Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

There is another thread. . .

(Link: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ime-magic.html )

. . . where you can discuss all aspects of this promotion,
    but for this poll we merely ask, do you like its name?
    No
    81.36%
    Yes
    7.63%
    My cat's breath smells like catfood!
    4.24%
    Like Switzerland, I shall remain neutral.
    6.78%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by jcruise86; 10-19-2012, 05:25 PM.

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

Yes I can't wait to see what they have in store for the upcoming year!
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Re: Do you like "Limited Time Magic" as the name for Disneyland's 2013 marketing?

They could have called it "Ephemeral Magic", but how many people in the general public know what "ephemeral" means?

Comment

Absolutely Awful! I can't believe that even got a green light.

Comment

I get WHY it is named what it is, BUT I don't want to think of my Disney magic being limited time only offer. You know what I mean?

Comment

Limited Time Magic as in limited time only. Meaning it runs for a short time.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
            Save
            Sav

Comment

Over new Disneyland loudspeakers,
              "Attention Disneyland shoppers:
              There is a sale now for a limited time. Ten % off all plastic crap.
              For your convenience, the same merchandise is available in every store in the park.
              Again, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME offer!"

OK, it hasn't come to that yet,
              but this reminds me of Paul Pressler's taking away the Main Street Electrical Parade.
              Ads stated something like, "See it before it goes away forever!"

"Limited time magic" implies that Disneyland won't be magical when these limited time events end.

Thanks TDA/Disney Parks marketing for finally coming up with something that virtually every Micechatter can agree on. This is worse than 90% of prom theme titles. Seriously, who came up with this, who agreed it was good, and who signed off on this? As a Disney shareholder, I nominate the Queen of Hearts to serve on Disney's Board of Directors and head an ad hoc committee to investigate an report back on everyone who promoted the name of this campaign.
              Last edited by jcruise86; 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Limited and magic don't sound good together when talking about Disney. If I'm going to a park "where the magic happens" I expect to find it, not be told sorry it just left or we just ran out. I've been scratching my head since I read about it the other day. Seriously I think the name should be changed to an extent that the person who came up with that should be considered for a different job.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                  Seriously, who came up with this, who agreed it was good, and who signed off on this? As a Disney shareholder, I nominate the Queen of Hearts to serve on Disney's Board of Directors and head an ad hoc committee to investigate an report back on everyone who promoted this name of this campaign.
                  You can be assured that any promotion Disney announces to the public has been approved at a high level of TDA management.

"Limited Time Magic" isn't the result of someone screwing up. It's a symptom of how Disney's marketing-driven management thinks.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

It actually makes me feel kind of angry...
                    L + L = R

Comment

The implication is Disney magic is only offered for a limited time, and not all the time. Kinda goes against what they've been saying since 1955. Not a good name for a promotion. I really hope it backfires.

They should have called it something like "Special Surprise Magic" implying they are offering special surprises that crop up from time to time. A name like this would imply that the magic is always there, but just new things are offered sometimes, too.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Stupid stupid name. But at the same time, what else would they call it and still convey the message that the offerings are temporary and special? I seriously have no idea.
                        In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Yeah, using the word Limited was a really bad idea. It sounds negative.

A Year of Magical Surprises would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                            Yeah, using the word Limited was a really bad idea. It sounds negative.

A Year of Magical Surprises would have been better.
                            I'm with you on "limited," but "surprises" doesn't really fit if (Hopefully!) we know when our favorite events are coming. I don't want the Golden Horseshoe Review to be a surprise; I want to plan ahead and make certain I see that at least twice.

I'd prefer a slogan-free year, unless "The Happiest Place on Earth!" isn't too ostentatiously & frequently used. Assume that "Disneyland" is enough of a draw and that a slogan is unnecessary. Then have special events or little touches that are a day, a week or a month long. Post this schedule in advance online.

It's not like Disneyland and Walt Disney World guests eagerly await the marketing department's nondescript slogan each year.
                            Four Seasons hotels don't need slogans. And "Disneyland" too is enough if Disney is striving for 5-star quality.

Disneyland

Beautiful word all by itself.

Let half of Disney's marketeers find more useful work, and if they are under contract, let them finish out their contracts as park sweepers or stationed at small information booths like the ones they had at Universal Hollywood last summer. Then they could actually improve the parks.

Do keep & promote those responsible for the month of the Golden Horseshoe Revue!
                            Last edited by jcruise86; 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Comment

I agree with the suggestion of A Year of Magical Surprises!

"Limited Time Magic" makes it sound like an infomercial pitch.
                                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I think it should be changed slightly.....truth in advertising.......

"Limited Magic"; meaning that the once prevalent magic of DL has been overshadowed by corporate greed resulting is gross overcrowding of the parks thus reducing a once pleasurable experience to something more akin to cattle in a feedlot.

Sorry for the rant, but in my mind, the magic of Disney has been diminishing somewhat rapidly over the past few years, mainly due to huge crowds and other assorted corporate ploys aimed solely at increasing profit at any expense.

Comment

no sounds way too rushed for me

Comment

Love the idea - hate the name - They should have called it something less negative - magic when associated with the Disney name should be thought of as limitless.
                                      ___________________________________________

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                                      ____________________________________________

Comment

Funny! :cgrin:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X