This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Country Bears type JAZZ show in New Orleans Square without bears

If AA advances eventually merit it, and if space could be made for it on the West side of the tracks near (or south of) Disneyland's New Orleans Square train station, a jazz show similar to Country Bears show (No bears. Well, maybe Big Al's cousin.) could perform there. I'd like the charismatic, human CM who starts the show to be a good singer or trumpet player and act as the MC, performing as the audience enters the theatre, and join in one song and in the finale. And maybe give microphones to a couple of audience members at one point after some pre-show auditions, who could join in a song and in the finale. (When the Saints Go Marching In. Or better yet have three versions of this show, 1, 2, & 3, and rotate & display their times.) One not too huge theater because this should ALWAYS have a packed house.

I recommend Ken Burns' mini-series documentary on the history Jazz as a starting point for Imagineers researching this project. Don't let Wynton Marsalis come near this project. He is to jazz what T.S. Eliot was to poetry, minus the humor. Listen to Count Basie while working, and get in some Tito Puente-style latin jazz.

Re: Country Bears type JAZZ show in New Orleans Square without bears

This would be a great thing to add here - I have actually thought about this too. It would definitely make up for the loss of the CBJ to Pooh, by having a new show with AA characters. But where would it fit? Space is not available in this area - Unless they removed the Disney Dream Suites and put the show up there???? (Use that space for real people who can see it and not the 1% crowd) --- I think they could have the crocodile Louis from the Princess and the Frog as one of the performers, but mix in other new characters as well, based on animals that are native to the bayous down south, including maybe one bear as a nod to CBJ.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

I love this idea! For space - why not combine French Market and Cafe Orleans together, and use the other vacant building for the show?
      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I always felt that there should be an attraction in NOS to better tie in the land to its actual theme - the Blue Bayou does, but it is part of POTC, so it is not its own separate idea. A NOS Jazz Club would make up for this noticeable, albeit subconsciousness, feeling of something missing.

---------- Post added 10-21-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Interestingly, I just recently watched the entire Ken Burn Jazz series, beginning to end, on Netflix. Saw it a long time ago, but needed a refresher. It is awesome - Love Ken Burns, love Jazz in its many forms, marriage made in heaven -0 if you have not seen it, go directly to netflix, do not pass go, do not collect 200.00, and see it immediately.

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
          . . . Interestingly, I just recently watched the entire Ken Burn Jazz series, beginning to end, on Netflix. Saw it a long time ago, but needed a refresher. It is awesome - Love Ken Burns, love Jazz in its many forms, marriage made in heaven -0 if you have not seen it, go directly to netflix, do not pass go, do not collect 200.00, and see it immediately.
          I had it on while I was working on a project. I gained a better appreciation for how many different kids of jazz there are & have been, and inspired me to love some kinds (Basie, Fats Waller, Tito {not Jackson---no offense}, the African-American Louis from New Orleans and the Italian Louis from New Orleans--Prima of Disney's Jungle Book), and hate other kinds.

Comment

There were plans for a land to be put in between the show buildings of the HM and POTC long ago. If the station was able to stay and perhaps an underground passage was made, there could very well be room for an attraction of the sort. But nowadays, an attraction of this kind is sadly not recognized by the suits. Although WDW's Country Bears just recently emerged from a refurbishment (proving they're still strong), it was condensed, meaning any new animatronic musical show implemented anywhere in the future would be short and if new, probably half-done.
            "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka

In other words - this is all fantasy, we as Disney fanatics are big dreamers - this discussion is all a "what if" scenario - I find it so frustrating there are so many on MiceChat who find the need to rain on our little "Imagination Parades".

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X