This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News ambulance at the tram station

I just boarded the tram at the m&f station. There were paramedics and an ambulance at the station. The ambulance just left with the sirens on. I don't have any details.

Re: ambulance at the tram station

Scary.

Comment

It's good that Disney "allows" ambulances with sirens, at least outside the Park itself. Sure hope the person is OK.

Comment

IMG_2594 by socal_ron, on Flickr

I just took one quick picture from a respectful distance.

Comment

Wow, hope that person is okay.
          sigpic

Comment

Just normal operation. They always try to get the ambulance as close as possible to where it is needed. Sometimes that is right there at the spot it's needed, sometimes backstage somewhere.

And an ambulance doesn't really need a siren backstage, so why leve it on?

Comment

I've never heard of Disney not letting an ambulance with a siren around.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                I've never heard of Disney not letting an ambulance with a siren around.
                I'd read something a long time ago about Disney sorta trying to "hush" emergency stuff -- so as to not alarm other guests, and break the "theme". Not sure if that's the case any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                  I'd read something a long time ago about Disney sorta trying to "hush" emergency stuff -- so as to not alarm other guests, and break the "theme". Not sure if that's the case any more.
                  Most attractions do that, whether they're theme parks, museums, et al. In Disney's case they might want to preserve the whole "happiest place in the world, nothing bad happens here!" theme, but most places would do the same. We'd all probably be really surprised by the sheer number of medical emergencies that happen at any park/hotel/etc. every year.

Why? Lots of reasons. For one thing, people tend to gather at accident/incident scenes -- trainwreck syndrome and all -- and that can make it hard for the EMTs to get in there, work or move the patient. For another, the patient's privacy is an issue -- you wouldn't want a whole bunch of strangers staring you down if you were ill or injured. For another, there's really no need FOR the public to know if Guest X had a heart attack or seizure or fell down. Plus, it's really easy for misinformation to circulate...you also don't want guests getting the wrong information and panicking. It makes a lot of sense.

With this incident I hope the person was OK.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                    Most attractions do that, whether they're theme parks, museums, et al. In Disney's case they might want to preserve the whole "happiest place in the world, nothing bad happens here!" theme, but most places would do the same. We'd all probably be really surprised by the sheer number of medical emergencies that happen at any park/hotel/etc. every year.

Why? Lots of reasons. For one thing, people tend to gather at accident/incident scenes -- trainwreck syndrome and all -- and that can make it hard for the EMTs to get in there, work or move the patient. For another, the patient's privacy is an issue -- you wouldn't want a whole bunch of strangers staring you down if you were ill or injured. For another, there's really no need FOR the public to know if Guest X had a heart attack or seizure or fell down. Plus, it's really easy for misinformation to circulate...you also don't want guests getting the wrong information and panicking. It makes a lot of sense.

With this incident I hope the person was OK.
                    And in general, particularly fire crews, emergency services get to say that's nice but too bad if they disagree with a request by disney to stay back. But let's not make it seem like Disney's really trying to keep emergency crews out, they have very good working relationships with all the departments to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                      And in general, particularly fire crews, emergency services get to say that's nice but too bad if they disagree with a request by disney to stay back. But let's not make it seem like Disney's really trying to keep emergency crews out, they have very good working relationships with all the departments to my knowledge.
                      Please read my post again, I didn't say that at all. What I said was that Disney, like other attractions, is going to keep emergencies as quiet as possible for the guests to minimize interference and give the EMTs etc. room to work.

That doesn't mean they're keeping EMTs out; quite the opposite. It does mean that they will clear an area and won't necessarily tell the average passerby what is going on.
                      Last edited by Malina; 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM.
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X