Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you think Al Lutz will post his next D land update?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When do you think Al Lutz will post his next D land update?

There's been a lot of big news lately, including some intriguing events (such as the wonderful, month-long return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue show) as part of the terribly named 2013 Disney parks promotion:
    LIMITED TIME MAGIC. I imagine Al Lutz has been working overtime, and I wouldn't be surprised if his next update appeared sooner than usual.
    Tuesday, Oct. 30
    10.34%
    Tuesday, Nov. 6
    17.24%
    Tuesday, Nov. 13
    31.03%
    Tuesday, Nov. 20
    27.59%
    I DON'T CARE! (Yet I opened this thread & voted, so I must care!)
    6.90%
    I am Al Lutz and only I know. (More than 1 vote will discredit you.)
    3.45%
    Who is Al Lutz & why do so many eagerly await his words/instructions?
    3.45%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by jcruise86; 10-21-2012, 01:51 AM.

Re: When do you think Al Lutz will post his next D land update?

I hope it is sooner than usual. Anyone else remember the "Save Disney" days and weekly updates?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
      I hope it is sooner than usual. Anyone else remember the "Save Disney" days and weekly updates?
      those were the fun days! With slowed news and rising prices I follow things less and less sadly.

Maybe Disney will announce another big project and I can plan my next trip lol but I ain't shelling out huge buckets of cash for limited time magic or character greets. Been looking more towards what my local parks expansions might be.
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
        I wasn't aware of Al Lutz back then, but from what I understand he was part of the anti-Eisner/Pressler movement with Roy Disney that led to improvements in the company.

I was hoping the company would be influenced by Steve Jobs when he suddenly became, by far, Disney's biggest shareholder. But since he died it's easy to imagine Iger, his successor, Staggs, Crofton & the
        still there Rasulo all sliding back into Eisner's brand of corporate capitalism. The "Limited Time Magic" seemed like a bad turn, and I'm interested to learn how this came to pass.

Al seems like the best bet. Maybe Robert Niles could describe it. Or David Koenig, if he has connections close to the top of Disney. Maybe Kevin Yee in a couple of years could, if he interviews and forms friendships within higher levels in Disney. I wish Marty Skylar would use his love of words vast company experience to write a warts and all book of the good, the bad and the ugly of Disney, and what he'd like to see happen. But for now I want & realistically hope that Al can shed some light on this insulting, low-grade campaign. I expect some wonderful events in this campaign (again with the Golden H. Revue), but its title reflects how the company views us.

Wouldn't it be excellent if it turns out that Thomas Staggs wants above all to improve Disney for both its guests & CMs? Maybe there's a little bit of hope in this video:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbIltfqdZE
        Maybe not.
        I wish his background were in animation, screenwriting, movie producing, or Imagineering instead of finance. He'll ultimately be responsible for Disney Studios. If one of his studio heads bombs, that studio head will look bad. If two of his picks bomb, then Staggs will look bad.
        For better or worse, he's getting theme park experience now, but he should study 300 movies from a list compiled for him by Leonard Maltin, Roger Ebert, Scott Rudin, and Harvey Weinstein. He should audit at least a few graduate classes at USC, UCLA or AFI's film schools, including one from UCS's Stark School of Producing.
        Last edited by jcruise86; 10-21-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I just want to know when we are getting a new tomorrow land I've been waiting almost twenty years for that

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
            I just want to know when we are getting a new tomorrow land I've been waiting almost twenty years for that
            LOL! Keep waiting......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
              LOL! Keep waiting......
              Soon
              very soon
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I'm not actually expecting one until January. A post-holiday assessment, if you will.
                "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
                  those were the fun days! With slowed news and rising prices I follow things less and less sadly.
                  Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                  I wasn't aware of Al Lutz back then, but from what I understand he was part of the anti-Eisner/Pressler movement with Roy Disney that led to improvements in the company.
                  Im not sure how I learned about Save Disney but I'm so glad I did. Al's updates back then provided a very compelling way for me to pass time at work. ;-) I'm glad things are better now than they were then...

...but lately I've been thinking its not better... just hella busy/crowded. A cleaner, well oiled Disneyland has brought in bigger crowds and higher prices. I ALMOST yearn for the days of more gift shops, closed attractions, and an unpainted railing here or there if it meant the crowds would leave and prices would drop. In other words, the early 2000's might not have been so bad after all.
                  "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

They used to be every other tuesday, now it seems like it's more or less once a month.

Comment

It's usually like ever month....or two on a Tuesday
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X