This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Mickey's Halloween Party 10-19-12

Well after reading all neg reviews of the party I was not looking forward to going this year. We have gone many years befroe at both parks and always have fun. and we had fun! Brougth home more candy than ever before and the lines for the characters were not bad at all except Jack Skellington so we did not bother since we saw him in the park during the day. Candy line moved really fast and mostly everyone working it was very nice. (yes in past years we have gotten some people handing out candy that needed their cust service skills worked on) As far as that went it was the best year. I wish they's get some different villians as we have seen these at previous parties. Actually it was one of our best parties.

More pictures of the party at Flicker
    Flickr: Disney Lady Debby's Photostream
    disney lady

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party 10-19-12

Yay! I'm so glad to here the positive! I will be there this friday the 26th and I'm really excited mainly because I have an awesome costume :P

Thanks for photos!

Ta Da!

Comment

yay for a positive review! I had tons of fun too.
      nice photos!

Comment

totally enjoyed them. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Great pictures, thanks for posting!

I was there last night too, and I also had a great time. It was definitely crowded, and I wish they would sell fewer tickets, but lines were reasonable for rides, candy, and characters (except at the beginning of the party, when ride lines seemed very short but character and candy lines looked long). My SO and I focused on rides, and were able to go on 16 rides including SMGG twice, BTMRR twice, Pirates, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain (walk-on), Star Tours, and HMH. The longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes for Star Tours right after the fireworks. We went through 6 treat trails, mostly toward the end of the night, and ended up with about 4 pounds of candy each--the key was the last trail, which we entered 3 minutes before the end, where they gave us 2 handfuls of candy. We also took a Downtown Disney break for dinner during the party, which wasn't smart, but it did give us a chance to rest a bit (we entered Disneyland at 4:10).

I think it helped a lot that my expectations were moderate, so thank you to everyone on this board for being honest about your experiences!

Comment

Originally posted by Oedipa Maas View Post
            Great pictures, thanks for posting!

I was there last night too, and I also had a great time. It was definitely crowded, and I wish they would sell fewer tickets, but lines were reasonable for rides, candy, and characters (except at the beginning of the party, when ride lines seemed very short but character and candy lines looked long). My SO and I focused on rides, and were able to go on 16 rides including SMGG twice, BTMRR twice, Pirates, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain (walk-on), Star Tours, and HMH. The longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes for Star Tours right after the fireworks. We went through 6 treat trails, mostly toward the end of the night, and ended up with about 4 pounds of candy each--the key was the last trail, which we entered 3 minutes before the end, where they gave us 2 handfuls of candy. We also took a Downtown Disney break for dinner during the party, which wasn't smart, but it did give us a chance to rest a bit (we entered Disneyland at 4:10).

I think it helped a lot that my expectations were moderate, so thank you to everyone on this board for being honest about your experiences!
            This is the difference between a crowded party and an unbelievably, ridiculously, over-crowded party. It's just hit or miss on what night you go, and it sounds like there were more misses than hits this year, but I'm glad some folks got a good night.

They really do need to cap the tickets sales at a more reasonable level for these things. I know their purpose is to make as much profit as possible, but they have to provide a good experience to guests in exchange. If one spent 70 bucks a head for a meal at a restaurant and the service was so bad they had to wait hours and then the food was so horrible they couldn't even eat it - I doubt they would walk away happy saying "well, the restaurant is here to make a profit, can't blame them".

Comment

OMG finally someone besides me that had a good time. Thanks for sharing
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Yes it was crowded but not crazy crowded. and sure it would be nice if it was even less crowded but...... and my friend had gotten layed off from her job that afternoon so she was depressed and told one of the candy people and she got us to be able to sit in the preferred seating for the fireworks up in front of train station, which was really cool and made my friend feel special so. And at the end of evening the candy people were more generous with candy but we got so much candy, which goes to work with me on monday and they enjoy. No one needs that much candy unless they share.
                disney lady

Comment

Originally posted by Steveman View Post
                  This is the difference between a crowded party and an unbelievably, ridiculously, over-crowded party. It's just hit or miss on what night you go, and it sounds like there were more misses than hits this year, but I'm glad some folks got a good night.

They really do need to cap the tickets sales at a more reasonable level for these things. I know their purpose is to make as much profit as possible, but they have to provide a good experience to guests in exchange. If one spent 70 bucks a head for a meal at a restaurant and the service was so bad they had to wait hours and then the food was so horrible they couldn't even eat it - I doubt they woul walk away happy saying "well, the restaurant is here to make a profit, can't blame them".
                  The 19th was a sold out party, so I doubt it was less crowded than other nights. I think it's more hit or miss depending on priorities and just luck (the lines and crowd levels are not even throughout the park or the night, and it's easy to imagine one person lucking into lots of short lines while another is constantly waiting in long lines for similar attractions).

Unfortunately, I think the only was Disney will cap ticket sales lower is if people stop buying them. They should, but I doubt they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Oedipa Maas View Post
                    The 19th was a sold out party, so I doubt it was less crowded than other nights. I think it's more hit or miss depending on priorities and just luck (the lines and crowd levels are not even throughout the park or the night, and it's easy to imagine one person lucking into lots of short lines while another is constantly waiting in long lines for similar attractions).

Unfortunately, I think the only was Disney will cap ticket sales lower is if people stop buying them. They should, but I doubt they will.
                    I know both parties I went to the last 2 years were sold out, yet one was far more crowded than the other. Maybe there were a lot of no-shows. There are a certain percentage of people that don't end up showing for an event, even after paying for it. Or maybe they lowered the amount of tickets sales due to feedback from the previous events, though that seems doutful. (Shrugs) who knows, no way to prove it, but I just really doubt from these comments that it was the same crowd levels as some of the previous nights.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X