X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkamor
    replied
    Re: Sword in the Stone

What an interesting idea to incorporate a Smart Phone app (hopefully it won't be iPhone only as us Android OS users would <3 an opportunity to enjoy this idea, too) that sends Park Guests on an adventure around the Theme Park ....

I'm going to venture and guess that once the 60th Anniversary for Disneyland occurs in 2015, a "lot of original park guests experiences involving cast members in costume" will return (a Merlin Ceremony for the Sword in the Stone in front of the Carousel is an experience which deserves to be revived even if its not every day) ....

Maybe fans need to create a Merlin Sword in the Stone tshirt (wearing those to Disneyland would certainly deliver an obvious hint) -

C J

Leave a comment:

• wiigirl
    replied

Awesome....I am going to have to try that my next trip.. :P

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORWEN: I want Merlin back!!! Just because they made it so some lucky guest can pull out the sword at random isn't enough! I want back the original ceremony with Merlin there. Anything less just isn't acceptable!!!

Leave a comment:

• RememberMe
    replied

Originally posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
    After reading this thread, I searched for the light during my trip yesterday. Here's a picture of it on at night.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24891[/ATTACH]
    Thanks!! So, there's no ceremony. You just walk up and try to pull it?

Leave a comment:

• PaperCutter92
    replied

After reading this thread, I searched for the light during my trip yesterday. Here's a picture of it on at night.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraAwesomePhoto_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	7345351

Leave a comment:

• Acpisme
    replied

Ah, see I was thinking the wrong side..lol Thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

Originally posted by Acpisme View Post
    So the lights are in the same window as the evil queen?
    Not quite, the lights are in between Peter Pan and Mr. Toad. More so over the Peter Pan exit. The Evil Queen is above the Snow White queue across the way.

Leave a comment:

• Acpisme
    replied

So the lights are in the same window as the evil queen?

Leave a comment:

• BlAcKoUt510
    replied

I'm glad it's working. I'm going to look out for those lights and have my friend do it since I already know the surprise.

I'm sure his look would be priceless if this were to happen :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Experiment 626
    replied

Originally posted by Natenob View Post
    Does red light mean sword is going to stay in stone while green light means it will go up?
    If thats right i am going to stand infront of that sword untill i see a green light!
    +1 on that! lol!

Leave a comment:

• Natenob
    replied

Does red light mean sword is going to stay in stone while green light means it will go up?
    If thats right i am going to stand infront of that sword untill i see a green light!

Leave a comment:

• MSCguy
    replied

Originally posted by DisDreamin View Post
    Can anyone post a pic of this window??

If I remember, it is in the lower left of this window. Its very small, and not really obvious unless you know its there.

Name:	800px-Disneyland_Fantasyland_IMG_3950.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	7345246

Leave a comment:

• DisDreamin
    replied

Originally posted by MSCguy View Post
    lets see if I can remember. If you're standing at the sword, facing the castle, look to your left into an upper window above Peter Pan. Or is it mr toad. In the lower left of the window is a little box with a red light and green light. They had been off forever but now the red light is on. I assume the green goes on when the sword is able to be pulled.

i remember standing in line for Snow White watching the lights thinking "if that goes to green I am so leaping over everyone to get out of here".
    Can anyone post a pic of this window??

Leave a comment:

• bisforbrittney
    replied

i remember standing in line for Snow White watching the lights thinking "if that goes to green I am so leaping over everyone to get out of here".
    hahaha! that would so be something i would think/do.

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

^ That is seriously awesome

Leave a comment:

• LoomisD21
    replied

I have no idea how it works but here's a picture of my 7 year old son pulling the sword out of the stone just last week! I had no idea that it could actually be pulled out and he just wanted to try it b/c we have a picture of he and I trying to pull the sword out 2 years ago on our last visit.

Name:	427828_4359707509054_1577713521_n.jpg
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	7345245

It made his week! He's still telling people about it.

Leave a comment:

• MSCguy
    replied

Originally posted by HM 339 View Post

Where are said lights exactly?
    lets see if I can remember. If you're standing at the sword, facing the castle, look to your left into an upper window above Peter Pan. Or is it mr toad. In the lower left of the window is a little box with a red light and green light. They had been off forever but now the red light is on. I assume the green goes on when the sword is able to be pulled.

Leave a comment:

• HM 339
    replied

Ohhhhh....this all makes me very happy and excited and I hope, hope, hope that I can have the opportunity to watch my kids actually pull the sword out next time that we go; especially with all the other times they've been unable to - it would be "magical", to say the least..

the little activation lights in the window above Peter Pan have been off for the same time.

However, when I was there oct 8-15, The red light was on.
    Where are said lights exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
    As mentioned above, it's an app that is being tested, and the app unlocks the sword.

Hmmm, our friend doesn't have a Sword in the Stone app. I wonder how he was able to pull the sword out. Guess he was just there at the right time;

Ah-HA! Here we go;

Per MSCGuy: "However, when I was there oct 8-15, The red light was on. I asked a Cm if they knew anything about the sword working again, and they said that COMPLETELY AT RANDOM, the sword will be allowed to be pulled out. They also mentioned that there is an iphone app IN THE WORKS, that will have people go through various places in the parks, finding clues, and answering question on the app, that will culminate at the sword, and the final thing will be you pulling out the sword".

(Capitalization is mine.) Thanks MSCGuy-Guess I didn't read your post carefully enough, so despite our friend insisting he IS the rightful King of the Kingdom, he's just some random dude, after all.
    Last edited by Stormy; 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    Hey, one of you local APers-run over to the park right now & give it a tug, then report back.
    As mentioned above, it's an app that is being tested, and the app unlocks the sword.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X