This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Retro theme?

Driving home last night I had an idea (which has probably already been brought up before) but here goes nothing...

What would you think if DLR took one month out of the year and did a total retro theme to a certain era of Disneyland. They could have an on-line voting system the year before and whichever era wins Disneyland will deck out the park to reflect it. Bring back old music and themes, old CM costumes, even the large plastic umbrellas at the dining facilities! I know it wouldn't be EXACTLY the way it was in whatever era is chosen but it would be pretty cool to kind of get a peek into what it was like, or even just bring back old memories to the young at heart that remember Disneyland the way it used to be.

Just an idea, your thoughts?
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Re: Retro theme?

I like it!

Comment

I think that could be cool! A throwback type situation!

Comment

Golden Horseshoe Revue is coming back for a month sometime next year.
        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
        sigpic
        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
          Golden Horseshoe Revue is coming back for a month sometime next year.
          That's right! maybe that's how the idea subbliminally got put in my brain!

sigpic

Comment

There would be way too much stuff to take out to convert to any reasonable retro theme. Nice idea though...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
              There would be way too much stuff to take out to convert to any reasonable retro theme. Nice idea though...
              That was my other thought as well, which is why I figured to make it a month long so it could at least somewhat justify the amount of change that would need to go into it.

sigpic

Comment

Things go into the past because they failed and were replaced. Why bring back failures?

I wouldn't mind if they bring costumes back, it could be fun and simple to do for special AP events.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  Things go into the past because they failed and were replaced. Why bring back failures?
                  Not always. I can name several things that were replaced that were lightyears above the things that replaced them.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

^ let me think
                    Horizons
                    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X