Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be open to replacing/refurbishing Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Would you be open to replacing/refurbishing Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

I know for many visitors who visit Disneyland, and have been to other Disney parks prior, Sleeping Beauty's Castle in California is pathetic, and small, compared to others.

Now, I love the castle, and would hate to ever see it go, or be replaced by something, but I know others have very different opinions than me.

So, would you be open to replacing/refurbishing Sleeping Beauty's Castle to make it grander, or do you believe that the Castle needs to be kept the same forever?
    Keep it!
    72.58%
    Get rid of it!
    2.42%
    Refurbish it to have the same design, but larger.
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: Would you be open to replacing/refurbishing Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

I would like to see them remove the gold squiggly railing recently added above the first level to comply with OSHA. They need to remove it and come up with a better solution. I find it does not match with the rest of the castle and I personally cringe every time I see it.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

I have only seen ours and Orlando I like the small castle it ads charm.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

I'm very against replacing the castle. It's very beautiful and so pretty. The colors go together and it's the original. Now refurbishing the castle, I'm up for.
        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

The size of the castle is perfect for the park. I don't want to see a grand, imposing castle. The petiteness of Sleeping Beauty Castle makes it so welcoming and comforting. Bigger isn't always better.

Comment

Any change to the size and it would look out of place with the Matterhorn. Also, didn't they just give it a refurbishment when they redid the walk-through ?
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

It's been fine for 57 years.

Comment

it would be nice it it was a little bigger

Comment

Like others have said, as much as a grander castle would be amazing, it just wouldn't look right for the area. BUT I would KILL for them to go back to the original colors it had before the atrocity they pulled for the 50th with all that pink. UGH. I absolutely cannot stand those colors.

Comment

agreed, bring back the original color scheme

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Remove cheesy railing and recreate original color. I'm good with that.

Comment

double ditto

Comment

Yes like many have said here. Remove the OSHA-imposed golden painted railing and restore the castle's original color scheme. Keep the castle as it is but with many refurbishments here and there.

The older castle colors were more realistic-fantasy and less of a fairy tale fantasy with a princess touch to it.

Removing and replacing Walt's beloved original Disneyland castle will make many bad things to happen to the theme park. It will be cursed if done so! Many attraction breakdowns, angry guests, poor service, bad cast members, bad food, and music/sound playing backwards!!!

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                          Save
                          Sav

Comment

Didn't David Copperfield make the castle disappear once??? Once is enough.

Comment

Leave the castle alone. Like Mother Nature, not to be messed with.

Comment

To replace the castle with something bigger and make it look good, you would have to change most of the park.
                                Jeff Wayne

Comment

Id like to see it become as ornate as Paris castle but at a height taller than the original but smaller than Disneyworld. but keep the spirit of the original in the new design. I don't consider the castle to be untouchable status like many here. But I would only approve if the new one is an improvement.
                                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Keep it as it is!
                                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I think our castle is the right size for our park.
                                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                                        Remove cheesy railing and recreate original color.
                                        This.
                                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X