Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

If you had a time machine....

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] If you had a time machine....

If you had a time machine, what era in Disneyland would you travel back to, so you could see it as it was in the past?
    Disneyland's first year
    18.18%
    The late 50's
    7.27%
    1960-1966
    12.73%
    1967-1971
    18.18%
    1972-1982
    25.45%
    1983-1993
    14.55%
    1994-2004
    1.82%
    Would prefer to visit the modern era.
    1.82%

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Early 90s when i was a little kid. Then again, the 70s would have been cool to see since i wasn't born yet

Comment

Re: If you had a time machine....

I voted for this: (Thanks Dave for the image)

Click image for larger version

Name:	KTPBKYC_10_68_N30B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	7345321

Comment

I'd want to visit in the mid 60s to see Walt and to see myself as a toddler with my family back then.

But I want to visit in the late 60s to see the changing styles of clothes & hair, and to see the new Tomorrowland.

If you want to see how much change took place in America in the 60s, contrast the best picture winners at the start and end of the decade, both set in New York City: The Apartment and Midnight Cowboy.

--Tom Sinsky

Comment

Definitely 1972-1982 to see the original Main Street Electrical Parade, America Sings, America on Parade, The 1977 Mouseketeers at the Tomorrowland Stage and other great stuff before I was born in 1976. Also, to witness Mickey Mouse's 50th Birthday, the revamped MSEP and Disneyland's 25th Anniversary. That era seemed to be a great time to visit DL.

Comment

What about the future? What about visiting multiple eras? Some of the eras as defined had major changes within them (such as 1997 Tomorrowland).
            "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
            - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

the 67 redue for me
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
                What about the future? What about visiting multiple eras? .
                I guess it depends on how much plutonium you brought with you or if you have Mr. Fusion.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                  If you had a time machine, what era in Disneyland would you travel back to, so you could see it as it was in the past?
                  For me its not what is in the past, because my first visit to DL was in the early 60's. I am 57 years old and if I had a time machine it would set to 30 to 40 years in the future.
                  THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

I would go back and stop them from destroying the people mover
                    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

late 60s / early 70s for me.
                      For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

'72 - '82 since that's when I first went!

Comment

I chose 94-04. I know this era is highly regarded as a low point in Disneyland history but it also happens to be the era when some of my favorite Disneyland memories were made.

---------- Post added 11-02-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by tahoebob54 View Post
                          For me its not what is in the past, because my first visit to DL was in the early 60's. I am 57 years old and if I had a time machine it would set to 30 to 40 years in the future.
                          Ah... This guy is on to something.
                          "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Originally posted by DarthAP View Post
                            Definitely 1972-1982 to see the original Main Street Electrical Parade, America Sings, America on Parade, The 1977 Mouseketeers at the Tomorrowland Stage and other great stuff before I was born in 1976. Also, to witness Mickey Mouse's 50th Birthday, the revamped MSEP and Disneyland's 25th Anniversary. That era seemed to be a great time to visit DL.
                            It was a great time at Disney, and I'd go back if I could.
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Late 50's because I have seen all the others. I'd like to see the park in it's first year.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X