Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get an Old Fashioned in the Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Where can I get an Old Fashioned in the Disneyland Resort?

I didn't know if this deserved to be in the restaurant review forum since it isn't a review so mods please move it if I made a mistake.

Anyways, where can you get an Old Fashioned at the Disneyland Resort? I'm actually surprised how many bars don't have the bitters to make the drink properly. I would guess my best bets are Steakhouse 55 or Carthay Circle. Anyone know for sure?

Re: Where can I get an Old Fashioned in the Disneyland Resort?

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
    I didn't know if this deserved to be in the restaurant review forum since it isn't a review so mods please move it if I made a mistake.

Anyways, where can you get an Old Fashioned at the Disneyland Resort? I'm actually surprised how many bars don't have the bitters to make the drink properly. I would guess my best bets are Steakhouse 55 or Carthay Circle. Anyone know for sure?

I think your best bet might be the Hearthside Lounge at the Grand. Full service bar, looked pretty well stocked to me. I don't care for bitters myself, so don't know for sure. I did once have a drink that used muddled orange peel to give it that 'bitters' edge, but I don't know if you'd consider that as a substitute if they don't have actual bitters.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Carthay Circle. They have a Manhattan that is made with Angostura bitters.

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...enu_082012.pdf

Comment

Did anyone else think of south park when reading this title? Made me giggle.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
          Carthay Circle. They have a Manhattan that is made with Angostura bitters.

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...enu_082012.pdf
          Oh wow, they have rye whiskey too. Thanks for that link

Comment

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
            Oh wow, they have rye whiskey too. Thanks for that link
            Your welcome! I love that menu....

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              I think your best bet might be the Hearthside Lounge at the Grand. Full service bar, looked pretty well stocked to me. I don't care for bitters myself, so don't know for sure. I did once have a drink that used muddled orange peel to give it that 'bitters' edge, but I don't know if you'd consider that as a substitute if they don't have actual bitters.
              Hands down the best bar is at Napa Rose. The bartenders have taken a lot of initivative to become drink mixing masters. Trust me, Carthay is not quite up to par in comparission.

Comment

I am also an Old Fashioned fan, an often frustrated that most bartenders these days don't seem to know what that is. My advice would be to try the Carthay. But, if you want a real treat, try the Manhattan. The drink has this crystal-clear ice ball in the glass that cools your drink without diluting it. It's fun to watch them make these using this machine that creates them from a big block of ice. I understand tha this is all the rage in Japan for martinis. And the Luxardo cherries are fabulous. You can download a PDF of the drink menu from the DCA website.

Comment

One of the drinks on the menu linked above for Carthay Circle describes a drink (the Negroni) as "served over Hard Cubed Ice". What's that?

[COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]Beefeater Gin, Campari,
                  and Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouthserved over Hard Cubed Ice
                  [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]9.50 [/COLOR]

Comment

My step mom makes the best home-made Old-Fashioned's EVER!!!!

by the way.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                      Me too. It's the only reason I even opened this thread.

Knowing what else those words can mean sure gives a new angle to everyone else's responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat95242 View Post
                        One of the drinks on the menu linked above for Carthay Circle describes a drink (the Negroni) as "served over Hard Cubed Ice". What's that?

[COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]Beefeater Gin, Campari,
                        and Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouthserved over Hard Cubed Ice
                        [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 100.000000%, 100.000000%)]9.50 [/COLOR]
                        Well, you've got the ingridents listed. The Hard Cubed Ice, is a pressed Ice sphere. The drink itself is grand.

And I've drank at both Carthay and Napa... Napa is noticably better, and their bartenders are more knowledgable and have made drink making an art.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                          Me too. It's the only reason I even opened this thread. Knowing what else those words can mean sure gives a new angle to everyone else's responses.
                          ... So glad I'm not the only one!!

Comment

shake weight.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Carthay Circle is fantastic. Ashleyanne behind the bar really knows her stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat95242 View Post
                                They use an ice that doesn't melt quickly. It is very interesting, it doesn't dilute your drink. I am not sure how they make it. But I like it!!

---------- Post added 10-22-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by UncleWally'sNiece View Post
                                Carthay Circle is fantastic. Ashleyanne behind the bar really knows her stuff.
                                Yes, Ashleyanne is great!!
                                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I just saw that there is a new Disney Parks cocktail menu and the rye whiskey manhattan has been added to it (only Carthay Circle has the ice sphere). That means every bar at a US Disney park should now have the ingredients to make an Old Fashioned.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthrider View Post
                                    Me too. It's the only reason I even opened this thread.

Knowing what else those words can mean sure gives a new angle to everyone else's responses.
                                    Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                                    ... So glad I'm not the only one!!
                                    Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
                                    shake weight.
                                    hahahaha.... love you guys.

Micenation

Comment

hahahaha.... love you guys.
                                      You guys are bad......:lol:

Comment

Now I don't feel so childish

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X