• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flynnibus
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2006

Re: The GardenWalk has been sold!

Originally posted by choco choco View Post
    Probably wouldn't be ideal. Plant life is a key component of the Disney Parks. Obviously you could get some gardens and small vegetation, but the gorgeous large trees that give Disneyland most of its character wouldn't survive, as their roots go down deep to the water table.

Waterways are also an issue, it isn't a good thing to build fake lakes and rivers on top of parking garages and stuff. Plus you'd be limited the weight of attractions / having to design them in certain places that bear it etc....it's all very difficult.
    All one needs to do is look at the Magic Kingdom in FL to understand your concerns are addressable with proper design.

As for weight.. take a look at any major skyscraper.. and figure out where their parking garages are Oh, and check out the stories from the 1993 bombing of the world trade center too...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• fifthrider
      Banned User
      • Oct 2008

(shrug) I have to admit, I was just idly thinking out loud. I hadn't really delved into the engineering of it a lot. I just figured "if they wanted it bad enough, someone could invent a way to do it." ( Like you said, the World Trace Center was built on one HELL of a sturdy base. )

...but yeah, I suppose you factor in lakes and waterways, seepage, concrete, nature taking it's toll, and we could have a real problem.

Still,... Disney himself did once imagine an EPCOT with an entire city built on top of underground freeways and parking lots. It's not like the idea's totally out of the possible, just kind of unlikely.

Comment

• swampymarsh
        Under that tree again!
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post

Regarding this street car plan it may have some other implications.

At the ARTIC station is where the source of riders would come from. This station would also be closer to the Angels Stadium that the stop on Gene Autry Way, which is not near any major rider source other than the Stadium.

The middle stop on Haster is near nothing, only a bus stop. The northern most stop between the Pumba lot and Garden Walk. The western stop near the TS lot entrance and Convention Center.

3rd gate is in fact planned for the Toy Story Parking lot. When or what is not formally planned. So with the streetrail stops and 3rd gate planned, where would you enter this park?

From the west or east where there are train stops? Or from the north, physically closest to the first two gates?

This plan is rather primary and only the Disney and ARTIC stations are integrated with other plans. So if you drop off disney guets north of Garden Walk and have a park to the south, wouldn't you want to own the cash registers they could opt to walk between in Gardenwalk?
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• JMazz
          Banned User
          • May 2012

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          wouldn't you want to own the cash registers they could opt to walk between in Gardenwalk?
          Yep. For sure. Which is why I think they have made the purchase already, or are planning to in an inside deal.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X