This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] New Iron Man Thrill Ride

With nthe new Iron Man opening up were inoventens is now what do you guys think the ride will be like. Will it be like a rollercoaster like space mountain. Or like a transformer ride at universal or something different.

Re: New Iron Man Thrill Ride

Originally posted by WoC 95 View Post
    With nthe new Iron Man opening up were inoventens is now what do you guys think the ride will be like. Will it be like a rollercoaster like space mountain. Or like a transformer ride at universal or something different.
    I am hoping for something different. What though I have no idea
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

I'm honestly thinking it will be something like Star Tours. Yet another TV screen attraction in 3D.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I think the ride is going to end up as a pencil sketch on someone's drawing board only.

Because ... so far ... this is just a rumor .. that could end up going nowhere ... like Tron, like Oz Land, .... and TL:2055 .... and Westcot ..... and Discoveryland ...and Mary Poppins .... and .... and ......................................

But if I had to take a guess ............. It will have LOADS of monitors and other projection screens (Tom Fitzgerald .. apparently LOVES them! )
        Tony Stark/Ironman's image ... used heavily ... across the entrance facade .. and prominent throughout the entire ride .. and revolve around some present day scenario .. like all Marvel/Iron Man situations do. Beat up the bad guys ........ save the day ... just as you go through a "something goes terribly wrong scenario".
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Theres a 20 page thread on this..

Comment

Originally posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
            Theres a 20 page thread on this..
            No, there's a 20 page thread on if this should be in Tomorrowland at all. This one is specifically about what it will be when they build it.

I for one am hoping for something like Pirates or Radiator Springs Racers.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

i think it will be a mix of live sets and screens. if so, i'd hope they rely on the sets more than the screens, unlike Transformers where you see little things here and there and mostly screens. as for the vehicle... *shrugs* i hope it's a new vehicle and not an EMV. i imagine something that would make you feel as if you're flying since IT IS Iron Man.

Comment

I think it will be a soarin' type ride with spherical screen that will simulates flight through a variety of atmospheres, night city, coast, and like that.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post

This! Only hoping for much more Pirates than Radiator Springs Racers.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                    This! Only hoping for much more Pirates than Radiator Springs Racers.
                    It's a small space. Don't expect attractions like those.

Comment

Originally posted by DLFan1995 View Post
                      It's a small space. Don't expect attractions like those.
                      Actually, the Innoventions building is roughly the same size as the main show building for Pirates. Even if the ride is shorter, there is no reason they couldn't bring that level of detail to it.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I'm hoping for a ride like Spider Man at Islands of Adventure/Transformers at Universal. They look like a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by fearmeloveme View Post
                          I'm hoping for a ride like Spider Man at Islands of Adventure/Transformers at Universal . . .
                          Yo tambien!

In fact I want the experienced pros at Universal who made Spiderman, Harry Potter, and Transformers to make this attraction. And I want a Hulk cameo.

I'd love a changing pre-show with Tony Stark and (David/Bruce) Banner where they actually teach science to Stark Expo guests in entertaining ways. This would celebrate and update the
                          spirit of both Walt's original Tomorrowland and the didactic yet fun Innerspace.
                          Last edited by jcruise86; 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking combination of Epcot's Mission Mars w/ animatronic & projection Iron Man in it. The front (i.e. queue) will be Stark Expo and while you're in a on-ground demo of a space plane, when "something goes wrong" and you go up in it to battle the bad guys with Iron Man.

I'm not enamored with the idea of Marvel in DL (I don't conceptually like Indy or ST2 either in DL) and I really don't like building rides on existing movies too much either, but like Nemo (like the ride btw, but hate its location in TL) w/ subs, I'll take it if it'll bring a re-vitalization of TL.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                              No, there's a 20 page thread on if this should be in Tomorrowland at all. This one is specifically about what it will be when they build it.

RSR cost over $200 million, not gonna happen....

Comment

i was REALLY hoping for a Tron Coaster or ride... like light cycles... I hope it's not another 3D ride experience like Star Tours

Comment

What would pre-Cars Land WDI do? Stark Expo replaces Innoventions with a COP style show followed by a meet and greet and leave the upstairs basically the same. What will post WDI do? No idea. They seem like they finally understand (and more importantly TDA finally understands) that quality attractions make success; cheap gimmick rides and meet and greets do not. Will this trend of improved quality continue? I tend to think so but I have thought that before and turned out to be wrong. Also will the trend of over the top (and unnecessary) character emphasis continue? I assume that with this Iron Man ride we will see a Tomorrowland reboot, will this mean more character meet and greets and other nonsense? Will we finally see more theme appropriate emphasis? Also will a Iron Man ride include an over the top Tony Stark presence or will it be about the technology?
                                  Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
                                    i was REALLY hoping for a Tron Coaster or ride... like light cycles... I hope it's not another 3D ride experience like Star Tours
                                    I hope it is a ride system other than a coaster since Space Mountain is so close. Hopefully it will be some out of the box thinking on Disney's part and it will be a revolutionary new ride system.

Comment

Maybe trackless?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                        Maybe trackless?
                                        That would be cool. Another thought would be that if it has to be a coaster, maybe they could use a mag-lev system so it is frictionless and much smoother to give the illusion of flight.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X