This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fireworks viewing?

Where is the best place to view fireworks without having to wait for hours?

Re: Fireworks viewing?

We will sometimes get a dessert and a table at the Plaza Inn. Usually don't have to get there super early but you also don't get to see much of the castle. Mostly the overhead stuff.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Waiting in line for Space Mountain or Autopia

Comment

We always show up a few minutes before the show on main street next to the ice cream parlor it decent spot

Comment

I like the view from farther back towards the end of Main St. The fireworks look huge from there and you can get there about 10-15 minutes before the show to grab a decent spot.
          And if you go on a really slow night, it might look like this.

It's All For You... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr
          Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
          You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
          Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
          Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Comment

If you are fine with missing the projections on the castle and Tinkerbell, you can view by IASW. We don't usually see large crowds back there, and it is easy to grab a good viewing spot close to fireworks time. Get a popcorn, find a spot, and enjoy!

Comment

At Disney World, my favorite places are either on the bridge that connects the castle to Tomorrow Land or down by the water to the right of the castle where the swan boats used to be. The crowds are very manageable, especially by the water.

In fact, one of my favorite Disney moments happened there. I was waiting with my folks for the fireworks to start with another family who had a little girl who was probably five or six. There were just a couple other families in the area, so it was great. There was a computer glitch somewhere along the line and, without warning, music, a light change, or Tinkerbell, the fireworks just started. (I'm sure someone got fired that night!)

The little girl was completely distraught that she didn't see Tinkerbell anywhere. A CM who happened to be close-by jumped at the chance to ease this child's concerns. His quick thinking?...Tinkerbell ate too much rocky road ice cream after dinner and "got too fat to fly that evening." He told her she was going to work out all day tomorrow and she'd be back for the fireworks tomorrow night! The little girl totally accepted it as fact and the dad high-fived the CM. Brilliant? TOTALLY!

Comment

In front of IASW, along the Rivers of America (there are usually Fantasmic crowds though, but they even shoot lasers during the Star Wars segment!), from the top of the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, from the esplanade, from Fantasyland by Dumbo, walkway of Innoventions, and sometimes there are many open spots on Main Street or in the hub. It's not unusual to walk up 5-10 minutes before the show and find a descent spot on main street or in front of the castle

Comment

Honestly if you have a small enough party you can squeeze in the front of the castle like 30 minutes before the show, i do it all the time qith my dad and neice!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X