two, like some of the video games or the animated series Tron: Uprising, so although it's a familar world, guests could still experience a new story.

Comment

an indoor tron theme coaster like pony express down the street
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Tron is smart for an indoor attraction (one that probably belongs in Disney Quest in Florida) or a night party, but it'd look awful in the daytime. Tomorrowland does have a great bit of potential as previously said and I think repainting Redd's is the first step of many in revitalizing it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X