This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Holiday event at DTD coming soon

The ice rink sounds fun..even though there's another 1or2 yearly skate events near me :lol:
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Re: Holiday event at DTD coming soon

Well that should prove interesting! What will happen when it gets warm? I'm sure it won't reach low enough temps to keep ice frozen. Then again, I'm sure they will figure out a way to keep the ice frozen.

Sounds like fun though! I haven't ice skated since I was 15!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
      Well that should prove interesting! What will happen when it gets warm? I'm sure it won't reach low enough temps to keep ice frozen. Then again, I'm sure they will figure out a way to keep the ice frozen.
      There has been a seasonal ice rink at the Irvine Spectrum Center for years, with no problems with melting ice.

Comment

i would love to see and do this! especially once the village is set up. the only thing for me is that they say helmets and wrist guards are required to skate; i hope this is only for the kids.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
          There has been a seasonal ice rink at the Irvine Spectrum Center for years, with no problems with melting ice.
          Has there?! That is very cool. I'm from Inland Empire so I had no idea they did this. Well, I'm excited to see it.

Its funny because I went to my first hockey game last friday night. It was minor league hockey but still SUCH a fun sport to watch. Then I won the raffle at work for seats ON the ice for Saturday opening season game. My kid is so excited. But wow does it gets cold in that rink...I am bringing gloves, scarves and beanies for saturday! So I can understand that they will have ways to keep ice frozen.

Comment

Outdoor ice rinks are frozen from below (hence the crazy amount of tubing). With expected cold weather this year in Anaheim/OC/LA, an Ice Rink sounds great!

Comment

Will it be a real ice rink or one of those synthetic ice rinks? They had a synthetic one at a resort here in southern Arizona a couple years ago. It used wax or something.

Comment

I, personally, hate ice skating because I'm so terrible at it so constantly feel like I'm going to fall... but THIS would make me give it another shot! I hope I can make a trip out there while it's up!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                  Will it be a real ice rink or one of those synthetic ice rinks? They had a synthetic one at a resort here in southern Arizona a couple years ago. It used wax or something.
                  I LOL'd at the concept of a wax ice rink. That would be interesting to see.

Comment

Was wondering what they were setting up outside of the future Earl of Sandwich last weekend. Pretty cool (no pun intended)
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                      I LOL'd at the concept of a wax ice rink. That would be interesting to see.
                      Right? We had never heard of it before. Our daughter gave it a go and enjoyed herself but she did get some waxy/oily marks on her clothes. If you Google "synthetic ice rink" or "wax ice rink" you will see what I'm talking about.

I hope Disney gets real ice.

Comment

Any idea on how it's going to be run? Do you make reservations, wait in line, bum rush it? I wonder what the cost will be...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                        KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

We were told that it would be around until Feburary, the rink is small and it looks like it is real ice, they even have a zamboni.

Comment

They used to have ice skating at the Disneyland Hotel marina. It should be fine as long as there isn't a winter heat wave. We're actually supposed to have one of the wettest winters in recent history. Luckily the rink looks like it'll be covered.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
                              We were told that it would be around until Feburary, the rink is small and it looks like it is real ice, they even have a zamboni.

Looks pretty cool..can't wait to see this when it's completed
                              My Art site
                              http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X