Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! ! ! !

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
    Exactly!
    So, they don't work as backgrounds for a 1960's film.
    Yep. I imagine a lot of CG effects are going to be done here.

Comment

Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
      Exactly!
      So, they don't work as backgrounds for a 1960's film.
      They'll work for me.

And I'll get to annoy the crap out of my uninterested friends and relatives by excitedly pointing out this "mistake."
      :meet:

Comment

wow. on this other site, they have vintage mickey n goofy. they look soo different back then.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          They'll work for me.

And I'll get to annoy the crap out of my uninterested friends and relatives by excitedly pointing out this "mistake."
          :meet:
          i will to :lol:
          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

The filming wasn't wide shots. They were in tight to the castle. The only cosmetic change was switching out the new banners with the old school ones. Check out the photo in the upper right of this collage:
            Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in "Saving Mr. Banks"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_md4vqwiI1Z1r3mohvo1_400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	7345370

Oh my goodness!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry--Tom Hanks just doesn't look like Walt.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                  Sorry--Tom Hanks just doesn't look like Walt.
                  Well Stephan Lang looked nothing like George Pickett but, that didn't stop him from playing the part. Someone mentioned another actor and yes he does look like Walt...the Walt of the 1930's, this is the Walt of the 1960's. Frankly I never really cared much for an actors looks, if Hanks gives a stellar performance I will declare myself a better critic than Leonard Maltin and make it one of the best films of the year.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]24913[/ATTACH]

Oh my goodness!!!
                  PLEASE TELL ME THIS WAS ON SET AND NOT A VINTAGE PHOTOGRAPH!!!! :0 Looking at the entrance it was most likely on set.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
                  IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Wow. Just look at how differently people dressed back then. I'm just glad that Mad Hatter is a face character now. Instead of that creepy mask character they had back then.

Comment

Some Pictures form today, was there around 10:20 am:

Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Dont laugh at me, but what side are they filming on at the main gate? The one closest to Harbor or DTD?

Comment

Originally posted by oohykitten View Post
                          Dont laugh at me, but what side are they filming on at the main gate? The one closest to Harbor or DTD?
                          They were filming on the left side closest to DTD, and the shoots in the limo in front of the gate was don't in the middle. They only had 1 entrance open and the line had 1000's of people in it just to get in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post
                            They were filming on the left side closest to DTD, and the shoots in the limo in front of the gate was don't in the middle. They only had 1 entrance open and the line had 1000's of people in it just to get in the park.
                            Thanks so much! Its silly but I have a special place in my heart for "gate 11" as my sons brick is right there. Now I'm even more curious to see the movie, even if its not a 100% 60's Anaheim.

Comment

With all the pictures showing the extras, there seems to be a huge lack of children.
                              Be Cool Stay in School!
                              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I find the fact that there are no minor extras amusing (though I understand why). I suppose Disneyland was only meant for adults in the 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzgirl View Post
                                  I find the fact that there are no minor extras amusing (though I understand why). I suppose Disneyland was only meant for adults in the 60's.
                                  I think this has todo more with labor practices, no offense, but minors in the film industry especially in California have strict schedules they have to follow. Im sure they have a kid or two that is an extra but there probably closer to the camera.

Comment

Tom Hanks better watch out or Bob Iger will want to buy him too...

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                                      With all the pictures showing the extras, there seems to be a huge lack of children.
                                      You know I noticed that too, but I thought it was intentional. A large percentage of vintage photos and videos I've seen of DL appear to have significantly less children in them than what you would see at DL today. I did see a picture of filming on another thread with two children in it, however.

Comment

Yeah I saw all the filming and stuff today, and I actually saw Tom Hanks when they were shooting. And I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed. I think he was a bad choice to play Walt Disney looks wise. Hes not a very convincing Walt. Hes too chubby. That being said I'm curious to see how it turns out.
                                        Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

• Re: Shhh! Don't call attention to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in Disneyland THIS WEEK! !

Did they had to go to the Disneyland garage or something to put back all those signs, flags and popcorn cart? If they did than that is awesome or is it all remade for the film

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X