X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA needs a Halloween Maze!

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The beauty of this idea is DCA could have a night time event (when it's closed anyway) and you still have Walt's park, Disneyland that's maze-free.
    But not Halloween free...

---------- Post added 10-27-2012 at 12:57 AM ----------

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Mater and the Ghost Light.
    Now this I like...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I hate when people say go to Knotts...Disney makes the BEST attractions..so in theory should also make the best mazes...i would love to see Disney makes some mazes based off...Nightmare before Christmas, the Great Mouse Detective, maybe even a Villains lair...would be sooo detailed and so much fun.

But yeah...kids don't like getting scared...like they used to....cause you know they don't tell scary storys at kids camps....or make scary movies for teens....and heck I'm sure no younger kids like my brother and his friends like going to horror...nights
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

There were rumors of plans to do a scary and teen/adult oriented, but still family friendly event at Disney Hollywood Studios. The event would feature characters and attractions based on Tim Burton's Disney films. However with DHS supposedly getting their version of Cars Land, a Monsters Inc. attraction, and their annual Osborn Christmas Spectacle there are concerns of doing too much at once.

Comment

A maze sounds like fun - I like it

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Disney has carved out a nice niche for itself with the not scary, family version of the Halloween events. I don't think they should change that just to be like everyone else in the industry.

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
            Now I know you people are like "Oooh Disneyland Resort is for kids & Families" But not all the time. DCA has A LOT of beer in mostly every land which is 21+ I can't even buy any
            The sale of alcohol does not equate to non-family friendly. Chuck E Cheese sells beer also and don't think there is anyone in their right mind arguing that place is aimed at adults.

Originally posted by cruise View Post
            I fail to see how ONE maze suddenly makes DCA unattendable for those who don't like Halloween scares. People who don't enjoy roller coasters seem to do just fine at the park already, despite the overwhelming presence of coasters.
            The two coasters that CA Adventure has is an "overwhelming presence"?
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

It's quite an exaggeration to imply a DCA night time event means Disney is just like everybody else in the industry.

Imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean maze, it could be scary without being gory, which would set Disney's mazes apart from the competition.

Comment

It would be awesome to see the mazes based on the original concept art for Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. Both attractions were originally supposed to be walkthroughs. PotC was originally a wax museum and HM was to be like a more traditional haunted house. Also, Haunted Mansion was originally supposed to feature characters from a variety of Disney films including villains from the animated films, the ghosts from the Lonesome Ghosts short, and a "weird" museum.

Comment

Guys, mazes don't need to be scary. Look at Dominion of the Dead. That maze is hardly scary at all, in fact it creates a unique environment. If Disney can follow that formula I welcome any and all mazes to come to both Disneyland and DCA.

Comment

^do you mean gory, because the mazes main purpose is to be scary?If so I agree with you, it doesn't even have to have live actors. It could just be a creepy walkthrough with a couple of animatronics, similar to pirate island.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
                      nightmare before Christmas
                      Haunted theatre
                      bigfoot theme(red creek challenge trail)
                      Haunted ccabin ttheme
                      theme somewhat similar to mystic manor
                      Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                      But not Halloween free...

---------- Post added 10-27-2012 at 12:57 AM ----------

Now this I like...
                      Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
                      It would be awesome to see the mazes based on the original concept art for Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. Both attractions were originally supposed to be walkthroughs. PotC was originally a wax museum and HM was to be like a more traditional haunted house. Also, Haunted Mansion was originally supposed to feature characters from a variety of Disney films including villains from the animated films, the ghosts from the Lonesome Ghosts short, and a "weird" museum.
                      Really cool ideas!

Comment

DCA would definitely be the better choice for a Halloween event (scary-wise) now that I think about it. There're so many endless possibilities there for a PG-13 Scary Farm-like event. Grizzly River Run could easily incorporate scare actors in addition to some pretty gnarly special effects. Imagine an abandoned gold mine filled with the ghosts of miners and some mutant grizzlies affected by the gases used by miners in their exploits. A legitimately scary carnival spook house could make its way into Paradise Pier, and a villain-based World of Color could premiere during every event. The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail could also host a maze in addition to one of the empty sound stages, if not both.

And can you imagine if one half of Hollywood Land was overtaken by public domain silent movie monsters (Nosferatu, Thomas Edison's Frankenstein Monster, the vampire from London After Midnight, etc.) and then the other half was ruled by various fiends from the Twilight Zone? It'd be great to have zombie takeover on Buena Vista Street.
                        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          It's quite an exaggeration to imply a DCA night time event means Disney is just like everybody else in the industry.
                          All the other events go for the "scare" factor. If Disney moves in that direction, how is that not being like everyone else in the industry?

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                          Guys, mazes don't need to be scary. Look at Dominion of the Dead. That maze is hardly scary at all, in fact it creates a unique environment. If Disney can follow that formula I welcome any and all mazes to come to both Disneyland and DCA.
                          Since when does Disney need to follow anyone else's formula? There was a time when Disney had the formula to be followed.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I feel that Disney should compete in the Halloween market as a family-friendly event. Even a maze that would try to not be scary would most likely scare many kids. I think Disney should continue what it's doing as the choice for family-friendly Halloween entertainment. You have Knott's Scary Farm minutes away and Universal Horror Nights in Los Angeles, it just wouldn't be lucrative for Disney to try and create a maze.
                            Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
                              DCA would definitely be the better choice for a Halloween event (scary-wise) now that I think about it. There're so many endless possibilities there for a PG-13 Scary Farm-like event. Grizzly River Run could easily incorporate scare actors in addition to some pretty gnarly special effects. Imagine an abandoned gold mine filled with the ghosts of miners and some mutant grizzlies affected by the gases used by miners in their exploits. A legitimately scary carnival spook house could make its way into Paradise Pier, and a villain-based World of Color could premiere during every event. The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail could also host a maze in addition to one of the empty sound stages, if not both.

And can you imagine if one half of Hollywood Land was overtaken by public domain silent movie monsters (Nosferatu, Thomas Edison's Frankenstein Monster, the vampire from London After Midnight, etc.) and then the other half was ruled by various fiends from the Twilight Zone? It'd be great to have zombie takeover on Buena Vista Street.

:thumbup:
                              [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/9sJg2J2bk6ai8fMUma3drGycHU3G-GqVCF5cB83E0uwD*tO-YuFqnwJdA3bIHHeTngMSNUWHoAChEG6NU5cNh6NXb4JqI548/shatner_twilight_zone7198711.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                All the other events go for the "scare" factor. If Disney moves in that direction, how is that not being like everyone else in the industry?

Since when does Disney need to follow anyone else's formula? There was a time when Disney had the formula to be followed.
                                I know we don't always agree on issues, but this is just undeniably spot on.
                                :clap:

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Thats like saying Walt followed the seedy carnivals of his day by going for a "fun" factor. There are many approaches to similar goals. They would be creating their own formula to tackle "scare." I think most people here calling for Disney to try their hand at some scares want to see them do it differently than everyone else.

Some suggested pg-13 scares which is not yet offered by anyone.
                                  Some suggested Highly themed, high quality environments which imo is not yet offered by anyone.
                                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Disney has carved out a nice niche for itself with the not scary, family version of the Halloween events. I don't think they should change that just to be like everyone else in the industry.
                                    Disney certainly has carved out a nice niche with its family-oriented Halloween offerings at Disneyland, but DCA doesn't offer much for Halloween at this point. This space (DCA) could be used to capitalize on the "scary-Halloween" market without forfeiting the family friendly market that is catered to at Disneyland. Disney has a second park and here is a way to use it! I know I'd kill to walk through a haunted 1290's horror movie set, or wander through the simulated hallways of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Just because Disney has cornered one niche market, doesn't mean they can't add on another.

The two coasters that CA Adventure has is an "overwhelming presence"?
                                    I guess I was speaking to the resort in general. But DCA sure offers a lot of thrills, and there are a good-many non-thrillseekers that still enjoy themselves there. I mean the real take away here is that people can enjoy themselves in a theme park despite the presence of singular attractions that they may not appreciate.

Just look at House of Horrors at USH... its open year round yet doesn't dissuade the family crowd.
                                    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

I voted no because I am not fan of those type of attractions however I could see having one in the old millionare building. Tucked away enough to not change the environment too much.
                                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Why not, if it is in DCA. Paris has a haunt event at the Studio's. If it was inside a building that had nothing scary on the out side sure. Give it a price like $10 like mazes that are lone standing in malls or other places. Then it can have an age limit anyone under the age of 14 needs to be with a parent. that way it's up to the parent if there kid could handle it.
                                        I've worked mazes and haunts and am surprised when parents bring little kids (under 7) that some of them know its fake and have no fear.
                                        Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

To add some more (btw I'd want these to be temporary walkthroughs not with actors)
                                          hades (Hercules)
                                          paradise pier funhouse
                                          frankenweenie
                                          haunted theatre

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X