• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second blue teacup
    replied
    Re: Fantasyland Rides

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
    Unless there has been a recent change, Storybook Land does not actually close during the fireworks, they just stop the boats. I have been on Casey Jr. during the fireworks and have seen them stop the boats in mid-ride, full of guests, to watch ths fireworks. Storybook Land does close, however, about an hour before any parade and not reopen until after the parade.
    I can vouch, I've been on Storybook Land when it stopped (trapped on a boat with a screaming child of an age where they should already have left for the day). In fairness, the loading crew warned everyone multiple times that the ride would stop if the fireworks started.

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Originally posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Teacups DO NOT close. I've ridden them many times during the fireworks..So yeah
    Originally posted by PiratePixie View Post
    Teacups do not close. I've worked them many times during the fireworks...So yeah
    Originally posted by roseyhuedpachyderm View Post
    SECONDED!

The only time the teacups closed for the fireworks was during the first year of "Halloween Screams" before they toned it down a little bit. Once they fixed the fallout issue they remained open just like with every other firework show.

Rides that are closed during fireworks: Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Alice, King Arthur Carrousel, and Toontown(which remains closed). Once the show starts Dumbo and Storybook close.

Small World will close depending on the wind direction.

Rides that remain open:Casey Jr., Tea Cups, and Matterhorn.
    BOOM! ROASTED!:

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
    The Tea Cups do close for the fireworks. Sometimes Small World would close for Remember in certain weather conditions after they started using that area for fireworks/projection viewing.

The rides reopen after they get the ok from the fire dept. Before the fireworks even start, the lines for Peter Pan and Mr Toad form while everyone is still waiting for those rides to reopen.
    I am coming in as a 4th source of confirmation that the tea cups DO NOT close as I have also worked that ride.

I would like to add that Remember isn't the only show that can close Small World. Anytime there are high winds or little to no winds is when Small World closes for fireworks, doesn't matter what show it is.

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
    i think that storybook and casey jr close to
    but the are in rehab
    Outside of refurb, Casey Jr. does not close, and Storybook Land remains open but stops all boat motion. You are more than welcome to enter the line and watch the fireworks, and when we resume operation you'll be able to board. It's very very very very very rare nowadays when Storybook Land closes for fireworks.

Leave a comment:

• MichellenMickeyM
    replied

I started to line up for Matterhorn one night last January, and was told Matterhorn closes for fireworks as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ron W
    replied

Unless there has been a recent change, Storybook Land does not actually close during the fireworks, they just stop the boats. I have been on Casey Jr. during the fireworks and have seen them stop the boats in mid-ride, full of guests, to watch ths fireworks. Storybook Land does close, however, about an hour before any parade and not reopen until after the parade.

Leave a comment:

• roseyhuedpachyderm
    replied

Teacups do not close. I've worked them many times during the fireworks...So yeah
    SECONDED!

The only time the teacups closed for the fireworks was during the first year of "Halloween Screams" before they toned it down a little bit. Once they fixed the fallout issue they remained open just like with every other firework show.

Rides that are closed during fireworks: Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Alice, King Arthur Carrousel, and Toontown(which remains closed). Once the show starts Dumbo and Storybook close.

Small World will close depending on the wind direction.

Rides that remain open:Casey Jr., Tea Cups, and Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• PiratePixie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• serviceelevator
    replied

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
    What is the point of closing Alice in Wonderland but not the Teacups? They are right next to each other.
    Fireworks are attached to the Building. Teacups aren't

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

What is the point of closing Alice in Wonderland but not the Teacups? They are right next to each other.

Leave a comment:

• serviceelevator
    replied

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
    The Tea Cups do close for the fireworks. Sometimes Small World would close for Remember in certain weather conditions after they started using that area for fireworks/projection viewing.

The rides reopen after they get the ok from the fire dept. Before the fireworks even start, the lines for Peter Pan and Mr Toad form while everyone is still waiting for those rides to reopen.
    Teacups DO NOT close. I've ridden them many times during the fireworks..So yeah

Leave a comment:

• Koutesu
    replied

Alice closes for fireworks. The only rides in Fantasyland that don't are Casey Jr., Teacups, Small World, and Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• PiratePixie
    replied

Alice closes for fireworks. The only rides in Fantasyland that don't are Casey Jr., Teacups, Small World, and Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• smartlabelprint
    replied

Well, I was looking on Mousewait and Alice was one of the rides closed before the park was closed. So I'm thinking some rides back there close early, I'll ask a CM when I get there.

Leave a comment:

• mratigan
    replied

i think that storybook and casey jr close to
    but the are in rehab

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Would that possibly be rides like Alice in Wonderland for example?

Not Alice because you enter from the outside. Snow White, Pinnochio, Peter Pan, Mr Toad and the Carousel close for fireworks.

Leave a comment:

• smartlabelprint
    replied

Would that possibly be rides like Alice in Wonderland for example?

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Did you happen to be back there around when the fireworks are going off? The rides within the Castle Walls close for the fireworks, but reopen after the area is cleared to reopen.

Leave a comment:

• smartlabelprint
    started a topic [Question] Fantasyland Rides

Fantasyland Rides

It seems like some Fantasyland rides close before the park closes. Are there standard rides and times this occurs? TIA

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X