Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recently single... have no idea how to enjoy the park on my own.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] recently single... have no idea how to enjoy the park on my own.

How do single guys and girls enjoy the parks? What are little fun things to do one might of forgotten about that haven't been single for years?

Re: recently single... have no idea how to enjoy the park on my own.

Originally posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    How do single guys and girls enjoy the parks? What are little fun things to do one might of forgotten about that haven't been single for years?
    I imagine the answer is as varied as there are people. What ever types of things interest you personally will determine what you enjoy in the parks. If there were certain shows or attractions you enjoyed before, was only because your partner enjoyed them? If yes, I am so sorry. If no, then those same things are bound to still be enjoyable now that you are on your own.

Comment

Single rider lines lol but really When I broke up with my gf I wouldgo to the parks and just ppl watch, take my time and explore the park and even do a mice chat meet up.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandkitty View Post
        I go grab a bite to eat and treat myself to a cocktail at the park. then go to Mad T party and dance it out and have a long island ice tea and just enjoy the nightlife as a single person and believe me it's sometimes better alone cause then you don't have to have someone nag you about going on a ride when you don't want too and you can just enjoy the things you want to do

Comment

When I go alone I pretty much do the same thing except I can do it at my own pace. This usually consists of taking many many pictures.
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

Go with friends and whisper to each other who you think is attractive. That works for me.

Comment

just practice your game... disneyland isn't all married couples

Comment

I am sorry to hear that your relationship did not work out. I hope you doing ok with that. I am newly single as well and thoroughly heartbroken. But anyway, I think DL is a great place to go solo! Single rider lines are always quick no matter how chaotically busy the place is. Plus you set your own pace. I suggest you simply do the things you want to do when you want to do them. I feel self conscious eating in restaurants alone so you may want to avoid them if you do as well. Fill your backpack with some healthy snacks as an alternative. I think you will have fun!

Comment

I'm not single however I do go by my self to the resort a lot of the time. As stated the single rider lane is your friend. There are many different things to do, from people watching (pick a nice bench at the hub and you can have hours of entertainment) from just walking around and enjoying the park. Nobody will judge you there for being alone and you can always turn around and talk to the person next to you I've made quite a few friends that way. I've also given tourists a tour guide on several of my hyper days. I've eaten at some of the nicer places in side the park and on property by my self nobody there bats and eye about it if that's what you are worried about.

just have fun and enjoy your self.

Comment

I have always been single, Disneyland is still fun for me. I usually got to Disneyland with family/ friends, but I honestly have just as much fun by myself. I have spent a few days at WDW by myself all day, it can be a blast. When you are solo, you go where ever, you do whatever, you talk to who ever, you eat whatever, you ride whatever, you do anything and everything you want. No wasted time talking to each other about what to do next. You don't have to force someone else to go on a ride with you. You don't have to hurry up eating. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. It's pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie.
                    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

I'm single and plan to stay that way--and although I've gone to DLR with friends, I usually go alone. I prefer it that way.

When you go alone you really have the freedom to do what you want, when you want. If you want to ride the same attraction three times, or sit and relax on a bench for an hour, or see the fireworks, or skip them, or whatever...you can do it. As others have said, there are plenty of people at the parks by themselves. It's fun!
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Have fun
                        do single rider
                        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I've been alone to Disneyland twice, once just to take photos and once for a Star Tours AP preview day. I wouldn't recommend it. Even riding alone on the bus from the Toy Story parking lot to meet other people feels strange to me, but as you can see
                          <----- over there somewhere
                          I am frightfully sensitive.

I will say that I never take many pictures at Disneyland when I'm with other people so going alone for a photo safari was worthwhile. If you're a photographer, Instragrammer, lomographer, videographer or otherwise inclined, going alone is a good opportunity to experiment artistically.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                            Single rider lines lol but really When I broke up with my gf I wouldgo to the parks and just ppl watch, take my time and explore the park and even do a mice chat meet up.
                            My favorite past time, sitting on a bench, eating a Mickey shaped pretzel, people watching

Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                            I go grab a bite to eat and treat myself to a cocktail at the park. then go to Mad T party and dance it out and have a long island ice tea and just enjoy the nightlife as a single person and believe me it's sometimes better alone cause then you don't have to have someone nag you about going on a ride when you don't want too and you can just enjoy the things you want to do
                            I agree with the bolded. When I've gone without my kid, I can do what I want and not what he wants. He usually wants to stand in lines for big rides, chickens out and then we leave the line. That has been a multiple occurence lately, but I give him kudos for trying. He'll get on Space Mountain some day. I go with the flow when I'm with him.

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                            When I go alone I pretty much do the same thing except I can do it at my own pace. This usually consists of taking many many pictures.
                            True for me to...I remember I used to go alot with a relative and I would bring my camera. I knew that bringing my camera when I was this said relative was over when said relative asked, "why do you always have to bring your camera?". Uh, its called a Hobby, I take Photography. Meh, to each their own.

Originally posted by phantasmic View Post
                            just practice your game... disneyland isn't all married couples
                            hmmm.., I don't know! Lately, all I see is couples holding hands and snuggling in lines. But then again, after being single for almost 10 years...it's starting to really stick out for me.

Ta Da!

Comment

Go alone! Explore!!! Going by yourself is one of the best things you can do. You can slow down, take your time, check out some tiny details, study the architecture. There are so many things to do! If its the first time by yourself, it might feel a little weird, but trust me it gets better! I go by myself more than ever now, and I love it!
                              Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                                Have fun
                                do single rider
                                Best advice yet.

I can only tell you what NOT to do. Don't hit on the princesses and ask them "So, what'cha doin' after work today?" because they will gouge you in your eyes with their thumbs, and it will be "a whole new world" of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                                  I can only tell you what NOT to do. Don't hit on the princesses and ask them "So, what'cha doin' after work today?" because they will gouge you in your eyes with their thumbs, and it will be "a whole new world" of pain.
                                  Personal Experience??!
                                  :lol::lol::lol:

Ta Da!

Comment

I'm happily married and have tried on a few occasions to go to the parks solo...it rarely works for me. Part of the fun I have is experiencing it with my wife and/or daughters. That being said, there are clearly lots of boards like micechat to meet up with other singles or groups that are in the same boat.

Bottom line, try it solo a few times and see if it works for you. May, may not but you don't know until you try.

Comment

In the parks alone? Do the things you've never done before! Do the exhibits and walk throughs. Stop and smell the roses. Take pictures. Have a drink at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar.... for hours.

That's what I do.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                                        Have fun
                                        do single rider
                                        hey ur signature is fab, who made it lol single rider, best line ever!!

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                        Go with friends and whisper to each other who you think is attractive. That works for me.

classy...lol

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X