Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAND OPENING: Earl of Sandwich, Friday, Nov. 2nd.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News GRAND OPENING: Earl of Sandwich, Friday, Nov. 2nd.

According to an OC Register article citing a Disneyland official the new Earl of Sandwich will officially open on Friday, November 2nd but will likely soft open before that.

Will you be there?

Full article: Earl of Sandwich at DTD To Open Next Week
    ***** - Super Duper Excitred
    28.77%
    **** - Super Excited
    9.59%
    *** - Duper Excited
    4.11%
    ** - Relatively Excited
    20.55%
    * - Meh
    36.99%
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Re: GRAND OPENING: Earl of Sandwich, Friday, Nov. 2nd.

Might check that out in a few weeks........
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome we fly in Nov 1st!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
      We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
      Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

I will be there waiting for the doors to open
        Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

I love EoS - found them on a trip to DW and was WOW !
          Been wanting one to come DL for so long. I am very happy !
          Now if they would only open one in Phoenix.........

Gold Mickey says:
          Woo Hoo ! and Welcome to Disneyland !

Comment

Will I be waiting there with bells on? LOL, of course not.
            I'm happy that the space will be filled with a popular tenant, but sandwiches in DTD is not something to get worked up about. They're about the same price as Subway/Quiznos et al, so for me the only novelty is being able to get food at real-world prices on Disney property.
            Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
              I'm happy that the space will be filled with a popular tenant, but sandwiches in DTD is not something to get worked up about. They're about the same price as Subway/Quiznos et al, so for me the only novelty is being able to get food at real-world prices on Disney property.
              LOL! you obviously have not tried these sandwiches before because you cannot compare them to subway or quiznos. They are so much better then that....

Comment

I pay big bucks on EoS and I really hate spending money. That's how good it is. Quiznos and Subway have nothing on EoS.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Soft opening is tomorrow!!!!!
                  I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                  - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                    EoS is and will be much more than a popular tenant. EoS is gonna knock the socks off the other dining establishments at DTD/hotels. The relative low price is only going to boost it's popularity. I spit on Subway/Quiznos. It might sound sensationalized but EoS sandwiches are seriously amaze-balls!

Of course, that's based on my experiences. I understand, however unlikely, people may not like and/or be excited for EoS. Im just saying... give peace a chance. ;-)

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                    Soft opening is tomorrow!!!!!
                    Thanks for the update! So pumped.

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

Also, I can only assume the people who vote "meh" have never had the honor of enjoying such a noble sandwich as those served by the Earl.
                    Last edited by WRDup; 10-28-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post

Also, I can only assume the people who vote "meh" have never had the honor of enjoying such a noble sandwich as those served by the Earl.
                      You assumed wrongly about me.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

fly in on Friday and I know where my lunch will be! LOVE this at WDW. This is part of our trip every year down there (many times multiple visits).
                        Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                          You assumed wrongly about me.
                          So, you just don't like it? I find this fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                            So, you just don't like it? I find this fascinating.
                            Again wrong. I've had thier sandwiches many times. No more reason for me to get excited about it than if Taco Bell was moving into DTD.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Again wrong. I've had thier sandwiches many times. No more reason for me to get excited about it than if Taco Bell was moving into DTD.
                              Did you say Taco Bell was moving into DTD. I'm there...when....where....99 cent bean burritos....

I'm curious since I've never had EoS before and with all the talk here I will have to try them on my next visit. I wouldn't say I'm excited because I've never been.
                              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Okay, I've been listening to people kvell about this place for months now, both here and on the WDW board. I live up north and we don't have Earl up here, so I have to ask. What's so special about this place? What can you do to a sandwich that makes it that good? (In fairness, I said the same thing about Krispy Kreme, replacing "sandwich" w/ "donut.")
                                Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                Charter Member

Comment

lol. You're talking to the wrong guy because I also happen to love Taco Bell (for very different reasons). But geez... you're practically making me beg for a proper explanation. Out with it already. What's not exciting, specifically, about EoS? For that matter what's your beef with Taco Bell? What would excite you (food wise) if it were announced to be opening at DTD? Why?

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                                  Did you say Taco Bell was moving into DTD. I'm there...when....where....99 cent bean burritos....

I'm curious since I've never had EoS before and with all the talk here I will have to try them on my next visit. I wouldn't say I'm excited because I've never been.
                                  Your life is about to change. jk. But maybe. I find the EoS to be extraordinarily delicious, perfectly filling, satisfyingly diverse (for sandwiches), and adequately priced. For me, it's a win-win-win. After you try it I'd like to know what you think.

There's also an EoS at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas which is way closer to me than traveling all the way to WDW DTD. My family (are fortunate enough to be bale to) make frequent trips to Vegas and always schedule a meal at the Earl.

Comment

Why have I never heard of the Earl of Sandwich, ever, until these news reports. I mean I knew a place called Earl of Sandwich was showing up at DTD but I've never heard of the place. I"m very curious now and will definantly go check it out this weekend.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                                      Why have I never heard of the Earl of Sandwich, ever, until these news reports. I mean I knew a place called Earl of Sandwich was showing up at DTD but I've never heard of the place. I"m very curious now and will definantly go check it out this weekend.
                                      I am with you. I never heard of the place until the announcement came onto Mice Chat and people were raving about it. They must be some awfully darn good sandwiches!!
                                      I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                                      - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Will it make ESPN Zone or RFC less crowded? I might be more inclined to grab a monorail to DtD if it were .....
                                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X