Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! ! ! !

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by Zeth View Post
    I can't see them closing off sections of the park, if they were to film publicly it would probably be just certain parts of main street, or maybe New Orleans, considering those are the few parts of Disneyland that are still somewhat original.
    They closed off big sections for the filming of "Modern Family" on one of the most busiest days. Also they don't want modern people to be seen in the park that takes place during the 60's.

Comment

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
      They closed off big sections for the filming of "Modern Family" on one of the most busiest days. Also they don't want modern people to be seen in the park that takes place during the 60's.
      Yeah I guess having people with Iphone 5's in the background of a movie that takes place in the 60s wont really work to well. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
        So the million dollar question is

Will he come out in the movie holding a ...........?

a) cigar like in real life
        The film will accurately depict smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
          The film will accurately depict smoking.

At the end of the movie there will probably be a sentence on the screen noting that he died a year or two later in 1966 from lung cancer. This film will save
          more lives than deaths caused by Jenny McCarthy and Tom Cruise combined. Have any of you thought of Walt Disney when you were deciding whether or not to smoke? I did and then I didn't smoke.

(
          Yeah, that's off track about Cruise and McCarthy, but if one person is saved because he or she received a vaccine or medication to fight depression, it will have been worth being a little obnoxious.)

Comment

Re: Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            How could he not be? He has the same birthday as me and OJ! :sc:
            That's my birthday, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
              That's my birthday, too!
              And Courtney Love, who was born on the exact same day I was.

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
              The filming locations are going to be shut off so guests that day won't even be able to come close to the filming locations.

Plus Disney is keeping tight wraps on Tom Hanks as Mr. Disney and don't want anything leaked until the movie comes out. So don't except him to come out and greet people. From what I hear all filming locations are near the backstage area so they can sneak Tom Hanks in and out.
              Thanks, Basil! You may have saved some Tom Hanks and/or Walt Disney fans a disappointing trip to Disneyland, though being at Disneyland would be unbeatable consolation.

I hope that Tom Hanks will walk around the park after shooting is done on the second day and pose for photos, especially in Frontierland and on Main Street. Posing with fans in front of the castle could cause a Walt-mania mob scene and it doesn't have the cast members'-only backstage areas that are all over Main Street if the crowds get too big.

Photos of Hanks as Disney could be worth literally millions of dollars of free publicity for this movie if the photos were picked up by magazines. I really hope that Hanks and Disney's marketers are smart enough to do this. With all the excitement over that actor in a Superman costume or as Ann H. as Catwoman, I bet there is some free publicity planned. He doesn't have to look exactly like Walt, he just has to radiate genius and an unequalled bond with America's great middle class. If Hanks just spent a couple hours freaking people out at Disneyland he'd have enough funny anecdotes for the entire press tour of this film. (Can you tell that I enjoyed an entertainment marketing class I took at USC?)

How creepy and cool would it be if he waved out from a window above the fire station? The might get some hits on Youtube.

It would be interesting (for me) to see a photo of Hanks as Walt framed in some Main Street store, or maybe among that collection of celebrities at Disneyland at the Disneyland Hotel. The two-time Oscar winner would fit right in.

The Disney gallery could have an exhibit of the art involved in this movie before and soon after the movie opens, maybe with making of videos that could be included on the DVD/Blue Ray release.

Just curious, does anyone besides the great Mr. Wiggins read my long posts?
              Last edited by jcruise86; 11-02-2012, 06:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I will also say that Carnation Cafe, other areas of Main Street, and some areas of Fantasyland will be blocked off for filming.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Park Hours & Calendar - Disneyland Resort(1).png
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	7345325

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                    Just curious, does anyone besides the great Mr. Wiggins read my long posts?
                    Well, two of us at any rate.

Maybe "Walt" could climb into the Haunted Mansion and surprise guests with a warning about smoking and lung cancer? On the other hand, we already saw that SNL sketch with Hanks in the haunted ride and I suspect we all know how THAT'S going to turn out!

...but yeah, peeking out of the firehouse window. Wow. That's be a great shot. I'd set that as desktop wallpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
                      jcruise, do you own stock in Disney, or maybe have a piece of the parking concession?
                      I own stock in Disney and you don't see me promoting anything
                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I want to see a picture of him in character.
                        sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                          I want to see a picture of him in character.
                          So do I because I am struggling a little with Tom Hanks looking like Walt.
                          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                            That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.

Comment

So they chose to film this on Nov. 7 & 8.
                              Election day and the following day when the results are studied quietly by Americans and their press.

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24857[/ATTACH]
                                The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  The movie probably could get away with Carnation Cafe, but Fantaslyand looks nothing like it did in Walt's day. How are they going to get away with that?
                                  Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area

Comment

Originally posted by ssaamm View Post
                                    Might just be filming around Small World/Matterhorn/Alice in Wonderland area
                                    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
                                    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                        Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                        That makes two of us! I can't picture Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. I just can't.
                                        Look at the first post in this link and the video linked in it.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...nks-cameo.html
                                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

They probably won't bother changing relatively minor aspects of certain things like the Matterhorn bobsleds. Even in That Thing You Do IIRC the bobsleds were at their 1990s configuration.

However I don't see them filming too much in Fantasyland itself. For example Pinocchio wasn't even open in Walt's day, and the facades of everything else just didn't exist back then.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X