This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] FP on HMH is gone but the lines not shorter

I remember how much people blame the FP for ruining the lines and making them soo much longer...yet....HMH when I went last week all day was 40-60 mins....now last year I don't remember the lines getting over those times so my question is why can people blame FP for making lines worst when HMH lines are the same as last year with FP...but now I cant get one and just walk on like I used to....

The only time FP can be a problem might be when the parks close early for events and people try to get on right around 7 PM before they get kicked out....but besides this I don't think rides lines would become only 20 mins, like for Space or Indy if FP was gotten rid of.

So please I'd love to hear how HMH does not disprove that FP really does not effect wait times
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: FP on HMH is gone but the lines not shorter

FP is a great system we should be grateful for. Go spend some time in another park and you'll see the difference. The complaints against it have never held water.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      I remember how much people blame the FP for ruining the lines and making them soo much longer...yet....HMH when I went last week all day was 40-60 mins....now last year I don't remember the lines getting over those times so my question is why can people blame FP for making lines worst when HMH lines are the same as last year with FP...but now I cant get one and just walk on like I used to....

The only time FP can be a problem might be when the parks close early for events and people try to get on right around 7 PM before they get kicked out....but besides this I don't think rides lines would become only 20 mins, like for Space or Indy if FP was gotten rid of.

So please I'd love to hear how HMH does not disprove that FP really does not effect wait times
      There may be a number of factors involved such as the time you rode it, how busy the park was, and comparison to last year under the same conditions (did they even have a fastpass for this last year?). Given the same conditions with fastpass your wait could have been 60-90 minutes rather than 40-60 minutes.

From my experience this year, the line was never more than 30 minutes when I waited for it, and I have gone at different times and under different conditions.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Somebody has reported (and someone else confirmed) that FP was active for HMH yesterday ....
        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

It's a good point. The lines for Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion have also been very long at a lot of the Halloween parties, where FP is not available. That would support the idea that the standby queue will be long with or without it.
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

They had FP for HMH on Sunday

Comment

I think that the goals for Fast Pass were/are:

1. Allow guests who have one or two "must-see" attractions to be able to see it (them), thus having a better vacation. We probably all knows folks pre-Fast Pass who complained they couldn't get on Splash or something because the line was too long.
              2. Allow guests to feel that they are avoiding some of the "lines" at the park, the most disliked part of the experience.
              3. Re-routing guests to lower demand time periods for popular attractions, such as around meal times.

Obviously, a ride's hourly capacity isn't increased by Fast Pass, (the Doombuggies cycle through HMH at a specific rate), and so Fast Pass would be expected to increase the wait-time for folks in stand-by, and decrease it for fast pass holders, but for a popular ride . . . it won't do anything to increase the number of guests who can ride it.

I will say that APers, and folks who can easily get/utilize FPs, have a big advantage over the more casual guest that doesn't know how to work the FastPass system.

Comment

Last year HMH got well into the 50 and 60 minute times when we were there. Taking a single visit, or even a couple months of data as evidence isn't going to work here.

You will have to look at daily average wait times plotted out for a whole year in order to cover the peak seasons and seasonal stuff both with and without FP to accurately make a judgment call on the system affecting standby times.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I noticed when I was there and they were turned off the stand by line was horrible. I waited 60 mins for HmH when with FP it's 15-20 mins tops. I appreciate the system and always will. No matter which side of the arguement you are on you can't deny that if you use FP it will help you cut down at least one line or two or more even if you follow the times you get for your return time.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Also, I don't recall anyone saying the existence of FP ruined wait times. That would be a more or less ridiculous claim.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

^From the many years of me being on the site....I've seen many people go after FP saying the system should be taken out...and newer rides should not get FP

Many people love it but many other's say it's unfair and should be left out of the parks, my point is FP really does not effect lines that much..at maz it adds maybe 20 mins to a rides standby line and since I use FP I feel its worth it for any of the new D/E Ticket rides to keep getting FP when built
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

HMH had Fastpass on Saturday. Are you sure they weren't running it when you visited?

Comment

I went last Friday....maybe they were out of them before we got there since we got there around 1ish and Space was already done handing them out

But we had a report from earlier this month saying they did not come back when Halloween time started in September
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                            I went last Friday....maybe they were out of them before we got there since we got there around 1ish and Space was already done handing them out

But we had a report from earlier this month saying they did not come back when Halloween time started in September
                            I can vouch that Fastpass was not available a few weeks ago.
                            Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                              Also, I don't recall anyone saying the existence of FP ruined wait times. That would be a more or less ridiculous claim.
                              You must be new to MiceChat then.

Ever since this site has started, MC officials and nearly every top poster has been adamantly against FastPass. We've had the internet message board version of thermonuclear war about FastPass more than once. The once famous way to describe how FastPass was literally making every attraction's wait time incredibly longer was "zero-sum equation" and they ran with that for years before it was debunked. I remember because I was there on the front lines of its debunking.

Since most people basically settled on "Well I'm against FP but I'll still use it" it's quieter now, but just read the articles on NextGen, XPass, the new FastPass enforcement rules and you'll see the old ever-present anti-FastPass bias dripping throughout. FastPass has never met more hatred in one place than at MiceChat. Don't shoot me, the messenger, for saying so. It's an indisputable fact.

Of course the biggest problem with that has always been that many of the arguments used to hold up the anti-FP view have been wrong. You're seeing yet another example of this now that FastPass isn't on, or at least not always on, during Haunted Mansion Holiday and at best a marginal change in wait times has been seen. This is what we said back in the day. FastPass doesn't double or triple wait times as were the wild accusations thrown around back then. It's a 10% increase at most, and that depends on the actual ride and the CMs managing the merge point.

I'm actually sad to see FastPass not being used during the one time of year where the wait time is long enough where it's use would have some value to people, especially families with kids who have an amazing talent for always needing the restroom when you're the most deep in line possible and basically stuck. Fortunately Mansion's never really that slow, but ask anyone if they'd rather spend an hour stuck in line or an hour exploring the park and doing other things. They'll almost always pick the latter.

I don't know what the future holds in terms of XPass, more elaborate/entertaining queues like MK's Dumbo, or what. As long as my kids and future generations can experience the parks without having the childhood memories that I have of spending HOURS and HOURS stuck in line with nowhere to go and nothing to do but queue shuffle, I'll be happy.
                              Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 10-25-2012, 01:21 AM.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post

Ever since this site has started, MC officials and nearly every top poster has been adamantly against FastPass. We've had the internet message board version of thermonuclear war about FastPass more than once. The once famous way to describe how FastPass was literally making every attraction's wait time incredibly longer was "zero-sum equation" and they ran with that for years before it was debunked. I remember because I was there on the front lines of its debunking.

Since most people basically settled on "Well I'm against FP but I'll still use it" it's quieter now, but just read the articles on NextGen, XPass, the new FastPass enforcement rules and you'll see the old ever-present anti-FastPass bias dripping throughout. FastPass has never met more hatred in one place than at MiceChat. Don't shoot me, the messenger, for saying so. It's an indisputable fact.

Of course the biggest problem with that has always been that many of the arguments used to hold up the anti-FP view have been wrong. You're seeing yet another example of this now that FastPass isn't on, or at least not always on, during Haunted Mansion Holiday and at best a marginal change in wait times has been seen. This is what we said back in the day. FastPass doesn't double or triple wait times as were the wild accusations thrown around back then. It's a 10% increase at most, and that depends on the actual ride and the CMs managing the merge point.

I'm actually sad to see FastPass not being used during the one time of year where the wait time is long enough where it's use would have some value to people, especially families with kids who have an amazing talent for always needing the restroom when you're the most deep in line possible and basically stuck. Fortunately Mansion's never really that slow, but ask anyone if they'd rather spend an hour stuck in line or an hour exploring the park and doing other things. They'll almost always pick the latter.

I don't know what the future holds in terms of XPass, more elaborate/entertaining queues like MK's Dumbo, or what. As long as my kids and future generations can experience the parks without having the childhood memories that I have of spending HOURS and HOURS stuck in line with nowhere to go and nothing to do but queue shuffle, I'll be happy.

LOL @ calling mycroft16 new to MiceChat..

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                                  Uh, I've been around for most of that as well. Was more talking about the recent threads. Not the back in the beginning of MC threads and, shall we say, "heated debates?" I remember many of those and took part in quite a few of them myself actually.

I've been around for quite a while actually.

Comment

I can understand PMMatt thinking mycroft16 is new, having served in the FP wars myself. As long as mycroft has been a member, I'm surprised he does not remember those past arguments.

I find it ironic that the park operators only choose to use FP on HMH when the standby line gets too long.
                                    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

I knew FP didn't cause as big an impact as everyone made it out to be. But I also think it might have to do with FP changing our view on what "too long" of a line is. I remember in the 90s an hour wait for Space was somewhat reasonable. Now I wont attempt lines more than 30 min unless I HAVE to ride it like luigis . I know I'm not the only one who has gotten a lower tolerance for long standby wait times over the years. It must act as a sort of stabilizer that keeps lines consistently at a "sweet spot" that we're comfortable waiting for.
                                      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

I would never want FP taken out. In fact, I use it 95% of the time and may have spoiled my boy into thinking that there are no lines! When he does have to wait in a line...its whining the whole way.

Ta Da!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X