Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

Do you think they should bring in an Oswald the Rabbit full size character to walk around the parks?
    yes
    80.85%
    no
    19.15%

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Re: Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

Only in Buena Vista Street, or in front of the Main Street Cinema.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Re: Do you think they should bring in an Oswald full size character to the parks?

yes in bvs
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

Not really. I think they are going too overboard with Oswald.
        Last edited by calsig31; 10-21-2012, 10:30 PM.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

What Cheshire said.
          sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Speaking of the Main Street Cinema, it would be cool if they showed some Oswald cartoons there instead of the Mickey ones. Would be a nice change, and would fit the theme perfectly. They could still show Steamboat Willie, but the other screens could be replaced by Oswald Cartoons. Yes or No?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
            An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Yes. And Al Michaels should be banned from the ESPN Zone.
              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
                Yes. And Al Michaels should be banned from the ESPN Zone.
                Wow very funny
                Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I think it would be fun to see him around Main Street or in BVS or Hollywood Land.

I'd also LOVE to see a pie-eyed Mickey walking around.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                    Only in Buena Vista Street, or in front of the Main Street Cinema.
                    I wish you worked for Disney.

Comment

Oswald is an interesting part of Walt's past...a lesson he learned about business and a catalyst that sent him out west to really "start it all". I don't think he needs to become a M&G character however. Still, I would not freak out about it if they did indeed do it and kept to around BVS.

Comment

No, thank you.
                        Oswald's getting enough attention as it is. Though he is an interesting part of Walt's past, people are acting like he's the new Mickey or something.

I don't even understand his presence in BVS. If this is supposed to be like 'when Walt stepped off the train. . .etcetc' then why is Oswald there. He had to leave Oswald behind to pursue better things that were actually his own . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dilemma View Post
                          No, thank you.
                          Oswald's getting enough attention as it is. Though he is an interesting part of Walt's past, people are acting like he's the new Mickey or something.

I don't even understand his presence in BVS. If this is supposed to be like 'when Walt stepped off the train. . .etcetc' then why is Oswald there. He had to leave Oswald behind to pursue better things that were actually his own . . .
                          This, exactly. He as a shop in Buena Vista Street and a ridiculous ear hat. I really think any more would be overkill for a character that is little more than a side note in Disney history.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I don't see the harm in welcoming Oswald. It is a triumph for the Disney company to get him back, he helped shape Walt's vision and was a step on the road to Mickey...why not? As to being a footnote, there are rides at the park based on films that most guests don't know, like Splash Mountain/Song of the South or Mr. Toad, and there are so many characters at the parks that are "minor" but beloved; IMHO there's no reason not to add one more. I'm also glad when I see a bit of the company's past being celebrated--like it's cool that they've had Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar out this year. I'd rather see Oswald brought forward than some direct-to-DVD Fairy Princess Exactly Like the Other 1000000 Fairy Princesses.
                            Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                              I don't see the harm in welcoming Oswald. It is a triumph for the Disney company to get him back, he helped shape Walt's vision and was a step on the road to Mickey...why not? As to being a footnote, there are rides at the park based on films that most guests don't know, like Splash Mountain/Song of the South or Mr. Toad, and there are so many characters at the parks that are "minor" but beloved; IMHO there's no reason not to add one more. I'm also glad when I see a bit of the company's past being celebrated--like it's cool that they've had Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar out this year. I'd rather see Oswald brought forward than some direct-to-DVD Fairy Princess Exactly Like the Other 1000000 Fairy Princesses.
                              It's true there are other side notes that have been given rides, but they don't have a shop, a bunch of t-shirts, and ear hats to go along with their rides. I just think enough is enough.

Comment

I would like to see him as a special once in a while walk around character in BVS only not a full meet and greet. It fits the time period and theme but all the time would kill what makes him cool.
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

He should be B&W and look like he did in the original cartoon. Also Old School B&W versions of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto Donald and Daisy should all be added to the Hollywoodland area.
                                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                                    like it's cool that they've had Clarabell Cow and Horace Horsecollar out this year.
                                    I haven't seen Clarabelle Cow but would LOVE a photo with her for obvious reason I wouldn't mind seeing an Oswald either. I enjoying drawing him in the Animation Building.

Ta Da!

Comment

ORWEN: Oswald had his chance to be a Disney character way back whenever--and he BLEW it!!! So it's too late for him to try and horn in on Mickey's territory at this late date. Let him build his on park if he wants to do meet and greets somewhere. Disney theme parks were meant for Mickey--not for some sell-out from the past.

ORDDU: Well, in all fairness, it wasn't Oswald's fault that he was stolen away from Uncle Walt.

ORWEN: Sure it is! Oswald should have jumped ship and gone with Uncle Walt. Instead of doing that, he went with those nasty jerks and ended up ruining his career. I say he got just what he deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                        Not really. I think they are going too overboard with Oswald.
                                        I'm guess you must really hate Mickey his face is one everything from rides, Parades, Balloons, heck even his own land

As for me Oswald is a character I'd love to see more of....heck he is kinda like how Mickey was years ago.....not just 100 mr nice and as my friend said the other day he really like's his design so I say bring him into the parks as a walk around, show his cartoons and if there's a way sneak him into the end of WOC
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X