Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get an Old Fashioned in the Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where can I get an Old Fashioned in the Disneyland Resort?

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
    Now I don't feel so childish
    Welcome brother/sister. Come, join the giggle circle.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
      Did anyone else think of south park when reading this title? Made me giggle.

I opened this thinking in my head "Ohmygosh why would someone ask this why why why"

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
        Welcome brother/sister. Come, join the giggle circle.
        Why thank you, don't mind if I do

Comment

My favorite cocktail is the Old Fashioned. So far, nothing served at a Disneyland Resort or Park has been able to make one properly. You can get lucky now and then at all of the bars but it's never consistent. There's usually maybe one or two bartenders in the entire resort that knows how to make it and everyone else attempts it miserably. My Old Fashioned at Carthay (on two separate occasions) were so-so. I haven't yet tried it at Napa Rose so I'll do that next time.

The place SO FAR that I can even remotely call an Old Fashioned is from the UVA bar in Downtown Disney. Ever since they remodeled, they have claimed that their bartenders are now "mixologists". The old fashioneds here are far superior than any that I've had at Carthay or Steakhouse 55 Bar or Hearthstone or Cove Bar.

Just a note though, there have been occasions where the bartenders forget something and it comes out wrong. They've been very good at taking the drinks back and when it's redone, it's perfect.

So that's my alcoholic tip of the day. My two favorite bars at Disneyland Resort is Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar and UVA.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Steakhouse 55 makes a nice Manhattan (with the bitters), so presumably they can make a good Old Fashioned. I'm not sure if they have rye, though, since I have given up hope on most bars carrying that spirit and generally will call out Makers.

I would also check out Trader Sam's. Obviously, the specialty drinks on their menu are the attraction, but they appear to have all the fixings, and they bartenders certainly have the skills.

Considering Tyler Fitzgerald (Jim Backus) was able to get an Old Fashioned (just like dear ol' dad used to make!) in his Beechcraft in mid-air, you would think DLR could produce one decent Old Fashioned.

Oh, and to orbitalpunk, its not that kind of "Old Fashioned." And bisforbrittney, you forgot about the cab fare.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue View Post
              Steakhouse 55 makes a nice Manhattan (with the bitters), so presumably they can make a good Old Fashioned. I'm not sure if they have rye, though, since I have given up hope on most bars carrying that spirit and generally will call out Makers.

I would also check out Trader Sam's. Obviously, the specialty drinks on their menu are the attraction, but they appear to have all the fixings, and they bartenders certainly have the skills.

I've done both places and they just didn't cut it. I love Trader Sam's for tropical drinks but that's about it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Though not an Old Fashioned... The Shipwreck on the Rocks at Trader Sam's fills in nicely if you're in a pinch. mainly just bourbon and ginger, but it scratches the itch till you can get somewhere reliable.

Comment

I have to agree with FlynnRider99; the Napa Rose Lounge is, hands-down, your best bet for a properly mixed cocktail. Not only is the bar well-stocked, even with obscure liquors, but the bartenders really know their stuff. They can make the classics perfectly and create their own delicious cocktails. Real craftsmen.

Cool New Cocktails at Napa Rose at Disney
                  Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                  Words hurt.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X