Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a friend attending a convention purchase our son a convention discounted ticket?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Can a friend attending a convention purchase our son a convention discounted ticket?

Hey all,

My wife and I are AP's that are trying to plan our next trip to DL. Over the weekend we spoke with a friend who will be attending the APHA conference in early November so we mentioned we may as well plan our next DL trip while he is there and we can meet up. Our friend mentioned he could buy our son a discounted ticket (he just turned 3 last month so we didn't need a ticket for him before), however I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. We are not attending the conference but our friend said he is allowed to buy tickets for family and friends.

Seems a little bit iffy and like we may be abusing the discounted ticket price, however if there isn't any issues then we'll have him purchase the ticket and hey, we'll end up spending the 'saved' money on DL merch anyways

Anyone with experience on this?

Re: Can a friend attending a convention purchase our son a convention discounted tick

Have him read the ticket before he buys it?

Comment

Re: Can a friend attending a convention purchase our son a convention discounted tick

Originally posted by Essential View Post
      My wife and I are AP's that are trying to plan our next trip to DL. Over the weekend we spoke with a friend who will be attending the APHA conference in early November so we mentioned we may as well plan our next DL trip while he is there and we can meet up. Our friend mentionedhe could buy our son a discounted ticket (he just turned 3 last month so we didn't need a ticket for him before), however I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. We are not attending the conference but our friend said he is allowed to buy tickets for family and friends.
      I bolded the pertinent parts.

Convention tickets can have a limit on when they can be used, unlike regular tickets good for upto a year. Since the trips coincide it's probably within the limit.

Some conventions limit who can use the tickets. Since he has the ok it's fine.

The last thing to consider is that he can buy people tickets, but not sell them tickets. So if it's a gift it's fine.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X