Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! ! ! !

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

    Someone may have brought this up already, but they changed the flags on the drawbridge to match the time period, yet there is snow on the castle? I wonder why Disney couldn't hold off throwing up the fake snow until after filming was done. I know this won't add or take anything to the film and for all I know you may not even see the top of the castle in the final cut, but it just got me thinking since they went through the trouble of changing the flags out.


    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

      Well they own ILM now, they can easily take the snow out with CG.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

        Custodial cast members had to remove many of the trash cans from Main Street last night because they are not historically accurate. The process slowly began before park closing. From what was overeard backstage, many shots would be close-up type, since much of Main Street has changed over time. Also, flower carts will be placed in front of things that can't be moved, such as the corn dog/popcorn carts, etc.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

          Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
          Well they own ILM now, they can easily take the snow out with CG.
          I guess that's true, I didn't think of that. You would just think they could hold off on putting up the snow for a week or so but I guess not. I do wish there was some "regular" time at the Resort in between the holidays even if it only is a few weeks or so. From the start of Halloween it's like getting hit in the face with holiday decorations until the end of the year.
          Last edited by explodingboy; 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM.


          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

            The picture of the extras is scary because all I have to do is dress in my normal clothes and I could still pass and a extra. Does that tell you something about how I dress? Mr. Hanks looks pretty convincing to the normal guests eyes, he was probably in the shade so you couldn't see to much of his makeup that makes him look gray.


            See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




            "THAT'S R
            IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

              Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
              Someone may have brought this up already, but they changed the flags on the drawbridge to match the time period, yet there is snow on the castle? I wonder why Disney couldn't hold off throwing up the fake snow until after filming was done. I know this won't add or take anything to the film and for all I know you may not even see the top of the castle in the final cut, but it just got me thinking since they went through the trouble of changing the flags out.

              Probably had something to do with the Christmas Parade taping this past weekend. I'm wondering if Disney will remove the snow and change the color of the castle digitally.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                Just did some searching on google and somebody managed to snap this picture of Tom, dressed as Walt. I can't figure out where he is standing though...

                Tom Hanks As Walt Disney! First Look! | PerezHilton.com


                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                  ah! That is a good site for more 1960's re-do

                  Old Popcorn cart...5cents popcorn!

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	saving-mr-banks-disneyland.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	7345368

                  More of the retro flags on castle

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	a7cs9ieceaagevc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	7345369

                  Ta Da!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                    Now I say, once they are done filming that they should leave all of the flags, and old popcorn carts in service


                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                      Originally posted by Zeth View Post
                      Just did some searching on google and somebody managed to snap this picture of Tom, dressed as Walt. I can't figure out where he is standing though...

                      Tom Hanks As Walt Disney! First Look! | PerezHilton.com
                      Finally! A picture of Mr. Hanks as Mr. Disney. He looks great in the part. Can't wait to see the first trailer.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                        Been thinking will they cgi the castle to match the colors of the orignal castle?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                          they movie comes out in December 20 2013 so maybe that is why they have the snow on it
                          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                            Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                            Probably had something to do with the Christmas Parade taping this past weekend. I'm wondering if Disney will remove the snow and change the color of the castle digitally.
                            They are probably going to have to.

                            Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                            they movie comes out in December 20 2013 so maybe that is why they have the snow on it
                            There is snow on the castle right now because that is what they do every Christmas season as part of the decorations. There shouldn't be snow on the castle in the movie, because it never snows in Anaheim nor did they have the fake snow on the castle in the 60's.

                            Originally posted by Zeth View Post
                            Just did some searching on google and somebody managed to snap this picture of Tom, dressed as Walt. I can't figure out where he is standing though...

                            Tom Hanks As Walt Disney! First Look! | PerezHilton.com
                            Looks like the corn dog truck behind him, so I am guessing somewhere near the hub?


                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                              Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                              I guess I am wildly surprised that the first movie being done with Walt, isn't even about him and doesn't chronicle his life story. That is above all, what every single Disney fan wants to see on the big screen.
                              I have no interest in seeing a full life-spanning film. I think its far too much material to properly cover in the span of just a few hours. Maybe as a television mini series, but not a single film.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                I love the way the extra's are dressed!
                                The snow was put on in Oct....I figured it was put on for preparation of the Christmas Parade taping and ths holiday season.
                                Does anyone know it there every was snow put up during the Walt years?

                                and I agree Walt's life should be a done as a mini-series but do we really want to see a show that could portray a possible bad side to him? Maybe a him he did not want us to see. very interesting.
                                Little and broken, but still good.

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                  Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
                                  I love the way the extra's are dressed!
                                  The snow was put on in Oct....I figured it was put on for preparation of the Christmas Parade taping and ths holiday season.
                                  Does anyone know it there every was snow put up during the Walt years?

                                  and I agree Walt's life should be a done as a mini-series but do we really want to see a show that could portray a possible bad side to him? Maybe a him he did not want us to see. very interesting.
                                  No there was not, the snow has only been happening since 2007. I would imagine, even if they don't digitally alter the castle colors for a more authentic 1960s look, that they'll at least be Photoshopping out the snow.

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                    Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
                                    Does anyone know it there every was snow put up during the Walt years?
                                    They only started doing that a few years ago. Before they just had garland around the turrets.

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                      I read in today's newspaper that they shot near the Carousel and also by the Astro Orbiter.
                                      That's interesting, since there was no Astro Orbiter in the '60s, the carousel was in a different location and the entire Fantasyland facade is dramatically different now.

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                        Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
                                        I read in today's newspaper that they shot near the Carousel and also by the Astro Orbiter.
                                        That's interesting, since there was no Astro Orbiter in the '60s, the carousel was in a different location and the entire Fantasyland facade is dramatically different now.
                                        The Fantasyland facades were redone back in 1983.

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

                                          Originally posted by film975 View Post
                                          The Fantasyland facades were redone back in 1983.
                                          Exactly!
                                          So, they don't work as backgrounds for a 1960's film.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X