Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!

I am happy to report that I am now first in line to purchase the first Earl of Sandwich that will be served at Downtown Disney's Earl of Sandwich shop this, Friday, Nov. 2! Because it's Halloween tomorrow I'm dressed as an "Earl of Sand-witch," so if you're visiting Disneyland this week please, please, please stop by and say hello to the cross-dressing monster who is first (or possibly still alone) in line. It's so very lonely, and it's surprisingly cold at night. Great news: the witch's dress makes it easy to inconspicuously replace wet Depends, though this might not look as normal after Halloween.

This had better be a REALLY good sandwich.

Re: Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!

It soft opens today..... Enjoy
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

You waited in line for a sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
        LOL but I think they are in line right now for the Friday opening? Right?! I may be wrong though.

But I may make my way down there on Friday evening and see if I can grab one. I want to try the ice skating to.
        Last edited by clara; 10-29-2012, 08:50 AM.

Ta Da!

Comment

Wow - holy cow - I am so proud of you !
          Can I be your friend ? And Maybe we can wait in line at the 60th together since my wife will not do it - I need a line friend - LOL !

Gold Mickey says:
          If I didn't live in Phoenix - I would come to say hi to you !
          I always dream of being first in line for a Disney event and holding a sign that says I am first in line for the Disney ...........

PS : We love Earl Of Sandwich ! ! !

Comment

You dork!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              You dork!

. . :unsure:
              Me, misterdisney or both of us?
              :shy:

Comment

I wish. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down there on Friday. School be damned!
                "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Hey, fellow Micechatters! Are you like me and wonder,
                  what if the REAL Earl of Sandwich could visit the Disneyland Resort today with those of us waiting in line at the Earl of Sandwich?

If so, then this thread is for you! Link:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-show-him.html
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM. Reason: to improve the link

Comment

Originally posted by misterdisney View Post
                    Wow - holy cow - I am so proud of you !
                    Can I be your friend ? And Maybe we can wait in line at the 60th together since my wife will not do it - I need a line friend.
                    Not bragging but my wife (then girlfriend) waited with me for the 50th on July 16th. We slept, in line, under the Maliboomer. Now that's she my wife I'm not sure she'd do it again.
                    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

I've given it some thought. I've decided to be in awe of you.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I'm going to laugh when you're still in line a month from now. "I'm sure it will really finally open today, I'm sure of it...".
                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                          :lol: I was thinking the same thing........

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

. . :unsure:
                            Me, misterdisney or both of us?
                            :shy:
                            Maybe dedicated fanatic sounded better than dork.

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                              Not bragging but my wife (then girlfriend) waited with me for the 50th on July 16th. We slept, in line, under the Maliboomer. Now that's she my wife I'm not sure she'd do it again.
                              I have never gotten over I didn't come for the day of the 50th. I have never forgiven myself.

Comment

This topic is, shall we say, false, apparently. From another thread:
                                I'm not really in line or even in Anaheim! Shhhhh!
                                I was just trying to sound cool in this and in that other thread:
                                LINK: Now 1st in line for EARL of SANDWICH which opens, Fri., Nov. 2!
                                Sorry jcruise86, but not cool......

Comment

Originally posted by misterdisney View Post
                                  I have never gotten over I didn't come for the day of the 50th. I have never forgiven myself.
                                  MisterDisney, I won't lie to you. I never lie on Micechat. That 50th celebration was the greatest day OF MY LIFE. By far. If the afterlife is like "Groundhog Day" and that is my day, I'll have the happiest heaven in the history & future of all universes. Boy, ya never get those days back.

Now, y'all are probably wondering how these sandwiches compare and contrast with those served at the Earls in WDW's Downtown Disney, in Las Vegas, and in North Korea.

Better!

First off, lunch is free today! And these real attractive Early Birds (that's what they call the workers here) are feeding us by hand! When I asked if I could have TWO lobster tail sandwiches, but without the bun they said, "No problem!" When I heard that they had obtained an alcohol permit, I just expected overpriced beers. Well, just for lunch today, the best bartender from the Napa Rose is making drinks (all top shelf booze), though I wish they didn't cut folks off after three.

Wish you were here!

--The King of the Litterbox

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                                  This topic is, shall we say, false, apparently. From another thread:

Sorry jcruise86, but not cool......
                                  I thought everyone would know I was kidding! I like stories. (I think the great Aashee suspected something. Though when I met at Knott's Scary Farm in 2011 or 2010 he said something like how I seemed less awful in person.:lol Didn't anyone suspect I was making it up? From a few posts I thought I had amused a few people and that usually gives my day meaning. From the comments I thought I had made a few strangers laugh with this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...promotion.html
                                  so maybe I was feeling comedically overconfident.
                                  Write the word and I will never try to be funny on Micechat again.

My daughter and I heard Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on Saturday, so I've had Phil Hendrie pranks on my mind.

If we (Mice) chatters have offended,
                                  Think but this, and all is mended,
                                  That you have but read my gas
                                  And helped my morning hap'ly pass.

Sorry 'gain I made up news,
                                  Please don't 86 Jcruise.
                                  Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I am happy to report that I am now first in line to purchase the first Earl of Sandwich that will be served at Downtown Disney's Earl of Sandwich shop this, Friday, Nov. 2! Because it's Halloween tomorrow I'm dressed as an "Earl of Sand-witch," so if you're visiting Disneyland this week please, please, please stop by and say hello to the cross-dressing monster who is first (or possibly still alone) in line. It's so very lonely, and it's surprisingly cold at night. Great news: the witch's dress makes it easy to inconspicuously replace wet Depends, though this might not look as normal after Halloween.

This had better be a REALLY good sandwich.
                                    i thought it was real, but then i hit some points (where i underlined) where i was questioning it, and then that last line i was like "no way is this real" and then i realized this was all in fun to show what some of us are willing to do for our beloved disney.

i thought it was funny, jcruise. i, too, like a good story; no 86ing from me

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                                      . . . jcruise86, but not cool......
                                      Disneymike, again, sorry! I just sent this personal apology to MisterDisney and I'm posting it here because it applies to you too:

MisterDisney, PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I was just joking about having been there. I joke around too much. Though sometimes like in this thread:
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/175197-predictions-title-2014-promotion.html
                                      I seem to make a couple of people laugh, judging from their posts.

I can honestly report that on Walt Disney's 100th Birthday (December 5, 2001), I went to Forest Lawn with flowers to leave near where his family members rest in peace. First I went to the wrong Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, then while driving to the one closer to Disney Studios on the hill in Burbank I felt so stupid, thinking, "Why am I wasting time and gas delivering flowers to a dead stranger?!" Then when I found his marker (I'd visited there twice before) I was happily relieved when saw that about 100 others had left flowers, stuffed Disney characters, and drawings of Disney characters with notes.

And I went to college in California so I could work at Disneyland, and I used years worth of airline miles to fly to Tokyo Disneyland. I think constantly about taking my daughter to Disneyland this coming weekend and to WDW in TWO YEARS. So I respect how much you wish you had been at the 50th. I think when I poke fun at the enthusiasm of fellow Micechatters, I'm making fun of myself just as much.

Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
                                      i thought it was real, but then i hit some points (where i underlined) where i was questioning it, and then that last line i was like "no way is this real" and then i realized this was all in fun to show what some of us are willing to do for our beloved disney.

i thought it was funny, jcruise. i, too, like a good story; no 86ing from me
                                      Thanks, BisforBrittney!

---------- Post added 10-29-2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                                      Sorry, this is :ot:

WRDup, I can relate. My "wife (then girlfriend)" went to Disneyland for her first time on our first date, and she did many more fun things with me like go to Raging Waters. Then after we married I asked, "Want to go to Raging Waters?" Her reply (in proper English accent), "No. We won't be doing THAT.")

Fortunately I have turned our daughter into a theme park-loving mini-me. And my wife is happy to get a day to relax on her own. (
                                      I hope I'm right about the "on her own" part! )
                                      Last edited by jcruise86; 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

MisterDisney, I won't lie to you. I never lie on Micechat. That 50th celebration was the greatest day OF MY LIFE. By far. If the afterlife is like "Groundhog Day" and that is my day, I'll have the happiest heaven in the history & future of all universes. Boy, ya never get those days back.

Now, y'all are probably wondering how these sandwiches compare and contrast with those served at the Earls in WDW's Downtown Disney, in Las Vegas, and in North Korea.

Better!

First off, lunch is free today! And these real attractive Early Birds (that's what they call the workers here) are feeding us by hand! When I asked if I could have TWO lobster tail sandwiches, but without the bun they said, "No problem!" When I heard that they had obtained an alcohol permit, I just expected overpriced beers. Well, just for lunch today, the best bartender from the Napa Rose is making drinks (all top shelf booze), though I wish they didn't cut folks off after three.

Wish you were here!

--The King of the Litterbox

I thought everyone would know I was kidding! I like stories. (I think the great Aashee suspected something. Though when I met at Knott's Scary Farm in 2011 or 2010 he said something like how I seemed less awful in person.:lol Didn't anyone suspect I was making it up? From a few posts I thought I had amused a few people and that usually gives my day meaning. From the comments I thought I had made a few strangers laugh with this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...promotion.html
                                        so maybe I was feeling comedically overconfident.
                                        Write the word and I will never try to be funny on Micechat again.

My daughter and I heard Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on Saturday, so I've had Phil Hendrie pranks on my mind.

If we (Mice) chatters have offended,
                                        Think but this, and all is mended,
                                        That you have but read my gas
                                        And helped my morning hap'ly pass.

Sorry 'gain I made up news,
                                        Please don't 86 Jcruise.
                                        There's no 86ing from me jcruise, I do enjoy your posts, No harm, no foul.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X