Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! ! ! !

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
    All those rides have changes since 1961. What about safety rails at Alice, Small World is having its holiday overlay installed, and the Matterhorn has its new bobsleds. Well maybe they could digitally cut out some of some of it and keep the camera out of the way of the track. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

What if they close that section of the park down to film, and when they reopen it everything is how it was in 1961!

Comment

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Well they did say the Matterhorn was faster when they had just single bobsleds.

"THAT'S R
      IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I hate to say but this movie sounds downright ridiculous. I got all excited because I thought it would be the tale of Walt's life, but it's not...

Facebook me!
        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
          The truth of the matter is that the majority of people watching this movie won't even notice or care whether or not the places he's shown are authentically 1961. It would be nice if they chose the places that still remain mostly true to how they appeared in 1961, but if they want to show him in front of Dumbo or the teacups (classic, instantly recognizable Disney park icons), they're going to do it, history be damned. I doubt they'll even bother to digitally alter them.
          In maintaining historical accuracy in films that deal with the lives of historical figures, what matters is not if the people watching the movie care, but if the filmmakers care.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

That's what we all thought but I figured that it must have been a big event in the studios history for it to be chosen. Maybe if this film is successful they will go and make a movie all about Walt from Marceline to Anaheim. However we have to look at the bare bones of this and only one thing really stands out that will sell this to fans ITS A LUMPIN' MOVIE ABOUT WALT!!!!! WHEN WILL THE STUDIOS GET THE BRAINS TO DO THIS SORT OF MOVIE AGAIN, EMBRACE IT MAN THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE!!!

"THAT'S R
            IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Here is side by side photo from the OC Register..

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcf3q5-mcf3puwaltdisneycopy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	7345349

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                I hate to say but this movie sounds downright ridiculous. I got all excited because I thought it would be the tale of Walt's life, but it's not...
                Even if it's more about the author of Mary Poppins than Walt, it could still be great since she's being played by Emma Thompson. I've gone into movies concerned that that actors didn't look right for the part, but if the actor is excellent I forget this in a minute.

I just hope they get across that Walt was a genius at the height of his powers (1964 World's Fair attractions in NY, and POTC, the HM & WDW all being planned, and Mary Poppins). And I hope it shows his effective working relationship with the great Sherman Bros., who were also at the height of their genius.

Right now, no one, not even Hanks, the screenwriter, the director nor the producers know how well this movie will turn out. Editing in weak music, or editing in music too loudly, or even the addition of two unnecessary scenes could kill the entire picture. But if a lot of talented artists are at their best, it could win Best Picture, and millions more could come to admire my favorite capitalist, Walt Disney.

P.S. I suggest they use variations of Disney music like "Feed the Birds" throughout the film.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                  Even if it's more about the author of Mary Poppins than Walt, it could still be great since she's being played by Emma Thompson. I've gone into movies concerned that that actors didn't look right for the part, but if the actor is excellent I forget this in a minute.

I just hope they get across that Walt was a genius at the height of his powers (1964 World's Fair attractions in NY, and POTC, the HM & WDW all being planned, and Mary Poppins). And I hope it shows his effective working relationship with the great Sherman Bros., who were also at the height of their genius.

Right now, no one, not even Hanks, the screenwriter, the director nor the producers know how well this movie will turn out. Editing in weak music, or editing in music too loudly, or even the addition of two unnecessary scenes could kill the entire picture. But if a lot of talented artists are at their best, it could win Best Picture, and millions more could come to admire my favorite capitalist, Walt Disney.

P.S. I suggest they use variations of Disney music like "Feed the Birds" throughout the film.
                  I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.

Facebook me!
                  Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.
                    If this is a huge hit there will be more interest in that. The climax of that one could be the opening of Disneyland.

It's not easy to write an outstanding screenplay. If this story about conflict in the making of Mary Poppins was a visually interesting page turner with engaging characters and a good ending, then they were smart to make this now.
                    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Every single Disney fan? That would be a cult movie, not a blockbuster.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Well, I guess it's fitting since Tom Hanks sort of looks like Walt Disney at the end of this Saturday Night Live skit

Amusement Park | Video | Saturday Night Live | NBC

Total Tender Rides: 20
                        Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                        Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                        Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

It's very commonplace for large parts of backgrounds, even of scenes filmed live on location, to be seamlessly CGI'd and mixed with actual on-location sets and backgrounds. They even do it convincingly on television nowadays.

I'd imagine they could easily change anything that doesn't look original, but actually being there gives them the foundation of realism to work with, as opposed to a total green screen job or building a set.

Comment

I can see them using CGI as well for transitions in the park
                            Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I'm curious to hear what Hanks does with the voice.
                              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Here he is! Found this photo on Twitter, taken by @MelFarleyActor

Photo by melfarleyactor • Instagram
                                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

A CM let me know they are filming today by the Castle and Fantasyland probably until 5pm today. So Fantasyland is closed for much of today.

Comment

Name:	tumblr_md315l9zYk1rz8rkho3_1280.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	7345364

Just saw this on tumblr. How exciting!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
                                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]24907[/ATTACH]

Just saw this on tumblr. How exciting!
                                      That is a great shot! It looks like how it would in the 60's! I love it!

Ta Da!

Comment

Very Cool!

Comment

Not sure if this picture has appeared yet...
                                          Here's Tom Hanks as Walt Disney, filming in Disneyland today

Name:	21114_512182388800157_284174958_n.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	7345365

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X