Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When in Nov. will they start to enforce no late return FP policy?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When in Nov. will they start to enforce no late return FP policy?

"Extra signage and as much communication as possible will be used to try and get the word out at Disneyland and DCA, but the goal is to roll this out by Thanksgiving and then end the grace period of bending the rules by this Christmas."

- From Al Lutz's blog dated October 16

Do any CM's out there know when this policy will start being enforced? I am planning a trip for the weekend of November 17-18, and was wondering if there is anyone who knows when the "extra signage and as much communication as possible" will be put into effect to let guests know that they can no longer use FPs after the window of time on their ticket expires. Does anyone think this means they will start enforcing return times prior to Thanksgiving?

If someone happens to know a bit more about when CMs will start enforcing the FP return window it would help me out with my planning. Thanks!

Re: When in Nov. will they start to enforce no late return FP policy?

im no cast member but i thiink right before than so they can get the cast members can get a hange of it
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Thanks!

Yes, I'm thinking that if they are posting signs and asking CMs to change their procedure, then there must be some sort of advanced preparation that would happen.

I'm hoping the new policy won't be in effect yet on November 17 and 18. If anyone happens to know one way or another, that would be really helpful information. : )

Comment

I thought the article said by thanksgiving... So there may be signs up by the 17th. =( I'm hoping for the same thing in regards to transition as I'm coming the first part of Nov.

Comment

Al's articles are all rumors. More often than not, what he says comes to pass, but not always on the timelines provided. If the timelines he'd predicted earlier this year had come true, BTMRR and Alice in Wonderland would both be down for refurbishment right now (in fact, Alice may have been DONE with its refurbishment). Plans change, and sources aren't always completely right anyway.

So we have no way to know when this will happen. But if you take the quote as absolute truth, it sounds like ENFORCEMENT won't kick in until right before Christmas, and the signs may not even come until Thanksgiving.

We'll have a much better idea when the signs and announcements start. Didn't WDW even provide a hard date that enforcement of the new policy would start, or am I remembering wrong?
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Predating Al's article I've heard we will get announcements in early December so it may happen mid or late December. However because of crowd patterns and trying not to upset a lot of people I would guess the education would start earlier or later.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X