This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Adventure is Out There! Mickey's Hallowen Party 10/15

Well now! THAT was an adventure! The BF and I have been AP's for about 3 years now and decided to take the dive and shell out the extra money to attend the Halloween Party. It was a whirlwind getting there. We both worked 6am-1pm, napped, overslept, put on the finishing touches on our costumes, got in the car, broke my glasses, super glued my glasses, got in the car, got a burger and headed to Dland!

The party started at 6, and we arrived about 20 minutes early. Walking through the parking structure we got a preview of what was to come. The pointing, the laughing, the whispers behind out backs. Screams and shouts of assorted bird/dog/chewbaca noises and mis-quotes. Oh dear baby Jebus... what have we gotten ourselves into.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0975.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	7369845
    a whole lot of tiring fun and crowds that's what!!

So we arrived with a mission: screw the rides. Get candy and photo-ops!! We were worried that the 5 hour party would be too long and we would run out of things to do. Our final thought: Where did all the time go!?

Meet and Greets:

-We visited Peter Pan and Wendy who were funny and darling. Peter told us that wilderness explores were shoe ins for lost boys and that we should join his team. He also instructed us to get plenty of candy for the snipe. Oh yes we did. They then joined us for a "Caw Caw RAWR!" photo and we were off.

Name:	DSC04655.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	7369852

-Aladdin and Jasmine: we were third in line then they left us.
    -Genie! He appeared after a quick ride on the jungle cruise. He was funny. Also joined us in a Caw Caw RAWR, but all silently of course.

Name:	DSC04663.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	7369853

-Perry: Perry was funny as well. Did a silent Caw Caw RAWR, got our photo and were on our way!

Name:	DSC04667.jpg
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	7369854

Disney Villans at the hub: a couple hours into the party we found the hub EMPTY! You could breathe and the lines were not long we saw:
    -Dr. Facilitator (sp?) Really funny, I love this character and his outfit. So creepy but in a good way.

Name:	DSC04674.jpg
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	7369851

-The Evil Queen: she was totally impressed and broke character a little bit. when we told her we made them ourselves she advised me to call next time. Snow White apparently is a quick and effective worker. haha!
    -Maleficent: Did not break character. She was a hoot!

Name:	DSC04689.jpg
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	7369850

-JAFAR WAS A G! we walked up, and he did all the hand motions for "A wilderness explorer is a friend to all be it [...] or tiny mole. CAW CAW RAWR" he was spot on. it was amazing. the CMs were cracking up and so were we. AHH!

Name:	IMAG0976.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7369846

-That evil dude from Hunchback: evil and scary....erm yup.

Name:	DSC04676.jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	7369849

we skipped the princesses (you can do that any day), Jack and sally (they are out usually), Halloween Mickey and Minnie (eh its just mickey) the critter country meet (it was too crowded to make our way over there anyways). And I am glad we did, because the lines were 'like forever' and not worth it. But everything else was.

TREAT TRAILS
    -FREE CHEAP CANDY YAY! the Kevin backpack was a couple pounds heavier by the end of the night.
    -We wandered into some early, and the CMs were AWESOME. They were funny and had plenty of compliments and were very generous with the candy.
    -By the end of the night however, CMs weren't even looking up at you! they were in their own world handing out measly amounts of candy. Some would give us our candy, then look up as we were walking away and go KEVIN! The bad ones made up for all the good ones.

THE CMs
    -I love the outfits the CMs have. Cute and festive.
    - At least 10 CMs gave us the award for "BEST COSTUME EVER!" some even announced that everyone should go home now, because it was over we won... oh how our egos grew in those few hours!
    -An off duty CM gave me a hug.
    -A disneyland security officer asked for a photo saying "Oh my! I have to show this to my higher ups in the morning!"
    -An imagineer with his family said "I have worked for this company for a long while, and I see a lot of things, but THAT is great. good job."
    -The Jungle Cruise Captain was not amused by a snipe and adventurers boarding his boat...AT ALL.
    -The CMs were everywhere, and for the most part friendly (except the late night candy hoarders)
    -Some of the male CMs would get rowdy and shout out KEVIN!! more so than the guests!

THE ENVIRONMENT
    -The projections and lighting on main street was cool.
    -The fog and lights on the Rivers of American were AMAZING!
    -The music was hit or miss. For the amount of tickets they sell and the money they make, you would think they would get a better more disney medley of Halloween music going on. Some of the songs made me feel like I was at Knott's.
    -The dance parties were EH.

Name:	DSC04697.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	7369848

THE ENTERTAINMENT
    -SO the big push to go this year was because I wanted to see the fireworks. I saw them once before they went exclusive for the Halloween Party. The fireworks show was eh. (there was a huge mickey balloon blocking the middle of them the entire time). I felt that the soundtrack to the show was not as strong as it can be.
    -The Parade-ish-thing. Its like a parade but not? I dont know. Im glad we didn't wait for it.
    -Overall these 'extras' aren't worth the ticket price in my opinion.

THE CROWDS & COSTUMES
    -If you are looking for an exclusive feel, this is not the party for you. Having gone to the Soundsational Event last year, I was expecting something along those lines.... nope.
    -It was as crowded as a usual disney day. New Orleans square was a goat rodeo for a majority of the night.
    - THE RULES SAY NOT PHOTOS! If youre dressed as a disney character you cant take photos with other people but boy did they ask! and I cant say no.. so I would. People were generally really nice about it and I was happy to do so, but it became uncomfortable when 3 people in a row would ask. ehhh. -____-;
    -Seeing people in costumes was awesome tho. There were plenty of princesses big and small. Saw the character from Atlantis that was sweet! An awesome family as Bert and Mary Poppins and penguins stole my heart. It was fun.
    - DONT GO AS SOMETHING AWESOME UNLESS YOU WANT THE ATTENTION!!1! we were not expecting so much attention. I was expecting some thumbs up, but being Hollered at from across the street or being interviewed while standing in lines is not what I expected. I felt like I could be Lovey with my BF for fear that people would be watching. But I was willingly walking around with a giant bird head over me so i can't complain much.
    -We met carl and ellie! yay!! they were terribly adorable.

Name:	DSC04641.jpg
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	7369855

FINAL THOUGHTS
    -My BF "I feel like a celebrity. Is this what celebrities feel like? OMG This sucks, I wouldn't be able to handle it."
    -My BF Later "I feel that at this point I should tell people 'thank you' when they just look at us, because i know they are complementing us in their heads." (I laughed SO HARD)
    - We felt like we didnt have enough time to do EVERYTHING. It was a fun experience tho.
    -Would I go again.. EH. I feel the Price ontop of already having an AP isnt worth the bucks. If I didn't have an AP then I think it is a good deal, you are allowed to enter the parks 4 hours early and stay for the 5 hour party? Its a pretty good deal!
    -Somethings felt a wee bit cheap and not as 'exclusive' as I would have thought a ticketed event like this would be.
    -Next time I am laying low with the costumes! Maybe then I can see it through a different lens.
    -It was FUN! yay!
    -Next time, I will bring a decent camera..

Name:	DSC04684.jpg
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	7369856
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MochaCat; 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM.

Re: Adventure is Out There! Mickey's Hallowen Party 10/15

GREAT report and pics! Thank you for sharing with us.
    disney lady

Comment

How did I NOT see you? Your costumes look fabulous and I'm glad you had a good time!

Comment

Great report and awesome pictures!!!

I'm a little disappointed they don't do the "Boo to You" parade at Disneyland like they do at MNSSHP in FL. It's without a doubt a highlight of the night and the soundtrack is great!!!

Comment

I was at disneyland yesterday . but i got out before disneyland shut down for the halloween party.

Comment

nice trip report thanks

Comment

great trip report and great costumes

Comment

really great costumes (as if you needed to hear that one more time) and a really nice break down of the pros and cons for those of us debating whether or not to ever spring the cost of the party. thanks!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

hehe! Thank you all for the nice comments! I have been on a sugar rush since! what do I do with all this candy?!

Comment

Very cool pics and a great story. I'm glad you had such a good time.

I've spent the last 10 years going to comic conventions with friends in various costumed groups and understand exactly what you mean about the attention. It all seems fun for about 15 minutes and then after that it's a royal pain in the ***. Your comments about people shouting across the way to you to ask for an interview pretty much summed it up, not to mention ( like you said ) there's no chance you and your b/f can have a private moment with everyone staring at you and cameras going. I completely understand why celebrities punch the paparazzi.

Comment

your costumes are seriously awesome lol

Comment

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                        Very cool pics and a great story. I'm glad you had such a good time.

I've spent the last 10 years going to comic conventions with friends in various costumed groups and understand exactly what you mean about the attention. It all seems fun for about 15 minutes and then after that it's a royal pain in the ***. Your comments about people shouting across the way to you to ask for an interview pretty much summed it up, not to mention ( like you said ) there's no chance you and your b/f can have a private moment with everyone staring at you and cameras going. I completely understand why celebrities punch the paparazzi.
                        haha! i have a new respect for cosplayers!

thanx all!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X