This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Looking for information: 35th Anniversary Tickets

Every year the school I teach at does a silent auction to raise funds. Parents are asked to donate items of value to help with the event. This year a parent donated this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the question that has us all stumped. Besides the obvious fact it is tickets matted and framed for display, what is it? And then, is it worth anything?

Re: Looking for information: 35th Anniversary Tickets

Those are the commemorative Dream Machine ticket stubs. Looks like a complete set too. They were given with tickets as people entered the turn styles.

Comment

that was the big machine in the hub and the car would rise out of right?????
      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I turn to the great Werner Weiss to explain this better than I can.

"35 Years of Magic" at Yesterland

You have a complete set of the tickets (one of each character) from this promotion. What's it worth? The answer is somewhat of a tautology: a collectible is worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it. There are people who collect old tickets from concerts and such, but it's a small niche. Even among DL fans, your biggest selling point will probably be the fact that it's a complete set, framed and matted. If it was me, I'd start by charging $35, one for each ticket/year.
          Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
          Charter Member

Comment

Originally posted by elsa View Post
            Here's the question that has us all stumped. Besides the obvious fact it is tickets matted and framed for display, what is it? And then, is it worth anything?
            I'd bid, so it has some value.

I'd look up the tickets on Ebay to value them, add the cumulative, and cost of framing. Use that as the minimum if the price is appropiate to the event. Let the bids give it a premium value for the collection. Although it's possible you will find this same exact item on Ebay.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. The yesterland article was interesting, and really left me wanting more information as I do not remember this at all for some reason. I know we went that year, but I can not remember any of this promotion. We're still not sure where to go with it since it is such specialized audience who would be interested. I did find individual ticket going for about $5.00 on ebay. But then the ebay marketplace can sometimes be unreliable for an actual value.

Thanks again!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X