Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Do we overreact to much?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do we overreact to much?

Yeah, I guess the reaction really just depends on the person some are more passionate than others and I would commend you for that. I never visited the parks much at this point and while I LOVE Disney, I also love other theme parks, plus in an situation I'm a half glass full person. While I can't find much good for say the current version of Pirates I'm just happy these attractions are still here, I find it quite easy to "overlook" Sparrow.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

The media often referes to MiceChat as a "Disney watchdog group". You can interpret that however you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        The media often referes to MiceChat as a "Disney watchdog group". You can interpret that however you wish.
        I consider that a compliment.

.........but what do the Disney folks think of us?
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

^there worst nightmare
          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Actually, I'm impressed with how polite most people are on this forum, even with their passions. Although discussions sometimes do turn not so friendly, I also read appologies when someone is called on it, and most people disagree with respect.

So, No, I don't think people here generally over react too much.

But if you don't agree with me, you are WRONG!!!!!!

jk
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
              Actually, I'm impressed with how polite most people are on this forum, even with their passions. Although discussions sometimes do turn not so friendly, I also read appologies when someone is called on it, and most people disagree with respect.

So, No, I don't think people here generally over react too much.

But if you don't agree with me, you are WRONG!!!!!!

jk
              As the great Voltaire said "I might not agree with what you say I will defend to the death your right to say it." If that quote was good enough to Thomas Jefferson, it's good enough for me.

"THAT'S R

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                B is an example of a great post. What I consider overreacting would be situation C:
                "I just went on PotC last night and I am FUMING! Not only did they put more crappy movie-related stuff in the ride by adding a mermaid light effect, but now the music is COMPLETELY different and it throws off the ENTIRE ride. There is no point in riding this anymore! They can't even keep the fog levels in the battle scene consistent! Who is running these things these days?! No matter how many refurbs this abomination goes through it'll never been enough unless they get rid of Captain Crap Sparrow."

These don't benefit anyone unless you consider the catharsis beneficial. Yelling doesn't fix the problem, nor does it give that person any credibility. Opponents of change don't have to and shouldn't keep quiet, but there's definitely a way to say what you want to say without sounding extremely loathing.
                Meaning no disrespect, I think that's completely backwards. The issue of "credibility" is Disney's responsibility, not their customers'. They're the multibillion dollar corporation who claim to have the #1 premium theme park product on the planet. They're the ones who charge (and upcharge) ever-higher prices. Disney's customers deserve to have Disney deliver on their own hype. And when they don't, the customers have every right to be furious. The idea that the Disney customer needs to avoid "overreacting" and that the Disney Corporation deserves to be treated with kid gloves because of a heritage that they themselves trash with every new upcharge is ludicrous and anti-consumer. It's not up to the customer to "fix the problem," it's up to Disney to deliver what their heritage, their hype, and their high prices promise.
                Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-26-2012, 07:30 AM.
                "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                until Thor told it to me."
                -
                Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
                  Definitely. Most little things on here are overreactions.
                  Problem is, those "little things" always add up. We call it "decling by degrees" around here.

What you call "overreactions" are entirely legitimate criticisms from people who have seen the results of decline by degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                    Meaning no disrespect, I think that's completely backwards. The issue of "credibility" is Disney's responsibility, not their customers'. They're the multibillion dollar corporation who claim to have the #1 premium theme park product on the planet. They're the ones who charge (and upcharge) ever-higher prices. Disney's customers deserve to have Disney deliver on their own hype. And when they don't, the customers have every right to be furious. The idea that the Disney customer needs to avoid "overreacting" and that the Disney Corporation deserves to be treated with kid gloves because of a heritage that they themselves trash with every new upcharge is ludicrous and anti-consumer. It's not up to the customer to "fix the problem," it's up to Disney to deliver what their heritage, their hype, and their high prices promise.
                    Telling it like it is.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I think we react more with an appropriate passionate manner rather than overreact. Those who have overreacted have been dealt with. And there's gonna be more Disney news in which we react with passion. I can hardly wait for it.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Meh.
                        Some people think any reaction is an overreaction.

Take this thread, for example...

Comment

My OP might have shown that and maybe it was, I guess since my history teacher has my class doing some serious debates I figured it would be an interesting topic to talk about. Reading different posts and seeing others reactions I had my fair share in the duration take my Mission Space 2 post. As others said some are more passionate than others and maybe I'm a bit less than others, some have seen more changes than I did since I first became a Disney fan.

"THAT'S R

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                            B is an example of a great post. What I consider overreacting would be situation C:
                            "I just went on PotC last night and I am FUMING! Not only did they put more crappy movie-related stuff in the ride by adding a mermaid light effect, but now the music is COMPLETELY different and it throws off the ENTIRE ride. There is no point in riding this anymore! They can't even keep the fog levels in the battle scene consistent! Who is running these things these days?! No matter how many refurbs this abomination goes through it'll never been enough unless they get rid of Captain Crap Sparrow."
                            That's not over reacting. That's Bat Sh*t Crazy.
                            I have seen some of those posts & try to ignore them. There was one about a broken effect in a certain non original dark ride in Fantasyland. The poster was "postal" and the entry was very memorable & makes the above comment look mild. Every time we enjoy that attraction we always comment about that effect & the importance of it working.
                            Morticia & I always have a good laugh. Now when something goes awry in life, we just mention the name of that effect & it makes the problem less important.
                            Even the bat sh*t crazy posts can have a positive effect.
                            Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

Yes, yes we do. We are fans. Fan is short for fanatic. That's just what fans do, they overreact. Nothing wrong with it. Some opinions might see a wee bit absurd to the casual Disney guest, that's understandable. Overreactions are always good for interesting conversations at least.

Comment

Yeah, it's all just nostalgia.

Nostalgia for imagination, creativity, originality, immersiveness, character, humor, beauty, style, setting, detail, interactivity and uniqueness. Those tired old concepts are so 1960s.

But who needs any of that anyway, when you have visceral thrills, million-dollar special effects and imported movies, characters, pop trends and theme park trends.

Comment

I'd say, there's more over-dramatic critiques on here than anything.

Comment

Not only do you overreact, but there is WAY too much complaining going on. If you keep in mind what P.T. Barnum said about being able to please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time, just figure all of you will never always be happy all the time. That's life?

Comment

Yes

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob Weaver;1056858059]Yeah, it's all just nostalgia.

Nostalgia for imagination, creativity, originality, immersiveness, character, humor, beauty, style, setting, detail, interactivity and uniqueness. Those tired old concepts are so 1960s.

But who needs any of that anyway, when you have visceral thrills, million-dollar special effects and imported movies, characters, pop trends and theme park trends.[/QUOTE

Now I'm not getting there, I'm one who despises sheer thrill rides myself you couldn't give me anything to get me on the Goliath in Busche Gardens. I'm not be happy with some of the stuff going on, I just thought it would be an interesting topic I'm not bashing anyone for being nostalgic in fact the people I know still question when I was really born.

"THAT'S R

Comment

Yes and no. Not everyone here has the same passions. But when we come together, it can seem like we are a screaming hive-mind of disney haters ). But that isn't the case.

For example, I HATE the idea of next gen but dont mind movie tie-ins. Someone may be the complete opposite. Some may love both. Individually, I don't think any of us on this site really overreact. We each probably have a few different things we hate and eventually it seems that all of micechat hates everything disney.
                                          In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Working...
                                          X