Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

    when i worked at six flags we saw it all the time

  • #2
    Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

    I saw it in Orlando. This guy's kid threw their camera in the water during the temple section of the Jungle Cruise. The dad tried to reach over the side and grab it and he fell in the water. The kid started crying and we had to wait there for 20 minutes while security dealt with him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

      I have not and hope i never do talk about selfish. These people just put others at risk for no reason.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

      DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

        Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
        I have not and hope i never do talk about selfish. These people just put others at risk for no reason.
        same; haven't and hope i don't. i understand wanting your belongings, but too many rides are dark and/or fast and thus pose too much risk. there are more responsible ways to go about getting things, such as talking to a cast member about the possibility of having it be found after close and retrieving it the next day.

        "oh, i just love happy endings!"




        Comment


        • #5
          Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

          Several times.
          The most reckless? On the way out of the Park just before the doors were added to the trams, my daughter and I saw some fool jump out of the tram as it started towards the structure and literally dive under the moving tram to retrieve a half full bottle of water.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

            Originally posted by Rosie Perez View Post
            I saw it in Orlando. This guy's kid threw their camera in the water during the temple section of the Jungle Cruise. The dad tried to reach over the side and grab it and he fell in the water. The kid started crying and we had to wait there for 20 minutes while security dealt with him.
            I have to admit, that sounds like hilarious blooper reel material! :lol:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                The worst part is if someone was injured or killed, the family would treat it like it was Disney's fault.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                No matter where you go, there you are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                  I watched a young boy (around 12 or 13) reach out of the POTC boat to touch an AA, drop his phone in the process, and then jump out of the boat onto the set and grab it and jump back in.

                  His parents were laughing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                    Then, of course, there are these guys that jumped out of Horizons at EPCOT every day for a month and basically lived inside of the ride, staying in there exploring and photographing for entire days at a time while the attraction was actively operating. Crazy stuff.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item



                      ---------- Post added 10-22-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                        Just when I started to think people weren't idiots...

                        Click the banner! ^^^^
                        Follow us on Twitter
                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                          Model citizens. What these selfish lowlifes don't realize or care about is that it is not only themselves that they are risking doing these stupid stunts for either attention or just out of plain stupidity. There are plenty of innocent people who these morons could take out on the way down.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                            Originally posted by fearmeloveme View Post
                            I watched a young boy (around 12 or 13) reach out of the POTC boat to touch an AA, drop his phone in the process, and then jump out of the boat onto the set and grab it and jump back in.

                            His parents were laughing.
                            Are you serious?



                            "So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                            "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                            "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                              Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                              Model citizens. What these selfish lowlifes don't realize or care about is that it is not only themselves that they are risking doing these stupid stunts for either attention or just out of plain stupidity. There are plenty of innocent people who these morons could take out on the way down.
                              And even if you are 1000 miles away, they affect the over-all price when you get to the ticket booth (higher ticket prices to help pay for the lawsuits, to help pay for idiot proofing everything, and to help pay for the never-intended-wear-n-tear costs).
                              *le sigh* where is Willy Wonka when you need him?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                                Wow is it really worth it to do that kind of stuff? Never seen it (except on video), hope I don't see anyone doing it...

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                                  It's a great way to get banned from Disney Parks.

                                  If you drop something just ask a CM when you unload and/or go to the lost and found, instead of being stupid.
                                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                                    Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                                    It's a great way to get banned from Disney Parks.

                                    If you drop something just ask a CM when you unload and/or go to the lost and found, instead of being stupid.
                                    That's so true. They WILL get the item back for you, if it's at all possible. There have been people here who have mentioned getting their lost items back in the mail weeks later, even!

                                    And even if they can't...I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I can't believe people would be so silly as to risk their lives that way. And I hope that anyone who pulls such a stunt on purpose, like the guy who jumped off the Mark Twain, gets banned from the park. How much did he disrupt the day for everyone else, when they had to stop traffic on the river, get security to escort him out, etc.?

                                    Once when I was riding the Disneyland RR, just as the train was about to leave the station, a bag I'd had on the seat next to me somehow slid through the opening at the bottom of the railing (we were in the front row). It landed on the platform. I called to the conductor and he was able to grab it and actually give it back to me before the train took off.
                                    Last edited by Malina; 10-22-2012, 09:09 PM.
                                    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                                      Originally posted by sgtfox View Post
                                      Then, of course, there are these guys that jumped out of Horizons at EPCOT every day for a month and basically lived inside of the ride, staying in there exploring and photographing for entire days at a time while the attraction was actively operating. Crazy stuff.

                                      Okay, I will hate myself for saying this, but that video was cool to watch. Made my stomach churn every time they run through a working scene? Yes. Still cool nonetheless to see things a regular viewer from the vehicle could not? Heck yes.

                                      I have conflicted feelings about that video.

                                      Total Tender Rides: 20
                                      Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                                      Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                                      Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: anyone ever see someone jump off ride to retrieve a lost item

                                        Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                                        Okay, I will hate myself for saying this, but that video was cool to watch. Made my stomach churn every time they run through a working scene? Yes. Still cool nonetheless to see things a regular viewer from the vehicle could not? Heck yes.

                                        I have conflicted feelings about that video.
                                        Me too. As I looked up more info on these guys, I realized that they were trying to document the ride before it closed. I appreciate that, But man, they just went about it the wrong way.
                                        Even tho they were wrong, I still don't put them in the same catagory as the idiot that lost his hat on the JP video, or the moron thrill seeker/show off who jumped off the MT and had friends waiting to film it at the canoes.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X