Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is the best parking structure?

I will be driving to dl and am wondering what is the most convenient parking structure? How do you get the main gates from the suggested parking?

Thanks

Re: What is the best parking structure?

Mickey and Friends Parking Structure and you will take the tram which drops you off right at the front gate.

Ta Da!

Comment

I've always parked in the Mickey & Friends structure. Then you hop on a tram and they drop you off in Down Town Disney. To me that's always my 1st and last ride of the day Each tram train probably holds 150+ people. They come every few minutes.
      sigpic

Comment

From where will you be driving, Dustinius?
        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

I use the Toy Story Lot. Its on Harbor just plast the parks. They have buss that can take you from lot to Park very quickly and they have lots of buss running at one time so you wont have to wait long or at all to ride. Also if you need to buy tickets you can do it in the lot befor you get on the buss.

Comment

Giant panda, I will be driving from ayres inn orange on chapman.

Comment

I always feel that Mickey and Friends is the right way to start off the day at Disneyland. It just gets me in the right frame of mind and it certainly helps to have someone else do the driving for a little bit. It is a bit of a hassle at the end of the night, though, to get on the tram because you have to wait behind a couple hundred people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinius View Post
                Giant panda, I will be driving from ayres inn orange on chapman.
                Every day you will want to go up Harbor and make a right into the Toy Story Lot at Convention Way. The one exception is on your Magic Morning day, go up Harbor to Ball and make a left, this is just after you go over an overpass. Then a left on Disneyland Drive and into the Mickey and Friends Garage.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I prefer the toy story lot.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                    Every day you will want to go up Harbor and make a right into the Toy Story Lot at Convention Way. The one exception is on your Magic Morning day, go up Harbor to Ball and make a left, this is just after you go over an overpass. Then a left on Disneyland Drive and into the Mickey and Friends Garage.
                    Is the toy story lot closer? Why only on the magic morning should I use Mickey and friends? Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinius View Post
                      Is the toy story lot closer? Why only on the magic morning should I use Mickey and friends? Please explain.
                      As far as I know, of course being a AP Holder I only get MM about once a year, Toy Story does not open early enough to get to MM. The M&F garage opens 30 minutes before MM starts. Giving you 30 minutes to park, get to the trams and ride to DTD, and then walk to the gates. It's plenty of time but do aim to be at the garage entry when it opens so you don't wast any of MM getting to the parks. M&F opens 1.5 hours before the park's regular opening.

Yes Toy Story is closer, you will drive by it going to the M&F garage. Seriously in the time it takes to pull into the Toy Story Lot, park, get on the shuttle and ride it to the drop off at the Esplanade, you would probably be finding a parking spot in the M&F garage. It's much faster. Toy Story lot opens an hour before the parks do for thier regular hours. Plenty of time to get into the lot, park and to the gates.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

toy story is way better

Comment

I like the M&F structure personally, but I think the Toy Story lot is more convenient for what you are looking for.

Comment

From that area Toy Story lot is WAY easier. If the Mickey and Friends structure consistently had the Pinocchio lot booth open then either one would be fine, but since they don't Toy Story is easier both for coming/going back to your hotel.

Comment

i like mickey and friends, you get to take the tram! and that is the 1st ride of the day!!

Comment

Toy Story has been the easiest from experience. Mickey & Friends will just become a traffic jam on crowded days.

Toy Story you will find a spot fairly quick, buses are always there & can load plenty, & it's just down the street from Disney. We left on Christmas last year and it was so crowded, but I'm glad I remembered the Toy Story parking lot because I know we wouldn't have been parked in Mickey's for at least half an hour by the time we were already in the park.

Comment

Toy Story is always faster and easier in my opinion, but if you want a genuine Disney experience, the M&F structure is better. The toy story buses are just buses and they are frequently staffed by bus drivers who are not very clear at all at explaining where you parked and what stop to get off (there are two: Woody and Jessie/Buzz).

Comment

Sticky and Friends has the tram, but Toy Story is just much more convenient.

Comment

The Toy Story lot is not always open, as it is considered overflow, according to the cast member I spoke with. (we were going to stay in a hotel close by and wondered about catching the shuttle.)

Comment

I think Mickey and Friends is much more convenient. If the tram is too crowded, the park is just a short, pleasant walk away. This is especially benificial if you leave at closing or right when the fireworks are over and there is a mad rush to the tram. Typically at those times you can walk back faster than waiting for a tram.

With Toy Story, if there is a line for the busses, you have no choice but to wait it out.
                                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X