X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Candlelight narrators announced

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'd put money on it that happens in a year. Because it means more seats to charge for.
    That is a bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
      That is a bingo.
      ..and more money for Disney.....

do the narrators do a appearance fee? just wondering..

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
        i know right!?? that is why i dread even being near main st when the candle parade is going on!

I pretty much avaoid these days as well for the logistical nightmare they cause. Plus they don't appeal to me either.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

I'd put money on it that happens in a year. Because it means more seats to charge for.
          Wait..the Candlelight Processional became a charged event?! It's not just an event that happens on those days at that time for anyone who is in the park?

Ta Da!

Comment

If one cannot get tix to a seated area, where does one stand?
            Also, does the processional start where the parade starts? I just don't want to be stuck on MS. I will let the fans have my seat, but I would like to view part of it from SWMall (I assume the the narrartor can be heard at many places thru the park and that the processional starts like a parade.)
            Thx in advance for confirmation/answers!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
              Wait..the Candlelight Processional became a charged event?! It's not just an event that happens on those days at that time for anyone who is in the park?
              In EPCOT they have a small theater stadium they use where you pay one way or another to get into it. They have done it there with many showing per year.

Strictly speaking the Processional is free, it runs in Epcot into the theater and in DL down the parade route or Main Street. Candlelight Processional is often used in reference to the whole event. In reality CP is just half of the event. The other half is the Candlelight Ceremony where the narrator speaks and the chorus sings.

In DL they do pay for seating, and free viewing around the outside since it's on "the steps' of the Train Station. The free viewing is mostly highly obstucted viewing on the fringe and down Main Street.

Dinner packages and other packages is how they sell most of the seating.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                ..and more money for Disney.....

do the narrators do a appearance fee? just wondering..
                So odd that you asked this today, cuz I was doing some research on this topic.

Yes, they do. But some celebs give it to a charity. I don't know who gives away what, except for Miss Ringwald, it goes straight to her charity. And if a celeb pockets it, NO ONE should chastise them for it (since it is a pay check just like we would throw it into our pockets).

Comment

In EPCOT they have a small theater stadium they use where you pay one way or another to get into it. They have done it there with many showing per year.

Strictly speaking the Processional is free, it runs in Epcot into the theater and in DL down the parade route or Main Street. Candlelight Processional is often used in reference to the whole event. In reality CP is just half of the event. The other half is the Candlelight Ceremony where the narrator speaks and the chorus sings.

In DL they do pay for seating, and free viewing around the outside since it's on "the steps' of the Train Station. The free viewing is mostly highly obstucted viewing on the fringe and down Main Street.

Dinner packages and other packages is how they sell most of the seating.

Ah ok, now I'm remembering the time when Jon Voight spoke, we were on the outside, not the seating area. And the time before that...we just happen to be on Main Street when it started going down the street. But that was back in 2006.

Ta Da!

Comment

If you read in between the lines on the blog post and the reply comments it looks like the 1st and 2nd December performances are going to be on main street. They were very careful note the differences... wording was very very careful.

My guess is that the rest of them (Annual passholder ones) will be either in the fantasy land theater if they are able to finish that up in time or the festival area. I would bet that they wouldn't have a full orchestra either, but who knows they might.

Comment

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                      If one cannot get tix to a seated area, where does one stand?
                      Also, does the processional start where the parade starts? I just don't want to be stuck on MS. I will let the fans have my seat, but I would like to view part of it from SWMall (I assume the the narrartor can be heard at many places thru the park and that the processional starts like a parade.)
                      Thx in advance for confirmation/answers!

In the past the first Processional was down the parade route ending in Town Square, then a repeat performance was truncated. The chorus goes out of Town Square by the Opera house where parades exit. Then for the second run they go down Main Street only, coming back onstage by the Little Red Wagon.

The narration is only heard in Town Square.

If you don't get seat I mentioned this above you can view on the fringe of Town Square and on Main Street. Keep in mind there are lot of trees, including a Christmas Tree on the street sie of Main Street.

It's hard to get stuck anywhere and this is much less a crowding or access problem than people complain about. The set up crowd control just like during parades where you go down the access ways formed along the edge of the street. A inconvenience sure but that's all. A small problem that guests deal with every afternoon in Disneyland.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanthus View Post
                        If you read in between the lines on the blog post and the reply comments it looks like the 1st and 2nd December performances are going to be on main street. They were very careful note the differences... wording was very very careful.

My guess is that the rest of them (Annual passholder ones) will be either in the fantasy land theater if they are able to finish that up in time or the festival area. I would bet that they wouldn't have a full orchestra either, but who knows they might.
                        I just asked the question to Erin Glover on the blog if the performances after Dec 2nd are going to be held elsewhere, let's see if she actually answers the question....:lol:

Comment

No Michael York? Bummer...

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                            I just asked the question to Erin Glover on the blog if the performances after Dec 2nd are going to be held elsewhere, let's see if she actually answers the question....:lol:
                            She just responded that all CP's will take place in Town Square.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly123 View Post
                              She just responded that all CP's will take place in Town Square.
                              Well, that clears that up, 20 days of Town Square mess.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tanthus View Post

On a previous blog they said all the shows this year would be on main street and around the train station.... If I can find the previous quote I'll add it later.

---------- Post added 10-26-2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

:lol: Well now I don't have to go look for it! Thats what I get for coming in after a 12+ hour day and not reading all the way to the end before I responded....

Carry on... :whistling:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I'm going to say the same thing I said a few months ago about Club 33: I'm glad I got to see this back when it was special. :crybye:
                                  Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                  Charter Member

Comment

lou diamon phillips. i like that so far. and dick van is the other person that are interested to me in my opinion. tthat is my pro. the con, mainstreet will be full.

Comment

I have the recording of this show with James Earl Jones - sort of hard to top that. His voice is just lovely.
                                      ___________________________________________

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                                      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
                                      ____________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
                                        the president on 24 and the All State commercial guy.
                                        More importantly, he was Pedro Cerrano in Major League. If he did his narration in character this event may actually be worth seeing.
                                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                          More importantly, he was Pedro Cerrano in Major League. If he did his narration in character this event may actually be worth seeing.
                                          "Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball".

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X