Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st at Christmas any tips/must see/do welcome!!! :)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st at Christmas any tips/must see/do welcome!!!

Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    i've heard it called "snoap" before due to the fact that's it's made out of the same foaming ingredients of liquid soap. however, the difference between the two is that when the "snow" comes out of the machines, it loses most of it's liquid properties and is mostly air, and is able to fly like snow. the benefit to that is that it doesn't become slippery when it hits the ground, but unfortunately it still tastes like soap if you try to catch it in your mouth. it's non-toxic, but still not a pleasant taste.
    Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
    It's a nice sprinkling. It's pretty magical with the song that is played while it's snowing.
    Thanks for the confirmation/information.

Comment

Snoap! That's funny!

So no snowball fights, huh?

Do they do anything different on the POTC?

Comment

Originally posted by Kangel View Post
        Do they do anything different on the POTC?
        Are you thinking of Small World and Haunted Mansion which both have seasonal layovers?
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I was just wondering if POTC had layovers too.... but I see it's Small World and the Mansion. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
            They don't mind visitors. Hard to tell guest and visitors apart. Buy a nice drink from the bar, sit by the fireplace and enjoy.
            They also have carolers in the lobby by the tree. We never miss it. Ask the concierge for the performance times.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how wonderful!!!!! I love carolers!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so having a hard time not just bursting at the seams wanting to go!!!!!!

It's going to be soooooooooooooo Disney-wonderful!!!!!!!!! :ap:

Comment

Are there any special food goodies that only come out at Christmastime??????

Comment

Are there any special food goodies that only come out at Christmastime??????
                  Tons!

Mainly just like with any holiday they do themed cookies and cupcakes plus other treats.

A big one, not so much for me, but something with an extreme following is the fresh made Candy Canes on Main Street in the candy shop. They make them a bit later in the season not the whole thing. They limit the quantity sold with vouchers to pick them up.

General Holiday Treat
                  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...eyland-resort/

A post only about the Candy Canes.
                  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...at-disneyland/
                  Last edited by swampymarsh; 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Oh how special! Thank you! I never thought about handmade candy canes before!

I was wondering about mouse ears at Christmas time? Anything special they do? My brother wants me to bring him back a special mouse ears gift! I hope they are cool looking!

Comment

Oh how special! Thank you! I never thought about handmade candy canes before!

I was wondering about mouse ears at Christmas time? Anything special they do? My brother wants me to bring him back a special mouse ears gift! I hope they are cool looking!
                      If you want to go for the candy canes, get there super early so you are one of the first at the gates. Try to line up at one of the gates on the left. Once inside the park, make like a bird and fly away quickly to the Candy Palace. I'd suggest not going as a group but send the speedwalkers from the group, because it is like a race. Don't be suprised when you see people running.

Once to the Candy Palace or in the quickly formed line you buy your voucher which you redeem for the candy cane later. In the past they limited sales to 2 per guest, so if you want more you need someone else with you to buy others. They aren't cheap I think mine were almost $10 each a couple years ago, so maybe $10-$12 this year.

I can't recall the dates, they may be announced soon, but I think it's about 10 days out of 40. If you want these you will have to be lucky that your dates match up.

Supplies are limited, I think they only make about 200 total on each day. That's why the demand is crazy.

As far as a Seasonal Micey Ears Hat, no problem you will have plenty of selection for those.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for their wonderful suggestions!!!!!!!

ROFL A race to candycanes? Wow! I'm not very good at the run and shove thing... I guess I'll just skip that. ROFL But thank you for letting me know!

Do the Mickey Mouse Ears for Christmas change each year or are they the same?

Comment

Do the Mickey Mouse Ears for Christmas change each year or are they the same?
                          There are a lot of styles. I'm sure the least popular ones die off, but the ones that sell well stick around longer.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Do they have a giant Christmas tree? Where is it located?

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                              There are a lot of styles. I'm sure the least popular ones die off, but the ones that sell well stick around longer.

I think thats true with all Disney stuff. :P
                              For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

20 more days until my Disneyland Christmas begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yea:

Comment

Where is the best place to see the snow? And is it with a show or?
                                  I'd say near the end of Main Street. So many people try to go as close to the castle, but trees and crowds make it a little difficult. I prefer going near the end of Main Street, a bit behind the last few buildings. That way you get a pretty clear view & when the snow falls & the Christmas music is playing, you will already be on Main Street (which I feel is the best place to see the snow). It's a truly magical experience. Fireworks play first and the snow follows right after.
                                  Best places to eat on a budget?
                                  On the first day especially, we plan on just crossing the street and just hitting Dennys or McDonalds. Idk if you prefer those but they are cheap. There's also a Subway, iHop, Korean place, a decent buffet, & a pizza place not much further down the street. Plan is to mostly do those the first day, & the last day we are splurging all the money we saved up lol. Kind of like a food investment while on vacation. Inside the parks you won't really find anything cheap unfortunately but I'm sure places like Rancho del Zocalo can fill two people up with those burritos.

I've never been to Carsland, so any suggestions on that is greatly welcome for that too!
                                  Hit the fastpass line & go straight to the line. It might already have a pretty long wait.
                                  If you are okay with about 40minute waits & like to ride the ride more than once, I'd say hit the ride first, then fastpass. Depending on how you time between the first ride & getting the fastpass, you can get a nighttime fastpass. The ride is even more gorgeous at night.

We also made lunch reservations for Blue Bayou, another first for us!!! We decided to split a lunch, so we can afford it. Any tips for something not to miss there?
                                  When checking in ask for a seat near the water. It's always fun sitting close to there. Food, I say go something cheap because the food is okay, but the unlimited bread & butter was delicious lol.

Other things I love to do during Christastime...

Go to It's A Small World. I've personally skipped the ride for many years now, but the projections on the facade during Christmas are amazing. The ride changes for the holidays as well so worth checking out.

Nightmare before Christmas!

Look for carolers around the park. Last year I believe they were at Grand California Hotel but I believe they change them each year. I'm sure someone will post their main whereabouts.

Also relaxing at the fire place at GCH. The hotel is also really decked out for Christmas & the wilderness design of the hotel just makes you feel more cozy during the holidays.

Also the new offerings this year like the decorations in BVS, or Santa's Jamboree sound like a good treat. I can't wait to check them out myself.

Comment

Do they have a giant Christmas tree? Where is it located?
                                    Yes a few. One in Town Square as you go through the tunnels into DL you will see it. One in Carthay Circle, once under the Hyperion Bridge you will see this main one in DCA, they still have the old main one in DCA too, near the little Mermaid. You will find hundreds of other christmas trees and wreaths, particularily in DL where Chrismas is celebrated like no other place on earth.
                                    Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

yea it's funny how DCA has two trees .. DL has one. i have always loved the giant red and gold ball tree near californian screamin in DCA..

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

Oh!! not to miss! i don't know if someone already said this.. but the grand californian hotel aka GCH has SANTA, you can get your photo taken for FREE with a photo pass CM and they have a GORGEOUS tree btw..don't miss it!! Also for a relaxing break, GCH has a lounge you can get irish coffee or hot chocolate or what ever floats your christmas trees and then relax by the giant fire

YOu really want to pay attention to detail, there is just a ton of christmas decor all around the park..

Comment

Wow! Wow! Thanks guys!

I had thought of maybe grabbing a sandwich on the way into disneyland from Subway? Would I be allowed to bring it through the gate?

I've never done Fast Passes before, is there a way to get a FP for a specific time? Like, if I want to see it at night time? Can I choose a time?

I had never thought of going into the GCH before this thread. I always just thought of it as a hotel and if you weren't a guest you couldn't go there. But everything you guys have been describing makes it sound like the perfect Christmas card picture! I'm so excited to see it!!!!!! and you can actually have your picture taken with Santa? How cool is that??????????????

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yea:

Comment

Wow! Wow! Thanks guys!

I had thought of maybe grabbing a sandwich on the way into disneyland from Subway? Would I be allowed to bring it through the gate?

I've never done Fast Passes before, is there a way to get a FP for a specific time? Like, if I want to see it at night time? Can I choose a time?

I had never thought of going into the GCH before this thread. I always just thought of it as a hotel and if you weren't a guest you couldn't go there. But everything you guys have been describing makes it sound like the perfect Christmas card picture! I'm so excited to see it!!!!!! and you can actually have your picture taken with Santa? How cool is that??????????????

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I can barely wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yea:
                                          okay 1st, yes you can bring your subway sandwich into the park, you cannot bring things to make a sandwich though.

2nd no you cannot chose your FP time, it's what ever is on the board that's the time you get.

3rd anyone and everyone is allowed to go into the GCH, they have a gorgeous lobby.u need to check it out..

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X