X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Secret of Wings Ice Rink.. Soft Opens Today

They are ready and open.
    Nobody was skating, but they said that later today they will open.

Re: Secret of Wings Ice Rink.. Soft Opens Today

Wow. You can go skate at the rink in Anaheim (well, there are two--KHS and the big one, whose name I forget, as I never went there) for much cheaper!

I'm tempted to bring my skates tomorrow when we go.

Comment

thanks for the news
      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Thanks for the news and the photos, it looks great.

Comment

Thanks for news and taking a photo of prices! Now I know how much I will need to skate with my son!

Ta Da!

Comment

Is it real ice or that plastic stuff that you can skate on?
            L + L = R

Comment

Big L-O-L on the pricing.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

Real Ice....

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. I find that schedule terribly confusing. It should tell the start times of each 60-minute session rather than the starting and ending times of each day. The math doesn't work out to match the schedule, either. 60 minutes of skating followed by 15-minute resurfacing would mean a session would begin at 9:00 pm if the first session is at 11:00 am, but this seems to suggest the last session begins at 9:30. Maybe there's a big clock that will countdown until the next session to help clear things up.

Comment

Helmets? Double bladed skates? Disney's really covering themselves on this one.

Comment

I'll need a helmet and a pillow.... I'm terrible at ice skating,but I want to do it when I go back next month!
                      I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Here is a short video....
                        Link: Skating at Secret of Wings Rink at Downtown Disneyland - YouTube

Most skaters had never skated before. They give limited instruction and assistance.
                        The kids mostly slowly went around holding on to the side. The double skates helped a lot. Everyone had to ware a helmet.

This little girl had never skated before. After about 30 minutes she could skate 15 - 20' on her own, and fell down several times. She was very proud and happy at the end. You can see her in the video against the back wall when she had just started.

However, everyone had a huge smile and was having fun!

Comment

I like this idea, but why put an ugly canopy over it. I live in Rhode Island, and obviously, we have much worse weather that you Southern Californians do. We have a lovely outdoor rink walking distance from my apartment in downtown Providence, and it is uncovered. If it does not need to be covered here, then in Southern Cali, there is certainly no need.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

SWEET....I'm doing this next month! :yea:thanks for posting this!
                            I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                              I like this idea, but why put an ugly canopy over it. I live in Rhode Island, and obviously, we have much worse weather that you Southern Californians do. We have a lovely outdoor rink walking distance from my apartment in downtown Providence, and it is uncovered. If it does not need to be covered here, then in Southern Cali, there is certainly no need.
                              I think you answered your own question. It was 86 degrees in Anaheim today. Direct sunlight on an ice rink would not be conducive to good skating. That's my guess anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                Helmets? Double bladed skates? Disney's really covering themselves on this one.
                                Yep. Because no one wants a concussion at the happiest place on earth.
                                Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkILIS View Post
                                  I think you answered your own question. It was 86 degrees in Anaheim today. Direct sunlight on an ice rink would not be conducive to good skating. That's my guess anyway.
                                  Oh of course. I didn't even think of that.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                  An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

What's that awful music they are playing? I thought they would use music from the Tinkerbell movies or Disney movies or even some Holiday music during November and December. I love the idea of a skate rink at DLR but I'm disappointed in the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                                      What's that awful music they are playing? I thought they would use music from the Tinkerbell movies or Disney movies or even some Holiday music during November and December. I love the idea of a skate rink at DLR but I'm disappointed in the music.
                                      That was "Feel So Close" by Calvin Harris. Pretty standard Top 20 Radio Disney stuff.

Comment

The whole set up looks rather mediocre. No?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X