This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Mickeys Halloween Party Friday the 26th

I attended the Mickey's Halloween Party on Friday the 26th. After reading some of the bad reports here I was a bit disheartened. However, I was determined to go into that event with a plan, such as a suggestion I saw here on the boards to start at Candy Treat Trails from the back of the park and work your way up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7554.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	7369889

I got there around 6pm. There was no line to get into the parking lot. At this point, my kid finally figured out where we were going. It was surprise for him. There were no tram lines at all, we got right on a tram. There was no wait at the gate to enter. It was a bit crowded when we first entered but I really believe that is because they were cattling out the non-event people.

I deployed my plan of starting at the back of the park. I had intended to start at Fantasyland and the petting zoo area but we ended up first hitting Frontierland at the Golden Horseshoe. We walked into the Candy Trail outside of Golden Horseshoe which led us inside the building where the decorations were pretty cool

Name:	DSCF7557.JPG
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	7369890

Name:	DSCF7558.JPG
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	7369891

Name:	DSCF7559.JPG
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	7369892

I would have liked to have stayed to see the piano performer but we had more to do. That Candy Trail was 4 stations including the one outside the building. Bags were already starting to get full.

We then hit Thunder Mtn (wait time of 15 minutes) for a quick ride.

After Thunder Mtn, we took a picture with Peter and Wendy who were situated next to the entrance of the Mark Twain.

Name:	DSCF7563.JPG
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	7369913

Then we headed to Pirates (wait time was 10 minutes, it was around 8:30pm at this point). Then we walked through New Orleans Square to end up at the Candy Trail by Haunted Mansion. This was another set of 3 stations. It was time to bring out our extra bags.

We went back to the front of Pirates for the Candy Trail along the Rivers of America and caught the Cadaver Dans.

Name:	DSCF7572.JPG
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	7369893

Then we looped around Haunted Mansion towards Critter Country. The line for HM was the second longest line in the park at 30 minutes (Space Mountain was the longest as I will address later). So we decided to skip that for the time being and after visiting the restrooms and getting something to eat at Hungry Bear, we decided to ride Splash Mtn. It was as walk on as walk on can get, meaning, we walked through the entire queue then literally stepped into a log. So Splash Mountain wait time, uh...the 3 minutes it took to walk through the queue.

After Splash we turned and walked back toward Haunted Mansion where the wait was now 20 minutes long (however, I believe it was closer to between 10 and 15) and rode that. I loved the addition of Sparky in the Pet Cemetary.

Name:	DSCF7579.JPG
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	7369888

Name:	DSCF7590.JPG
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	7369895

Name:	DSCF7594.JPG
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	7369896

Name:	DSCF7589.JPG
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	7369894

Name:	DSCF7598.JPG
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	7369897

Name:	DSCF7601.JPG
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	7369898

Name:	DSCF7602.JPG
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	7369899

Name:	DSCF7607.JPG
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	7369900

Name:	DSCF7617.JPG
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	7369901

Name:	DSCF7620.JPG
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	7369902

Name:	DSCF7634.JPG
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	7369903

Name:	DSCF7635.JPG
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	7369904

Name:	DSCF7637.JPG
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	7369905

Name:	DSCF7642.JPG
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	7369906

Name:	DSCF7663.JPG
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	7369907

Name:	DSCF7664.JPG
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	7369908

Name:	DSCF7670.JPG
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	7369909

Name:	DSCF7672.JPG
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	7369910

Name:	DSCF7673.JPG
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	7369911

Name:	DSCF7674.JPG
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	7369912

Then we headed back around Matterhorn to Tomorrowland Stage area. Upon arriving at Tomorrowland some in our party decided to sit and watch the dancing. They had a DJ and Buzz and the Army men were getting their groove on.

Overall review on the two main issues brought up in the past:

Castmembers:
    The CM's were super nice at all candy stations we visited and all around. Some tried to guess who I was and all had a smile on their face. Not one rude one in the bunch. I did notice that at candy stations there were separate CM's with red vests and flashlights pointing them at guests' wrists to make sure that they had their wristbands. They were a bit serious and had to get up close and personal sometimes to check all wristbands. I just made sure my wrist was visible to save them time. But I had zero problems with CM's (which is usual for me).

Candy Distribution:
    We walked out of there with
    6 BIG bags (and I mean shopping type reusable bags) full of candy. There was only 1 child in our group of 5. The CM's were generous with candy. Even my 62 year old father who wasn't dressed up got a big bag full of candy. Thank goodness we have a birthday party coming up in November that we will be using all this candy for because honestly, I would not even begin to know how I would eat as much candy as we got. I would start having to fill my office snack jars for the next few months!

General Negatives:
    • The fireworks were cancelled because of the winds. But that didn't surprise me as it was windy when we first entered. I even said "ah I bet fireworks are going to be cancelled" I really didn't notice.
    • We didn't get to see the villians when they came out at the front. That was only because we were not there at that time. At that time, we were dancing with Goofy and Donald at the Pirate area next to Thunder Mtn. Just as much fun to be had in my opinion. But I am sad I missed my photo op with the Shadow Man
    • We never made it to Fantasyland rides. But that was only because when we were between Matterhorn and the Teacups, we made a right (toward Matterhorn) instead of left. But honestly, no biggie really.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. The parade was fun. I liked the projections they had on Small World and on the Castle. So the question is....will I be budgeting to go again next year. The answer, YUP!

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by clara; 10-29-2012, 09:11 AM.

Ta Da!

Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Comment

I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys.

I also forgot to address the third issue that was brought up on these boards about the Halloween event.
            The crowds:

I'll just break it down to ride wait times at the times I rode the rides:
            • Thunder Mtn - 15 minutes around 7:30pm
            • Pirates - wait time was 10 minutes around 8:15pm.
            • Splash Mtn - walk on (3 minutes to walk through queue then step into a log) around 9:00
            • Haunted Mansion - at around 9:00 was 30 minutes but when I rode at about 9:30 it was 20 minutes
            • Matterhorn at around 10:00 pm was 20 minutes
            • Star Tours around 10:45 was walk on (3 minutes to walk through queue then a few minutes to wait for the doors to open to get on the ride)
            • Buzz Blasters was walk on
            • Ghost Galaxy - 20-40 minutes through out the night (when I got in line at 11:30 it was 20 minutes

The times were from memory so they were estimates but close enough.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
              A wonderful possitive TR. Thanks for sharing!
              Awesome pics and vidoes!
              For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                  Great report!!! I love seeing pictures of the Halloween stuff, and glad you guys had a great time!! Ah... brings back memories of the time we were there when it was in DCA!! Good times!
                  I think it needs to go back to DCA. DCA just seems more equipped for it.

Ta Da!

Comment

sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

Originally posted by darkamor View Post
                      I have to ask if Jack & Sally were out in New Orleans square for photo ops (& if it was too long of a line to attempt), yet I am glad to read about these Candy Station Zones (a new procedure that seems to be working? I guess TDA does listen to complaints!) ...

Happy & Safe Halloween to all -

C J
                      Jack and Sally were out but there was a line so we opted to not stand in it, even though the line really wasn't to bad. We headed to the dancing with Goofy, Donald and Chip and Dale.

Thanks!

Ta Da!

Comment

Comment

Comment

BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X