This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report October 11-14

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Re: October 11-14

Wow, I am surprised at the amout of people in the park...Great pics. Can't wait for more.

Comment

Wonderful Pictures! What camera do you use, if I may ask. Thanks!

Ta Da!

Comment

....nice pics.....

Comment

Great pics - I love the one with the balloon vendor - sooo colorful - also - that is the best shot of the DCA entrance I have ever seen. Looks great from the angle you shot it. There is a bit of a smokey affect in you photos that is really quite lovely.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

We were at the Anaheim Plaza starting Saturday night!
            I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

Good TR!
              I really like the pic of the rockets.

Comment

Great pictures!

I too stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Wed-Sun. And I was shocked by how crowded it was at the parks Thursday, even while it was raining. I was hoping the rain would clear out some of the crowds both Thursday and Friday, but no dice.

Comment

Nice TR and pics!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

We were there Oct 8-13, and couldn't believe how busy it was mid-week! Our previous trips had been Spring Break and Summer time...and that week was so much busier tHan we had previously experienced.

Great photos...wish mine had turned out that well...

Comment

i love the picture of the pier at sunset. i can't wait to see more!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Great trip report. I really liked that photo of Fowler's Harbor. May become a new desktop soon.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

That Fowler's Harbor picture is really nice! Ah, if only the "Inn" had an actual room with a bed...

Comment

nice pictures thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                              I really liked that photo of Fowler's Harbor.

Agreed. But what I want to know, is how did I not see this? Ever? Where is this located and is it tucked away? It is the only pic I cannot I.D. where the camera is at/line of sight. So odd. I know where "Fowler's Cave" is (Splash), but this looks like Frontierland or CC - off ride.

Comment

We also went this week. Awful with the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by jennasmom View Post
                                  Wow, I am surprised at the amout of people in the park...Great pics. Can't wait for more.
                                  Yeah, ton of people, thanks.

Originally posted by clara View Post
                                  Wonderful Pictures! What camera do you use, if I may ask. Thanks!
                                  Thanks, canon 40D, most of the shots are with a new lens I just got, a 24-105 f/4L.

Originally posted by Treasure View Post
                                  ....nice pics.....
                                  Thanks

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                                  Great pics - I love the one with the balloon vendor - sooo colorful - also - that is the best shot of the DCA entrance I have ever seen. Looks great from the angle you shot it. There is a bit of a smokey affect in you photos that is really quite lovely.
                                  Thanks, I get lucky every once in a while.

Originally posted by tensixmom View Post
                                  We were at the Anaheim Plaza starting Saturday night!
                                  There were several buses from Arizona and Utah offloading at the hotel. Still remained pretty quiet though during the night.

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                                  Good TR!
                                  I really like the pic of the rockets.
                                  Thank you

Originally posted by Tiny Mermaid View Post
                                  Great pictures!

I too stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Wed-Sun. And I was shocked by how crowded it was at the parks Thursday, even while it was raining. I was hoping the rain would clear out some of the crowds both Thursday and Friday, but no dice.
                                  Yeah, the rain didn’t cause anyone to leave really. I am still shocked how many people were there.

Originally posted by Gamedog View Post
                                  Nice TR and pics!

Thanks for sharing!
                                  Thanks

Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
                                  i love the picture of the pier at sunset. i can't wait to see more!
                                  The sky was amazing once the rain stopped coming down. Wish I had been there a few minutes earlier to catch a little more light.

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                  Great trip report. I really liked that photo of Fowler's Harbor. May become a new desktop soon.
                                  Thanks SBK

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                                  That Fowler's Harbor picture is really nice! Ah, if only the "Inn" had an actual room with a bed...
                                  That would be a sought after room for sure.

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                                  nice pictures thanks
                                  Thanks

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                                  Agreed. But what I want to know, is how did I not see this? Ever? Where is this located and is it tucked away? It is the only pic I cannot I.D. where the camera is at/line of sight. So odd. I know where "Fowler's Cave" is (Splash), but this looks like Frontierland or CC - off ride.
                                  Across from HM is Harbour’s Galley, walk around that on the ROA side and you would see Fowler’s Harbor.

Originally posted by Mouser172 View Post
                                  We also went this week. Awful with the crowds.
                                  Yeah it was, much worse than what we normally experience when we go in the summer. Glutton for punishment here, going back with whole family Thanksgiving week.

---------- Post added 10-23-2012 at 07:13 AM ----------

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Gorgeous and evocative pictures as always. Wish I had some nice ones to share! I am sorry we missed the rain because Sunday/Monday/Tuesday were HOT! Glad we didn't try for a MHP... we went back and forth and decided the extra $ was just not doable. We're not big on villains anyway!
                                    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

All that waiting sounds frustrating. I hope November has a little lighter crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by tensixmom View Post
                                        Gorgeous and evocative pictures as always. Wish I had some nice ones to share! I am sorry we missed the rain because Sunday/Monday/Tuesday were HOT! Glad we didn't try for a MHP... we went back and forth and decided the extra $ was just not doable. We're not big on villains anyway!
                                        Yeah I hear you there.

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                                        All that waiting sounds frustrating. I hope November has a little lighter crowds.
                                        I think once the parties are over you should see the crowds drop a bit.

Day 3-Saturday, October 13

We had a Magic Morning with our hoppers, this was the day. So we get to security around 6:50, smooth sailing, get in line and wait. And wait. And wait. Turnstiles open at 7:12; guess someone needs to replace the battery in their watch. Overall, it seemed that there were fewer decorations this year at DL, pretty non-existent at CA.

We walked with a purpose to GG, basically a walk on, maybe 2 minutes to get loaded once we made it into the space port.

Next we headed to ST, also basically a walk on. At least we saw a few different scenes today; my favorite middle scene is Naboo and we saw that a lot today.

Tomorrowland was starting to fill up with people so we headed over to Matterhorn.

We had about a ten minute wait. We both like the older sleds better, track feels bumpier to us now with the changes. Paint job looks awesome though.

Fantasyland not too crowded yet, but we were off to explore NOS. We were going to hit POC first, but it was closed. So we went to HM, I think it took us about 5 minutes to get on.

The cake was looking pretty cool this year.

Off to my Son’s favorite next. It took us about 10 minutes to get on BTMRR.

Checked back to see if Pirates was open, arghhhhhhhh. We rode the train from NOS to Tomorrowland, train pretty empty.

Not too many people excited to get on Splash Mountain at 8 in the morning, but there were a few brave souls. It was a bit warmer today, with only a few scattered clouds.

We grabbed a FP for ST, had a return time in an hour. We decided to have breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace, I would pay for that later. My Son had the breakfast platter, which he thought was quite good. I had to have a few bites for quality control, he was right. I settled for the breakfast burrito, it was pretty tasty. But something wasn’t right; it might have been the 6 packs of salsa I used, or something was just bad in the burrito, but later than night I visited just about every bathroom in DL. Good times.

We rested a bit, my Son finished his cocoa. We decided to visit Mr. Toad. Fantasyland was in its usual frenzy by now, 45 minute wait for Peter Pan at 8:30. We got to see Mr. Toad after a 10 minute wait.

My Son suggested we go check out the Jungle Cruise, so off we went. Thirty five minutes later, we were on the ride.

My camera was acting up, popped the battery in and out, it seemed to be working ok after that. Later, it looked like it was fighting with the light for all of the Jungle Cruise pics.

Crowds were swelling pretty good now around 11.

Standby line for BTMRR was 25 minutes so we got in line, pretty accurate wait time.

We went to go see how the other half was doing in CA. A fair amount of people were still making their way into the parks.

We grabbed a FP for Soarin at 11:15, return time was 1:30. SRL for RSR was an hour. We bit that bullet too, actually was around a 45 minute wait. Unfortunately, that was the last time we rode it. Cool ride though. I hope we have a few more chances on our next visit, but I know there will be even more people then.

We took a stroll to the Blue Sky Cellar, we always love the displays and little shows they have.

Time for some snackage, Cove Bar it is. Starting to get a little warm, so some shade and a cold beer is definitely in order, some wings might be ok too. We got there just as they were opening, around 12:30. Our server got slammed with like 10 tables at once, but she kept calm and served on.

We chilled for about an hour, we took in the Midway next. My Son played a few games; he is always up for that, even at DL.

We then kept on walking all the way around and used our FPs for Soarin. We then hopped back over to DL to grab a FP for ST.

I upgraded my hopper, needed the PAP since our next visit was Thanksgiving week. Extra discount on food/merch will come in handy, hopefully make up some of the cost difference. We headed back to the hotel to cool off and take a cat nap.

Well, 3 hours later, some cat nap, we headed back to DL, in the park around 5:45. You may be sensing yet another theme here, it was PACKED!

Made our way through the masses to BTMRR for a FP. CMs were doing a good job at keeping the park clean as we witnessed at least half a dozen people just drop trash as they walked. We shared a sundae at the Golden Horseshoe, pretty good.

Hit up BTMRR, about 10 minutes to get through the FP line.

We walked over through Fantasyland to get to ST, lots of people here too.

I stowed the camera so I could concentrate on the terrible rumbling in my gut. Something was not right, not even close. We made our way through the ST queue in about 20 minutes with a FP, no new scenes.

I asked my Son if he wanted to check out GG, knowing full well I would never be able to wait 60 plus minutes, my back couldn’t take 60 minutes just upright. I lucked out when he said he didn’t want to wait 60 minutes either, especially since the wait was actually listed at 120. So we headed back to ST to use our last FP.

It was about 7 now, my Son was getting hungry so I let him choose where we would go. He wanted to get a burrito at Rancho del Zocalo. Against my better judgment I gave in and we made our way to Frontierland. It took us about 30 minutes just to get inside and order. My Son got the burrito, I got the tostada. Not two bites into it, I was running, yes, running for the bathroom. I was lucky there was a bathroom that close, too bad there were 3 kids waiting to use the stalls. I will spare you all the details, but our evening at Dl was cut short once again.

Real culprit unknown, was it the burrito? Was it the wings? Not the wings, my Son had no problems with them. Might have been all the salsa on the burrito, but I doubt it. I usually am pretty liberal with salsa and have a pretty much cast iron gut when it comes to spicy, and that salsa was far from spicy. No cast iron gut today my friends, not today. Fortunately, whatever it was, it was through my system pretty quick. Felt ok the next morning.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X